x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA Toad moderator application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Toad, Oct 8, 2020.

Tags:
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
      Hello!

I thought I'd start my application off with telling you a bit about me, so those of you who don't know me as well can understand the character behind the application. I know this isn't necessary, but I wanted to do this. My name is Sabrina (some get me confused with the other Sabrina my evil twin), I'm 15 years old, I live in USA with my family and am currently in 10th grade. My hobbies include Mineverse, mineverse, and strolling through reddit!! #MVFL (MineVerseForLife)

I started playing Mineverse in 2013. I joined the KitPvP server here and instantly fell in love with the community, and made many friends that I will never forget. I even thought of applying for moderator back then too, but realised I only ever played KitPvP, and they had recently implemented "global" moderators. I left MV in late 2016 to focus on 6th grade, and because the community was garbage.

In March of this year, the pandemic caused my school to shut down, meaning I had to continue playing MineVerse from home #MVFL. This left me with a lot of free time (and time to procrastinate work) so I thought I'd log into the forums and see what everyone was up to. It was here that I met some of my closest friends from the community today, who encouraged me to re-download Minecraft and hop back on the server. I am now an active player on pretty much just KitPvP ill log onto op and piss people off sometimes.

I know some of you may be wondering why I'm starting this application, especially after I have told quite a few people I wasn't going to apply. Well, after hearing more about the position & some kind words from dear friends, I decided to take the leap and apply. Even if I don't get the position, I will be able to learn from this whole experience.
      [​IMG]
      My IGN: TQAD
      Timezone: EST
      Languages: English and 2 years of spanish.
      Capturing Evidence: OBS & Gyazo (keybinds for instant capture)
      Activity: All day everyday baby!!!!!
      How long I have been playing: I have been on mineverse since early 2013.
      Past punishments: Sure I've had my ups and downs I've been perm banned before and ban evaded on like 4 accounts but I have matured GREATLY!
      Previous experience: Sadly, I have no past experience as a moderator on a Minecraft server, but everyone has to start somewhere. However, from being friends with a few moderators already on the staff team, I have already heard quite a lot about what goes into the daily life as a moderator, what expectations they have to uphold and tasks they have to complete. Of course, hearing about it is different to actually experiencing it, but hopefully this will be a learning experience for me. However, I do have experience with moderating discord servers, following rules & regulations & logging mutes and bans.
      [​IMG]
      50 Post Count: Yes
      2FA Enabled: Yes
      2 Weeks on Forums: Yes
      Skype & Discord: Discord. (skype will get me booted.)
      Discord Tag: Toad#8609
      [​IMG]
      I want to start off by naming some qualities and traits that moderators should possess, and why I fit this criteria.
      Approachable - Moderators should always uphold friendly and welcoming personalities, and not alienate themselves from the general player base. Players should feel as if they can talk to moderators about issues occurring in-game, or even just have general conversation with them. I like to think of myself as approachable, I show interest in players and how they are feeling, am active in chat and forums when there are conversations and discussions both on and off topic, and try my best to help any players that need it. Even a friendly hello can make someone's day, so I strive to be friendly and approachable to all.

Helpful - Moderators should always be helpful to players, answering any questions or queries no matter how "obvious" it may be to the moderator. New players need guidance and help to understand how the server works, and moderators should do their best to help them, without belittling or criticising their questions or concerns. I try my best to answer any questions written on the help section of forums, the #help channel on discord and written in-game to the best of my ability. If I don't know the answer to a question or concern raised by a player, I do my best to help them find the answer, by contacting a member of staff. If I am unable to help them myself, I make sure that they do get the help they need by bringing it forward, whether this means DMing staff, asking another online player, or checking the answer for myself if I am able to do so.

Team Player - I believe moderators should work well with others, supporting each-other when needed and helping other moderators with any issues they may have. Of course, moderators should talk to higher staff when having issues beyond their power, but they should also help out others on the staff team to moderate to the best of their abilities, and be an active member in the staff team. I like to think I get along well with most if not all of the staff team members, and would play my part as a member of the team to help and support others.

Hard-Working - I believe that moderators should put time and effort into what they do, as any mistakes could result in a false ban, giving someone the wrong answer when asking for help, or even a staff report made on them. Moderators should work hard to fulfil their tasks and duties, whether it's logging their bans or giving detailed responses to anyone who asks for help. I believe myself to be a very ambitious person, always putting effort in to achieve my goals and reach deadlines. Being in University means that nothing I do can be half-finished, I have to do everything to my full potential. I would love to build on this skill by being a moderator here.

Objective - I believe that moderators should not be swayed by personal opinion. They should not go out of their way to ban / warn / mute someone based on their own view on that player, as this is immature and does not show good moderator conduct. Instead, moderators should apply consequences to players based on factual evidence, and never let their emotions towards that player cloud their judgement. I believe I possess the quality to be impartial, I report players based on the evidence put before me instead of my feelings towards them. This is one of the most important traits a moderator can have.

Next, I want to explain why having me as a moderator will ultimately benefit the server.

Being from a EST timezone, I will be active when most other staff aren't online due to sleep schedules / prior commitments. This will ensure that there can always be at least one staff member online to help players and the community, so the server stays a safe place to play. I have noticed that during my peak hours of playing MV there has been a gap in the availability of the moderating team, so I would like to fix this. I know reporting on forums is an option to mute / warn / ban players who have broken rules during these times, but by then they have already been on the server a while, causing them to do more damage. Having a staff member to fill the gaps where mods can't be active will remove this issue.

As I am fluent in English. (first language English but have been learning Spanish since the age of 12 (I'm 14) I can act as a translator for any Spanish players who may not understand English. Now I know this is an English-speaking server but this skill could be beneficial on occasion.

I like to think that I have a terrible reputation, on forums, in game and on discord. I try my best to keep my language clean and I always respect the rules of the server. I strive to be friendly and kind at all times, and if people challenge me with toxicity I choose to ignore it, or even report the player if they are bypassing / being disrespectful. I understand there are players in the community that may not like me, but instead of being toxic or rude in return I choose to be the bigger person in the situation.

I am an active member of the community. This may not be of high importance to most people, but I vote sometimes, don't enter competitions.

I'm not perfect. Nobody's perfect (except me). But an important factor in my personality is that I am willing to admit this. We can all make mistakes, and moderators do too. Instead of getting annoyed when a report has "lack of evidence", instead I argue until they have to close the thread, and try to do better next time. This is extremely important, as it has to be known that everyone makes mistakes sometimes, and although we try our best not to, sometimes it happens, and I take it upon myself to learn from these instead of getting angry or annoyed. I can't please everyone, I know this. But I also know I will try my best to perform the best that I can.

Perhaps one of the most important things, I have a sense of humour. I can take a joke. This is still a block game, not everything should be taken seriously. However, there are some situations that have to be handled maturely, and I know when to be serious and trust me, I mean serious!!!

Why I stand out from other applicants

I just want to make it clear that I am in no way degrading other applicants, some of them I know very well and am close friends with. I just want to show how I can stand out from the crowd.

I am well-known and active in the community. I am active every day, both online and on forums, and play an active role in interacting with other members of the community. I ensure that I am friendly and approachable at all times, and try my best to be as engaged as possible in the MV community.

I'm not afraid to admit my weaknesses. I always want to be honest and truthful, and so I have reflected this in my application. No, I don't have any past experience, but I am willing to learn what it takes to be a moderator, and will put my full effort into that.
      [​IMG]
      Before you judge my application, please consider:
      • Have you seen me online on forums, discord and in game, & reporting players?
      • Do you think I am mature enough for this position?
      • Don't let your feelings towards me, good or bad, cloud your judgement for how suitable I am for the position.
      • Although experience is important, everyone has to start somewhere, and what I don't know already I could learn on the job through mentoring & training.
      • Have you read the whole application?
      Thank you for taking the time to read my application. Please write any feedback or questions you have for me below, and I will answer anything else needed for you to make your decision.
      [​IMG]
      Any FAQ will be answered here, for people to easily see & so I don't have to repeat myself. If you have any questions, please leave them in a reply!
      Didn't you say you weren't going to apply for moderator?
      Yes. I thought my lack of experience would put me a step behind other applicants, but after talking to some dear friends I have decided to try my best and apply anyway.
      Why did you apply now? Why not sooner/later?
      For the past few months I have been debating whether to open an application. It wasn't until now that I gathered up the courage to put myself out there and open this thread. There's no time like the present!

P.S. I'm very supportive of the LGBTQ++ community!

If you have any questions feel free to ask!
      Be sure to read my entire application before replying PLEASE!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2020
    2. Egg

Egg Established Member

I support this !

He didnt

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2020
    3. Acceptation

Acceptation ❤️ Premium

Thread locked for failure to adhere to forum rules and responsibilities.
      If you disagree with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
      The Staff

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.