x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Unofficial Survival 3.0 thread.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ares_Xena, May 1, 2016.

1. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

Greetings Mineverse community!

Survival has always been my favorite server. Well, up until a few months ago. The first Survival was fantastic until duplicating was introduced and it became an overpowered version of Survival. When the reset was privately announced (meheheh) I was exited. A fresh map, new players, new spawn designs and shop... basically what you'd expect from a reset.
      However, what I didn't see (and have ever seen) on Survival was an equal start. Soon(er than expected) I saw part of the old Survival return. And not the (semi) friendly community I once knew. And it hasn't changed a whole lot for months now. Almost every player, donor or not, has access to fully enchanted diamond armor.

Short summary of this Survival suggestion.
      • Quests.
      • Large spawn design (currently being designed).
      • Quest outposts.
      • Economy change.
      • Filter update.
      • Custom kits.
      • PvP Arena.
      • Newcomer area.

To continue this thread..

Survival server vanilla.
      Survival has lost its official title so we need to reclaim it. The vanilla server will have no kits that can be purchased using real-life and in-game cash. With the upcoming EULA * this will change survival in a vanilla styled direction. All players are granted simple kits. Nobody can benefit from their purchased rank on the vanilla Survival server. The kits * will include basic items that are listed on this thread. The vanilla server will also include basic claim options. We can't have players break a town or mansion. This plugin is currently being used on Survival. More about this plugin later in the thread.

Vanilla will not offer a server shop. Vanilla would lose its title this way. Instead it's going to offer player-based shops only and an auction house.

*EULA
      We all know Mineverse is blacklisted by Mojang. A lot of rumors are going around saying servers that are 1.8 or any version than 1.9.3 will not be harmed. Others say this is as true as Hillary Clinton's lie detector test and claim all server versions are going to be affected by the EULA. To help prevent Mineverse from being shut down the regular Survival server (non-vanilla) will offer in-game ranks that can be purchased using money. More about this later in the economy change topic.

The non-vanilla server.
      A lot of players (myself included) are still semi-okay with the current Survival server. Although a lot of things are going down-hill. The regular survival server will offer a server shop with limited items. It will have basic blocks and food. A small armory for tools and weapons and a farm area. Items that can lead to (considered) ''rare'' items will either be extremely expensive or not available at all.

Players have the option to purchase in-game ranks. More about this under the ''kits'' section.

Kits.
      The vanilla survival kits are all equal to each other. And go as following:

/kit food (cool down 15 minutes)
      • 10 apples.
      • 10 bread.

/kit starter (cool down 15 minutes)
      • Full leather armor.
      • Stone sword, axe, pickaxe and shovel.

The survival kits are purchased using in-game money. Despite of your $250 rank you will not receive a discount for purchasing any of these ranks. This rank system will provide players with server benefits. Every rank-up will provide them with a certain command or a kit.

Your rank will be publicly displayed.
      • [Rank] [Name]
      • [Rank] [$Rank] [Name]*
      *$Rank displays the rank that players purchased with real-life currency.

All kits aside from /kit starter and /kit food are under 24 hour cool down.

/kit starter
      • Full leather armor.
      • Stone sword, axe, pickaxe and shovel.

/kit food (cool down 15 minutes)
      • 10 apples.
      • 10 bread.

/kit peasant ($10,000) (light-grey color)
      • ability to use /kit food, /kit starter.
      • unbreaking I on leather armor.
      • 10 steak

/kit farmer ($30,000) (light green color)
      • chain armor protection I unbreaking I
      • stone sword, pickaxe, axe, and shovel unbreaking II
      • 10 pumpkins, melons, potatoes and carrots.
      • /ptime

/kit warrior ($55,000) (red)
      • Full iron armor.
      • Iron sword, pickaxe, axe and shovel.
      • Bow, 16 arrows.
      • 16 steak.
      • access to /warp pvp

/kit knight ($100,000) (light blue)
      • Full iron armor. Protection II unbreaking I
      • Iron sword, sharpness I unbreaking I. Iron pickaxe, axe, shovel. Effieciency I unbreaking II.
      • Bow, power I, 16 arrows.
      • 32 steak.

/kit Royalknight ($150,000) (a VISIBLE yellow) (displayed as [Royal Knight] unlike the kit name.
      • ability to use /kit food, kit starter.
      • Full diamond armor.
      • Diamond sword. Diamond pickaxe, axe, shovel.
      • Bow, power I, unbreaking II, 32 arrows.
      • 32 steak.

/kit Overlord ($250,000) (purple)
      • ability to use /kit food, kit starter.
      • Full diamond armor. Protection II unbreaking I.
      • Golden helmet. Protection IV, unbreaking III.*
      • Diamond sword, sharpness II, unbreaking III, looting II.
      • Bow, power II, unbreaking II, 64arrows.
      • 32 steak.
      • golden apple.
      * Gotta explain a little bit about this rank. It's a huge gap from Royal Knight to Overloard money-wise. It's to make the rank exclusive to dedicated players. Originally I meant to call it ''King''. The reason I changed this was because we have two different genders here. And I'm not gonna find a plugin or ask someone to create a plugin where Survival will be gender specific. So Overlord is my choice. Oh, and the golden helmet is a crown. Everyone loves a crown.

/kit bonus* ($1,000,000) (rainbow) (displayed as [Mineversian] [Name])
      • Access to all available kits.
      • Full diamond armor. Protection IV unbreaking III.
      • Diamond sword, sharpness V, unbreaking III, looting III.
      • Bow, power III, unbreaking III, flame 1, 64 arrows.
      • 64 steak.
      • 5 golden apples.
      *This rank is the ''Mineverse'' rank. It's a nearly impossible rank and nobody will reach this for the first few months. The items here are not so easy to obtain and if someone were to achieve this rank and well the items they would certainly be rare.

Economy.
      The current economy is annoying for a lot of players. Gave a player $500,000 because I simply didn't need it. The economy should be balanced where it won't be impossible for players to purchase these kits while having a stable price to sell items. Items that need to be addressed are diamonds, iron, emerald, gold, and all farming items. With /enchant removed from the game diamond armor will become rare and will most likely go for a very high price.

Newcomers area.
      New players are often confused on how Survival works, and have little understanding of the rules. A lot of new players have questions on PvP, and where it's enabled. How do I claim land? And a handful of other personal questions. Like, why can two cows make a baby? Okay maybe not that question. But you understand my point. And with these new features and commands even experienced players might wanna go through this area and learn about the new commands, changes and features.

All new players will spawn here. Communication to the Survival world will be disconnected to prevent advertisement. The design will be something of a long hallway with left and right turns to make it a cave. Along with cave villages and mining structures. The newcomers area will include information about:

• General server and survival rules, and punishments for each individual rule.
      • Tutorial on land claiming.
      • The new kit system.
      • Where PvP is enabled, information about the PvP arena.
      • Answers to 1.9 changes.
      • Tutorial on quests.

Warps.
      Players are often confused on simple things like ''how do I claim land?'' (<-- moderator applicants, expect this question a lot). The Survival warp list (not vanilla survival, but regular survival) would be:

• /warp pvp
      • /warp shop
      • /warp ranks
      • /warp faq

PvP arena.
      We currently have player-based PvP arenas. The official server PvP arena can only be accessed by players who have the Warrior rank or above. The rank is worth $55,000. So if a ''hacker'' or ''cheater'' has the intention to inflict survival with their client they'd first have to achieve the Warrior rank. This is a method to keep them out of the arena. Or players who just started (noobs) or ranks lower than Warrior.
      A fun feature for in the future would be to have multiple arenas. A gladiator styled arena, a tree-styled arena with a gap in it where players can fall to their death (inspired by Game of Thrones) and various styles. Other fun features might be rewards. For example 10 kills will earn you a certain amount of money or special item.

Quests.
      Quests are provided by friendly NPC's across the map. This includes the spawn and small outposts across the map. These quests can be repeated in a certain time period. The rewards would be money related. The quest difficulty reflects on the amount of money you earn.

Each quest has an individual story line. Different scenario's are setup to complete this storyline.
      This spoiler contains information about the location of these quests (including outposts) and the story for each quest.

Outposts.
      An outpost is a small settlement like a camp or village with special quests and discount shop prices.
      To prevent players from building on land because an outpost is in the way, there will only be a hand-few in locations not many people will consider to build in.
      • A small camp with one quest.
      • A small village with two quests. The people don't trust you. So you must earn it.
      • A bar with discounted potion prices.
      • Farm with windmill.
      The /enchant command allows a Titan player to enchant tools, armor and weaponary to the vanilla maximum level. Something you'd certainly expect with a $250,- rank. This command has brought mostly negativity to the economy and Survival server. It's cool to have maxed out gear. But when most Survival players have access to maximum enchanted gear the servers turns into OP-Survival. When Survival first started (over a year ago), owning a Sharpness 5 sword meant you were a boss. People would look up to you and fear you. Now it's just... ''eh, so do I''.
      To a player who isn't familiar with Survival you'd expect this type of gear to sell for a lot of money. On the contrariety. On some days it will sell for $400. And that's a full set.

Furthermore we have the /God command. Basically a Titan can enable the /God command and won't die under any circumstances. Like, seriously. Sometimes I'd afk in the void with /God enabled. It's also extremely annoying when this command is abused in PvP. A Titan can enable /God in the middle of a fight and regain their hearts back. A Survival server with /God isn't a proper Survival server. Immortality isn't survival.

Questions I expect to receive.
      Q. If players want to PvP they can go to KitPvP or OP PvP. So is this arena necessary?
      A. Survival is a server where players can be creative in their own build style without being limited to a certain platform. A server where they don't need to PvP within a certain terrain but can use the entire map of unclaimed land as their warzone. Where players can have fun and challenge each other without being a faction. My arena(s) has benefits over the official PvP servers. Players can choose for themselves whether they want to use an arena or a server.

(if I think of any questions or common questions I receive in the comments I'll put them here.)

This suggestion thread will be edited depending on criticism from the community or personal thoughts. To encourage the owners of this suggestion let's handle this suggestion differently from most suggestions. Anyone here in the comments can add their own suggestion for Survival 3.0 (whether it's vanilla or regular survival). If your suggestions makes it on this thread I will certainly credit you for it.[/spoiler]

List of plugins for developers and owners:
      Quest plugin: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/quests/

Screenshots of possible designs:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    2. Smiley

Smiley Legendary Member

Full support.

3. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

Support !!!

4. Alex

Alex sweet roll Premium

I'd love this and would play it so much. I also think /kit food would be a good addition. : )

5. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

Yeah ^^

6. Baby

Baby Well-Known Member

Support!

7. Calli

Calli Boss Member

Support. cx

8. Herf

Herf Boss Member

Support

9. Arabic Bear

Arabic Bear Well-Known Member

Support! Let's do this!!

10. ItsSniiper

ItsSniiper Boss Member

Support

11. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew Boss Member

12. Natureboy5

Natureboy5 Active Member

Complete Support!

That would be a wonderful idea Ares_Xena and i agree :D

13. seanrays

seanrays Well-Known Member

Support.

14. Diggy

Diggy Island Boy Premium

Support

15. Teeeb

16. Cuba4206

Cuba4206 Active Member

Support

17. amli

amli Boss Member

18. Lieutenant_Pr0

Lieutenant_Pr0 Active Member

19. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member

Support.

20. Teddy

Teddy Well-Known Member