x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • OCE [USA] AthleticPsycho's Moderator Application [Global]

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by alma, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. alma

alma Boss Member

Intro
      Hello my fellow Mineverse players and welcome to my moderator application. Most of you may know me as Alma or AthleticPsycho. I've decided to give moderator another chance after my previous issues with the server, I can tell all of you that I have matured a lot from when you probably saw me last year. Well I hope you all enjoy my application and please don't be afraid to tell me how you really feel, lets begin. :)

How old are you?
      I'm currently 13 years of age.
      Born April 26, 2002

Your in-game name:
      AthleticPsycho
      What timezone are you in?
      Australian Eastern Timezone (UTC)

What country do you live in?
      I live in Australia.
      What languages do you speak?
      I speak fluent English.
      Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
      Yes I do, I have a recording system called Fraps which is really good quality that starts recording as soon as I press F8. I also take screenshots using shift+F2. This will come in handy when needing to report hackers, spammers, advertisers etc.
      Why do you think you should become a mod?
      I want to become a moderator on Mineverse because I believe that the server needs a few more moderators that know how to correctly deal with forum and in-game issues. I am also an old member of the community who has watched it grow, I want to share the love I have for Mineverse and show the community I care about it. Even though I have had some ups and downs with the community I have had great friends supporting me all the way, because of these amazing people I have made new and exciting friendships, and I believe that I can bring a nice, kind and peaceful feeling to the community whilst moderating.

I am very familiar with most of the commands ( /ban, /tempban, /mute, /kick ) which will be very useful when I need to deal with hackers, spammers, advertisers etc. As most of you may know you need a recording system to be able to record necessary footage of hackers, I have a recording system which will allow me to record hackers and upload the footage.
      I have a few traits I would like to share, and they are:

Maturity
      The past few years I have spent on Mineverse I haven't been really mature. But since I went away last year I have come back to be more mature. Maturity is a very big thing you need whilst moderating, no one wants some immature moderator running around complaining and being rude to players. I believe I have the maturity Mineverse needs.
      Experience
      I haven't had much experience being a mineverse moderator, but I have had plenty of experience on other servers. I can assure you I am ready to moderate for Mineverse.
      Friendliness
      I am a very friendly, open minded person. One of my favorite things about Mineverse is the people I get to meet and grow with, I will keep my friendliness all through my moderator journey. I am also very open to helping people in need, and this is something I will never let go of. My friends on Mineverse are my inspiration, they always give me helpful advice and I want to be able to help others in the same way, I do now, but as a mod I can do this to a deeper level.
      Honesty
      As some of you may already know, I am never afraid to speak my mind, this could come in handy whilst moderating. I will always give my peers the right advice and never lie to them, if I believe something is wrong I will make it right and do it in the best way possible. On the other hand, if I see a problem that I can't handle or don't know how to fix, I will ask other moderators for help and not try to take it on by myself.
      Grammar
      My grammar is at an outstanding level, and not that any of you will care but I always top my English class. I wouldn't say I'm the best, but my grammar is at a level that will be useful towards moderating. Grammar is an important skill, and will be needed at all times when dealing with reports, threads etc.
      Time Management
      Let's be honest, not everyone is very organized when they apply for moderator, some make promises they can't keep. My time is very organized, I know when I'm going to be online and when I'm going to be offline. Usually on weekends I'm on all the time unless I'm going out with friends or family, same with the holidays. On weekdays when I have school I come on straight when I get home, play for a couple hours and then get off to do homework.
      Active
      I am practically on Mineverse everyday no question. I go on just about every server a day to check on it. The only time I'm not active on Mineverse is if I have to go somewhere. Other than that you could find me on there everyday or on the forums.
      Helpful
      My nature has always been very peaceful and helpful, whenever I see someone in need I just have to help them no matter what. Who doesn't like a helpful mod? I can guarantee that if I get mod I will always help the people of Mineverse at the best of my ability.
      Hard Worker
      As I have already stated a few times I am on Mineverse everyday (unless I need to go somewhere) helping, supporting, building and having fun with all the players, mod will be a big responsibility which I will have to fit in with the rest of the things I have to do everyday which includes studying, homework, chores, school and having fun with the players. I know I'm up for the task, I hope this text has proved im a hard worker that can definitely take on another task, I wont let any of you down.
      Caring
      I have always played Mineverse with an open heart, I love being there for other players and helping them in need as much as I possibly can. I don't know I think it's just something about me that just loves helping others and caring about how they feel. I believe I can do so much more as a moderator, but I will never loose my love for the servers and its players, I will always be there for them and care about them so much.

I will always be working hard as a moderator, keeping the community happy whilst helping out to the best of my ability. I do think I have what it takes to take on this responsibility.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      Sunday - 4-10 hours
      Monday - 2- 5 hours
      Tuesday - 2-5 hours
      Wednesday - 3-6 hours
      Thursday - 2-5 hours
      Friday - 2-5 hours
      Saturday - 4-10 hours

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      A little over 2 years. Joined April, 2013

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game]
      Yes I have.
      I'd like to give everyone a brief idea on why I have been banned in the past.

OP Factions - Duplicating.
      I got banned on OP factions for duplicating items at the start of last year. At the time I was doing this I didn't know that this was bannable because I was told it wasn't, but when I was told it was it was already to late too explain. I have definitely learnt from this mistake and I learnt that I should trust my own judgment.

Forums - Ban Evading
      I was banned on forums for evading my ban last year before I left. I understand I shouldn't of done this but it's done now, I can't take this back and I'm sorry for my actions.

Merks, I'd like to take this time to apologize for my past actions and I hope you can see that I have moved on, matured and definitely learnt from my mistakes.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      Yes I do.
      CosmicGalaxy
      CosmicGalaxy was an amazing server that I was Moderator on, it had roughly 20-60 players a day.
      BuildNCraft
      BuildNCraft is a very detailed server that I am Head-Mod on. It isn't too popular right now because they are still working on a few servers, but sometimes it gets up to 0-15 players a day.
      I do have a few more servers I have been staff on but they are long gone.

About Me
      Before I end my application I would like to tell you all a little about me :)
      - I am in grade 8
      - I love sport (especially running)
      - Very energetic
      - I love The Walking Dead <33

Conclusion
      Thank you so much to everyone who has been supporting me through the rough times I have had recently before I came back, and also thank you to everyone who has read my application! please don't be afraid to give me some constructive criticism, I'd like to know what everyone thinks of me and my application :) <3
      - Alma xoxo.

Supports: 58
      Neutrals: 3
      No Supports: 4
      Mod 1.png
      Mod 2.png
      Mod 3.png
      mod 4.png
      mod 5.png
      mod 6.png

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    2. thorraks

thorraks Guest

Support

3. alma

alma Boss Member

Thanks my friend! :) <3

4. Akn

Akn Experienced Member

I like the application and I have seen your behavior ingame. Support.

5. alma

alma Boss Member

Thank you! :) I appreciate your response.

6. Akn

Akn Experienced Member

You're very welcome.

7. elrak

elrak Legendary Member

I'll support because you're definitely more likeable than before. You seem more mature but I'd like you to re-write this part:
      You should talk about all of your bans and how you've learnt from them, that'd give players a good idea on how you've matured.
      I like how you're being real with the times you're going to be on, most players lie about how long they're going to be on and such.

Good luck.

8. alma

alma Boss Member

Thank you for your input! :) I will change that asap.

9. alma

alma Boss Member

Okay I fixed it, hopefully this gives everyone an inside view on my bans :)

10. SSMH

SSMH Legendary Member

Support. You're a nice player and active as well.

11. alma

alma Boss Member

Thank you so much, it means a lot! :)

12. Cxitlyn

Cxitlyn Experienced Member

Support!
      I do hope you get Moderator! This Application is really good :D
      Most Mod's right now aren't very active but you are always on!
      Good Luck! <3

13. Post Malone

Post Malone Experienced Member

Support, your active and helpful and would be a great moderator good luck Alma.

14. alma

alma Boss Member

Thank you! I appreciate it. <3

Thanks, you're such a great friend <3 thanks for supporting me when I really needed you! :)

15. BlackZone

BlackZone Boss Member

You fixed it.
      I support.

16. Cxitlyn

Cxitlyn Experienced Member

OMG I just finished my WHOLE moderator Application and it Disappeared :( I spent 2 hours on that D:

17. alma

alma Boss Member

Thank you! <3 :)

Aww that's got to suck! :( if you need anything pm me. :)

18. alma

alma Boss Member

Bump ^.^ Thank you everyone for your support so far! <3

19. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Neutral.

20. alma

alma Boss Member

Thank you for your opinion, do you have any feedback for me ? :)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.