x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • What grinds my gears

Discussion in 'Rant Archive' started by Krissy, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Krissy

Krissy Boss Member

Rant section? I think people don't understand what a rant is. But lets do this.

Firstly lets talk about these threads that pop up every once and awhile with people talking about their oh so terrible life, depression, personal feelings and things that should probably be kept to themselves. This forums is not a place to share your problems. Yes, sharing can help; but for the love of god think about how others react. Will it help you through your tough time with people telling you that you are attention seeking? Will it help to have to try speak in between the flaming? Does it make you feel better to be put down for how you feel because people don't actually care enough or understand? No. It will make you feel worse.
      Then you gain a reputation. People wont be nice to you over the internet generally. Not only are these threads frustrating, mods have to come in and waste their time punishing and removing posts...
      Stop making these stupid threads. Find someone to talk to, get help and don't make it public.

Also why are people so sensitive? Ok so you say something that offends someone and you are suddenly banned? The tiniest things offend everyone. Hell I could call my friend stupid and probably get banned for it. Why is it all about punishment when people need to be taught how to avoid these bad situations.

And ex staff, for the love of god, do not act like you know everything about what moderators do. This bugs me no end. I'm an ex-staff here. I don't have the slightest clue what the team is up to. So apart from comment on what I can see from the outside I don't go and try and tell staff what to do.
      Not only this, the suggestions on how staff should do things are just too much. Hello? You do know staff know how to evaluate what's working and what's not. Staff are not dough that you can mould into what you want. You should not suggest things that tell the team how to run things unless you are discussing with a staff. There is no reason for you to get involved unless you were hard done by. In that case there is a staff report section. Yeah, you have the right to your opinion but it doesn't mean you need to share it. Restraint and common sense; things that lack in quite a few ex staff.

And lets not leave out those staff hating players. "Hey staff, I hate you so im going to bang on about how much you all suck and are terrible and you abuse. But oh no, I got scammed, MOD PLS help. Thanks for helping but you know you are terrible staff im going to have you demoted".
      So you hate on the people that are here to help you and try get them demoted. Then you later complain that something bad happens and there are so many hackers and not enough staff... go figure. If you do the right thing 99.999% of the time you will not be punished. Yes it is ok to dislike someone, but this mentality of hate to the point you make their lives miserable for nothing? Pathetic. This is a game, this is a forums, and you are not in the slightest a cool, great, smart or respected person when you harass anyone online. It is not funny, it is not amusing, it is downright pathetic.
      And players, just like ex staff, discussing how mods do things does not help. In fact it just shows how little you really know about being a staff. You may think you are making things better but once something happens to you, then you will realise how wrong you are.

Well that was a waste of an hour but you get my point; dont make stupid threads, quit acting like you know the staff team and how they operate and your hate towards staff is pathetic. peace.

• Like Like x 1
    2. TADS

TADS Guest

• Like Like x 1
    3. Titanicguy

Titanicguy Boss Member

kissing your sister should not be a bannable offense

4. Krissy

Krissy Boss Member

Yes. Much yes.

5. Titanicguy

Titanicguy Boss Member

omg do ur job better!1!!1!!!!
      y r ther so many hackurs

6. Random

Random Legendary Member Premium

Wow lots of words...true though and I agree with them mostly.

7. StrKillr

StrKillr Boss Member

8. Titanicguy

Titanicguy Boss Member

Harambe floating in heaven

9. seanrays

seanrays Well-Known Member

I read the whole thing, I agree on some things listed. :)

10. Ness_Paula_Jeff

Ness_Paula_Jeff Active Member

Yah I think social media is for stuff like other rants such as KitPvP rants

11. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

preeeeechhhhhh

12. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

I agree on the 1st part so much. Leaving threads just spew out attention imo, and it really get's me going.

13. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Why would you think that?

I don't know what you mean by this. Depending on the individual it may or may not be better to not keep it to themselves.

This paragraph is trash. Not everyone tells people that they are attention seeking and there isn't always flaming. Referring to the second last line, just because you may not care or understand does not mean that everyone else won't care or understand. The last line is true if the circumstances which you mentioned are the circumstances, but they rarely are the circumstances on these forums. Yes we have people who call others out for being attention seekers but not everyone does that.

Generally? I meet lots of nice people over the internet.

It's really too bad that these threads frustrate you, there is however, a solution. Just don't click on them, or if you do by accident, simply leave by clicking the home button at the top of the page. Since when is removing offensive posts a waste of a moderators time? Is it not one of their sole purposes on this forum? To ensure a safe and friendly environment?

People can make threads like these if they wish, and whether or not they're stupid is a matter of opinion. There isn't always someone to talk to and lastly they can make it public if they feel the want to do so.

Slightly offensive words don't necessarily offend anyone, it's just part of the rules and the moderators must punish players breaking the rules. If you have a problem with the rules feel free to contact @Nanurz and make some suggestions.

If a staff member is making a mistake then they should be told that they are doing so, and ex-moderators may not know everything that the staff team do but they would have a pretty good idea - especially if they only recently resigned/got demoted.

What? If an individual has an idea that could allow the staff to do things better then why shouldn't they suggest it? Your mentality is a bad one to have in terms of progress.

Yes there is, I feel it is an obligation to step in and help someone when they are being bullied or are having trouble by themselves dealing with people.

There are lots of things in this world that we don't have to do, but we do it anyways because we can.

I agree with this.

14. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

Good rant. I respect it.

15. WinterWaffles

WinterWaffles Experienced Member

16. Krissy

Krissy Boss Member

I just had the best rant idea but it just occurred to me; Im crew server staff still, I am not allowed to cause trouble.
      But that is frustrating because I have so much to say. Well that just sucks. Maybe next time folks.

17. MC_Whispers

MC_Whispers Active Member

Ever heard of human proxies?

18. Alana

Alana Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree Any less.

All this is sadly True, people need to change how they act on line and in game.

19. MC_Whispers

Just wait for my new rant

20. MC_Whispers

THAT STATEMENT IS MISOGYNISTIC, RACIST, ABLEIST, TRANSPHOBIC, HOMOPHOBIC, MISANDRIST, COLONIALIST, MINIMALIST AND triggers me very much remove it or i'll report you to tumblr