x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • [USA] Mindsensation's Guard Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by mindsensation, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. mindsensation

mindsensation Experienced Member

Preface
      In precedent to the whole of this application, now is the time of which I would like to thank those of you who have encouraged the creation of this application. This wouldn't be here without you, and I highly appreciate it. Aside from that, I greatly encourage you to not let anything bias your decision of support; please only base your feedback off of my experience, this application, and your past experiences with me. I also request that you give your feedback in the form of constructive criticism; take care to actually read the application rather than blindly making a decision.

In-Game Name
      My in-game name is mindsensation.

Time Zone
      I am in the Pacific Time Zone (UTC-8).

Country
      I live in the United States of America.

Languages
      I speak English, and I also know some basic Spanish. If the situations ever occurs in which I need to communicate with someone of another language, I shall either refer to a translating site or another staff member who speaks the language for assistance.

Past Bans
      I have never been banned on Mineverse before, although I have been banned on skyblock.net and skyblock.org before for reasons of which I justified in my previous application.

Reasons for Applying

I am currently applying for a multitude of reasons. One of which being that, lately, I've been dedicating large chunks of time to playing Prison, getting to know the community, and doing my best to help out. In my short time here, I've made many new friends and have done my best do play an active role in the community, both on the forums and in-game. I've done my best to be professional and mature when it is necessary to do so, and I plan on continuing this if I ever join the staff team. I am thorough yet smart in my work, as shown through my multiple reports and past experiences moderating. I know what is expected of a Guard and can be relied upon to fulfill these expectations as shown below:

I am familiar with moderation:
      I am applying because I am familiar with moderating small servers as well as forum sites; I have this experience where most people don't. I can be trusted with commands, as well as any staff-only information. I have absolutely no intention of ever abusing my permissions in the case that I receive them, and if I do, you can expect me to graciously accept my demotion or expect to find a resignation/apology thread. In the case that I or another ever deems myself unfit for the task of moderating Prison, I will either resign or take a break for however long of a reasonable time I need to regain my senses. I know my limits, and especially why not to overstep them.

I know how to represent a server:
      I am applying because I know how to interact with those in the community. I am approachable; I will not be the Guard that someone fears a ban from, but rather the Guard that is their friend. I have a professional attitude regarding moderation, meaning I will remain unbiased and mature at all times when possible. As a guard, I will act as a role model, representing Prison through ensuring each and every rule is strictly enforced. I understand that as a Guard, I give up some rights of free speech, as through representing the server I am required to be professional and mature, as well as upholding any server policies that may come up.

I wish to make a unique change in Prison:
      I am applying specifically for the position of Prison Guard because I wish to make a change in the server, and because I believe I can be a unique addition to the team with my skill-set. I can be quite efficient when dedicated to something, and moderation especially is what I enjoy most and can dedicate a good chunk of time to without stressing out. I also fully comprehend all specific rules and contraband on Prison, and I will do my best to enforce them to the full extent if promoted. I'm loyal to the server and am willing to do whatever it takes to make Prison a better place for all, even if that means giving up my position.

I specifically fit the position of Guard:
      I fit the position of Prison Guard because I am willing to listen to others' opinions/views; I won't be dealing with one-sided appeals. I am a proficient typist, and I'm also considerably good at understanding someone's intentions, which is a useful skill to have in moderation. I am unbiased, and if another Guard/moderator believes I'm being biased, I will make an effort to reassess the situation. I am also a reliable person, and I can be counted on to be active. I'm organized, especially when it comes to ban logs, which helps with dealing with appeals, and I'm also prioritized towards the server. This means that I'll spend my time on prison focusing on the moderation on other players, rather, say, than just playing factions and abusing my permissions.

I genuinely care about Prison:
      Lastly, I am applying because I genuinely care for Prison's well-being and wish to help it flourish. As a Guard, I want to help make the server a better place for everyone through upholding the rules and enforcing them. I wish to take a more active part in Prison community by moderating the server, forums, and removing any potential threats to the server. In the past time that I've been here, I've grown to love Prison and its community, and I wish to express that with others through enforcing its rules.

I am not applying for the permissions, the popularity, nor any potential benefits, but rather the ability to help the server stay the great place it is.

Schedule of Activity
      Considering my recent admission into high school with honors courses, the divorce of my parents, and my time spent pursuing other interests, I can dedicate a fair amount of time to Mineverse. Here is my schedule:
      Monday: 6 P.M. (Occasionally 3 P.M.) - 10:30 P.M.
      Tuesday: 6 P.M. (Occasionally 3 P.M.) - 10:00 P.M.
      Wednesday: 6 P.M. (Occasionally 3 P.M.) - 10:30 P.M.
      Thursday: 6 P.M. (Occasionally 3 P.M.) - 10:00 P.M.
      Friday: 5 P.M. (Occasionally 2 P.M.) - 12:30 A.M.
      Saturday: 11:00 A.M. - 11:59 P.M.
      Sunday: 12:00 A.M. - 2 A.M., 3:00 P.M - 10:30 P.M.

Mineverse Experience

I am relatively new to Mineverse. While I've been here for more than 5 months, I only 6 weeks ago started actively participating in the server. Despite my newness, I am familiar with all server rules, as well as the unique ones on Prison. I have full knowledge of all contraband on Prison.

Moderating Experience

I was a moderator on skyblock.net for almost 4 months until I resigned on the 1st of September (2014). I was also a moderator on skywars.com for a couple of weeks, until I was demoted due to inactivity while I was vacationing with relatives. I was lastly a moderator on a server that a Mineverse moderator administrated on.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my application. I hope you now know enough to accurately give me feedback and constructive criticism that I may need if I am to become a guard.

This will be edited multiple times.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    2. Ohmic

Ohmic Legendary Member

Support :>

3. Grayson

Grayson Well-Known Member

Support.

4. canucksfan44

canucksfan44 Legendary Member

5. Terrick

Terrick Guest

No support die in a hole

6. rjnosidam

rjnosidam Guest

Support. Omfg. Get mod now. PLEASE.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    7. jadey64

jadey64 Well-Known Member

Support mate, :)

8. HotBritishNoodle

HotBritishNoodle Experienced Member

9. ThePLCookie

ThePLCookie Experienced Member

Support get Mod! #Mind4Mod

10. elrak

elrak Legendary Member

Didn't need to read it. Support.

11. VecterSigma

VecterSigma Experienced Member

AUTOMATIC SUPPORT

12. Puri~

Puri~ Experienced Member

No support. :t jk support bb Ily <3

13. pokemaniac01

pokemaniac01 Guest

14. PlatinumBlad3

PlatinumBlad3 Experienced Member

Support, I've liked everything I've seen of you on skyblock.net.

15. Spice

Spice Boss Member

support ur ghey

16. RachetSenpai

RachetSenpai Boss Member

Support. :3

17. Nerdobob

Nerdobob Active Member

Support

18. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

Support

19. djryan

djryan Legendary Member Premium

I wonder if you actually took the time to read his app or just un-supported Because hes a mod on skyblock :I

Support.

20. PlatinumBlad3

PlatinumBlad3 Experienced Member

Do you know anything about him? Or you just a hater? #MindForMod
      Also true.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.