x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • [UK] Soap's Moderator Application [Skywars]

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Soap, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Soap

Soap Active Member

Hello, before I get into this application I'd like to state that I do not believe adding color is going to help my mod application, because it is about the details, not the appearance. I will also disregard any comment about how I just joined forums, because I do not need to be on forums for a long amount of time in order to know how things work and know that I'd be capable to be a successful moderator. This staff team needs help.

How old are you? I am 17.

Your in-game name:
      My IGN is Soap.

What timezone are you in?
      Greenwich Mean Time (UTC + 00:00)

What country do you live in?
      I live in the United Kingdom.

What languages do you speak?
      I only speak English.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
      I believe that I should become moderator because I'd be able to get the job done. It's that simple. I can mute players that are breaking rules regarding chat, and I can ban players who are hacking or doing any other type of unacceptable behavior that does not follow MV's rules. Many staff members here are not active and spend much of their time goofing off, as opposed to managing their time wisely and getting things done. Every staff member should have the right time management skills to be able to have fun, and get the job done. I have that skill and I can contribute my free time to making this a more clean environment, more appropriate for all ages. You can't avoid the facts, and I'm giving it to you plain and simple what I am capable of.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      I can be on the actual server for 1-2 hours a day. I have a job, so that takes up a good portion of my time. I will be able to be active on the forums for hours a day.

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I've been on the server itself for over a year.

Have you ever been banned in the past?

No, I have never been banned.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      I've only been a moderator on smaller servers that are no longer running. However, I am close with people who have moderated even larger servers than this. My lack of experience on actual servers does not change what I'd be capable of and the knowledge that I have.

Which two servers would you like to moderate?
      I'd like to limit my choice to only Skywars.

Thanks for reading my moderator application. Any feedback is appreciated. Shoutout to @thorraks for supporting me throughout making this application.

2. Echoed_

Echoed_ Experienced Member

No support
      -You say you don't need to be on the forums a long time to have a better chance at moderator, but thats just wrong. Being on the forums better, you will understand the people, and the way things run here. Also, we can't tell what you are like on the forums.
      -You need much more detail, try adding traits, like "Friendly" and 'Mature'
      -Don't tag people in your mod app, as it can be taken the wrong way as advertising.

3. Soap

Soap Active Member

Thanks, Echoed. I respect your opinion, however I disagree with your reasons.
      This is the type of thing that every person puts in their moderator application. I do not feel the need to do the same. It should be evident, as I become more active on these forums, that I am mature and friendly. It's important to get the idea through that I can do my job, quickly and effectively. It's not necessary for me to be on the forums for a long time for me to make a moderator application, it would just be preferred. I am straight to the point, and my replies will be simple.
      Sorry, but you must not have read my last sentence. I was thanking him for supporting me with the application, not advertising. I do not see a problem with thanking my friend via tagging him at the end. It's not a random person I tagged to get more views. However, thanks for your feedback. Hopefully you'll be able to see things from my perspective.

4. Restinq

Restinq Active Member

Neutral.
      Good application though, your sentences are very fluent and could be something the admins should check out.
      Good luck mate!

5. Soap

Soap Active Member

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback.

6. Soap

Soap Active Member

Please lock this, @bananaman11223 .
      I'd like to focus on getting more involved in the community and perhaps open this back up on a later date. Thank you.

7. Bananurz

Bananurz Retired Head-Mod

Thread Locked on request.
      If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
      The Staff

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.