x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • [USA] Pink's Moderator Reapplication [Global/SkyGrid/Survival] ☯

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by xen, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. xen

xen Well-Known Member

Introduction
      Hey guys, I'm finally back. I've been a little inactive and distant for quite some time now, however I really want to change some things about myself and the negativity I've shown lately. I've been thinking for quite some time now, and I've finally decided to take one more chance at moderator. Yeah, I know I was demoted, and I know some of the current staff probably aren't too fond of me right now, but right now I'd really like to explain what happened to Cypriot, and hopefully get at least a consideration from all of you. I really miss the server and community. I miss helping and seeing this place thrive and grow. The Mineverse community is something special to me and I'd hate to see something happen to it, which is why I believe I could help the staff with moderating and managing the community (which is one of my strong suits). I love you all, even if it doesn't seem like it, and I hope you can take this into consideration.

Message to CypriotMerks
      Cyp,

Hey, long time no see. How've you been? I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity of being a moderator on this wonderful server. Being one was very go honoring and fulfilling to me. Even though I was a prison guard for a longer time, I really did enjoy doing reports and appeals, which isn't often said about them. Hehehe.

Anyways, I know I may seem like a toxic staff member, and I would just like to apologise again for giving you that impression of me. That's not who I strive to be at all. What I said was a misunderstanding, I promise you this. I would never try to encourage the staff to resign in a million years, you have my word. I would like to go into further detail about what I said, but I'm not sure if it would be considered leaking messages if I did. I really do miss working for you and the server. I know I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but I am asking for just one more chance. I really hope you consider this apology and my application.

How old are you?
      I am currently 15 years old.

Your in-game name:
      My IGN is PinkStr3ak.
      What timezone are you in?
      I am in EST (GMT -5).

What country do you live in?
      I live in the United States.

What languages do you speak?
      I speak English and a bit of French.
      Why do you think you should become a mod?
      I have many specific traits that make me the perfect person to be a staff member, but for now, I will only list a few. I am...

Honest
      If I ever make a small mistake, I own it straight up. I don't point fingers, nor do I have someone take the blame. If it was me, it was me. Plain and simple. That is probably one of the most important traits a moderator can have. If you can't be honest, then how can you learn and grow from your mistakes? Having this trait also shows a lot of maturity.

Eager to Help
      I can honestly say that I love everything about moderating. Handling reports to me is very therapeutic to me because I love to clean the server and rid it of hackers, spammers, and swearers. Handling appeals makes me feel like a good and charitable person. It honestly helps me with my stress, which is a very rare quality for a staff member to have.

Active
      I always take the time to handle my duties on the server and forums, whether it be handling appeals or muting/banning in-game. I don't slack off like I see some have done in the past. For the time I was a staff, I was on every day doing as many reports as possible and getting to know the community better. I strive to be active as much as I can everyday.

Friendly, but Strict
      I am sweet and kind whenever I can be, but strict when I need to be. If a person is breaking the rules, I know exactly when to say "enough is enough" and take action appropriately. I don't beat around the bush. In the meantime, I am respectful to everyone in the community, no matter how many rules they have broken in the past.

Mature
      Moderating is a job that some people don't take seriously. I completely understand that once you become a moderator, it becomes a job; its not all fun and games anymore. I don't goof around, nor do I swear and break rules. I am a very good role model to fellow players, which is exactly what a moderator should strive to be.

Experienced
      Being an experienced staff member means I know exactly what I'm doing, which is also important to a server. I know all of the rules and commands by heart. See the "Do you have any experience as a moderator?" section for more information.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      I can be on the server 1-2 hours on the weekdays, and 3-4 hours on the weekends. The forums are an exception; I can check them very often thoughout the day, every day. I can also take care of reports through MineChat. :)
      How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I have been a member of Mineverse since May of this year.

Have you ever been banned in the past?
      Yes, but only because of my permissions having to be taken away.
      Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      Of course! I was a Moderator and a Prison Guard for about a month in total on this server before my demotion. I am currently an Administrator on a very large server which has an online-player average with now 5000 players, so I know how to handle large crowds. I am also a trial moderator on a small server in pre-release.
      Which two servers would you like to moderate? (Recommended pick the two servers you play the most)
      I will choose Survival and SkyGrid, because I feel as though those two servers are in need of moderators.
      However, I believe, if it is possible, that I could become a global moderator again. I (and most others) know I have what it takes to be one.

Thank you so much for reading my application! I hope to serve this server again in the future. :)

Support Count = 47

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    2. Ohmic

Ohmic Legendary Member

I support you Carolyn. <3
      Before anyone asks if this is a biased support. No, it's not. I truly know Pink. She does an excellent job at administering/moderating. Even though her time as a mod was short, she did her best.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    3. xen

xen Well-Known Member

ily

4. Vampiric

Vampiric Experienced Member

No support.

5. Ninja

Ninja Legendary Member

Everyone deserves a second chance.
      I support.

6. xen

xen Well-Known Member

Can I have some constructive criticism?

7. xen

xen Well-Known Member

Thank you so much!! <3

8. jarroy

jarroy Boss Member

I support you Pinkeh c:

I think you are an incredible girl who has a crazy amount of talent and lot of experience moderating, and that you would be fit for this position. I believe that you are willing to help this serve again, because I know you care about it and you want to help it.

I do believe you have what it takes to become a moderator here again. You have very good work ethic, you're always helping players, and you are amazing at your job. I know you take it very seriously.

I support you again c: and good luck ly c:

9. xen

xen Well-Known Member

ilysm <333

10. King_Boweman

King_Boweman Experienced Member

11. Vampiric

Vampiric Experienced Member

Well although you accept supports with no reason, but somehow fail to accept no supports, and respect that people have reason for it, here goes:
      - Yea, people deserve second chances, but really the paragraph to Cyp kinda shows you're desperate, it shows you're doing everything not because you want to help the community, but because you want Mod, it's unprofessional.
      - You aren't active, for somebody who is applying for "global" Mod, even though that isn't something you can apply for anymore, I don't see you on any gamemodes other than survival, to be a global mod, and I know you have been, it takes a lot more than that.
      - Not being active, means you aren't being helpful, somebody not helpful is not a good Moderator,
      Good luck, but no support, I would also add more detail in almost all of the sections of your application.

12. xen

xen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback.

13. elrak

elrak Legendary Member

Support.

14. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

Soooooooo much support <333

15. xen

xen Well-Known Member

Much love <3333

16. Van

Van Boss Member

Support.

17. Jpez93

Jpez93 Active Member

Support! :cat:

18. TheHiddenOne143

TheHiddenOne143 Experienced Member

Support, but I'll extra support it if you gimme a cookie

19. Tayarific_

Tayarific_ Experienced Member

Support. Luv you like a sister <3

20. PopIs_MyLife

PopIs_MyLife Legendary Member

Currently lobby banned. Also, you know very well what got you demoted, and I don't think Cyp is gonna go for such a thing again.

21. Myrla

Myrla Experienced Member

I dont know whether to support or not so im just gonna wish you some good luck ;)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.