x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • This one is for the mods.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by SnakeVenomPvP, Jan 11, 2016.

1. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

#ModsArePeopleToo

Much love for this thread. Thanks for helpin' the serv, moderators <3

2. SnakeVenomPvP

SnakeVenomPvP Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
    3. Sound

Sound Experienced Member

What is the point of double posting and constantly posting on here if all your gonna say is thank you. Lol, it's not your job to, sure you may have created the thread but the only ones that should be saying thank you are the moderators (surprisingly one has only said thank you).

Also, what is the point of this thread people don't change easily a mere thread like this won't help and frankly most moderators shouldn't care because that is what you sign up for when you become Mod if Mods can't handle it resign there are tons of other players happily willing to replace them.

And this white message here is to test you
      mods delete the double post if you don't this
      is how I can tell you Moderators have
      become just bad now.

4. Krissy

Krissy Boss Member

I dont know if I should laugh or be serious about some of the responses.

The only thing I can say is mod or not, dont be rude to anyone. No one deserves to be treated badly or abused, no matter how they act or if they are the perpetrators of the abuse. But of course people will always be jerks and others will be respectful and its just the way this community is. So mods can grow a thick skin and learn to deal with things properly, and players hopefully can treat everyone properly.
      Probably a little too much to ask huh :P

5. funmaker

funmaker Experienced Member

In some cases that's too much to ask, especially when the bad staff members(Individuals, not the staff team as a majority or whole) are still being kept and allowed to keep being bad.

6. Bananurz

Bananurz Retired Head-Mod

That is the issue. Others have the same view.

I don't get payed for my head moderator position. I and many others volunteer to help Mineverse. The toxicity we get from some people here is just ridiculous. This is not a payed job, I do this because I enjoy it. Moderators have left in the past from the abuse. Hey, I was at one point but luckily Cyp was on my side. I am glad I didn't, look at me now. Honestly, no one deserves the hate. It is part of the reason some players look down on the server. Mods screw up, there are head moderators for a reason. "Cover ups", please.

7. funmaker

No offense but I don't really get where you're coming from. Yes I do believe that everyone deserves respect, at least as much as the next guy, but if people constantly show that they're really not trustworthy, and they're really just disrespectful, and still use their rank to demand respect, I find that what's ridiculous. I understand it's a volunteer position and you sign up to help the community and moderate it, not fuel flame wars in it, but a lot of arguments I see are because of issues with staff that they always address with these generic, robotic responses when they're trying to say staff aren't robots, I mean it's kind of ironic, and I find that staff might get a lot better of a response if they were more open about things.

8. Bananurz

Bananurz Retired Head-Mod

You are contradicting yourself. If a guy deserves the same respect as the next, that includes mods. Whatever the mistake, no one deserves to be publicly hated on. It is not tolerated. Some people will hate say one mod but take it out on the whole time. No player knows the real ability of this team. You won't until you are a staff.

There are reasons to be open and others not. Do comments ripping on us really warrant an open sided person? There is a reason there has been this barrier between players and staff. We are so against staff abuse, disrespect, and whatnot. People still continue it. If there is a real issue, a staff report section is there as well as a messaging system.

9. Sound

Sound Experienced Member

This thread is not getting anywhere it's mainly just causing fights I will respectfully ask @SnakeVenomPvP to ask a Mod to close this.

10. funmaker

I'm not really sure why you're being hostile towards me, I'm not saying player disrespect or staff disrespect in any way is okay, I'm simply saying that out of your staff team there might not always be great staff members, and that some players in particular like to disrespect the staff members that give them that same disrespect. I'm not contradicting myself, because I'm not saying anyone deserves less respect than another, but you get what you give, and if some moderators(Once again, far from all) decide to disrespect the community and are not punished for it, they get what they give.

P.S I get your point of view, but not all people like to think that way, and although unfortunately not everyone is as respectful as they ought to be, it's not just a one way mirror :P, hope you can see that I don't mean any disrespect, just giving my opinions.

11. Kyaaaal

Kyaaaal Legendary Member

You keep brining up the point that you guys disrespect moderators because they disrespect you? Yet, you have nothing to back this up, I'm assuming anyway as no mod has been punished for disrespecting members of the server. You do realise a mod cannot be punished if there is no proof that they have done anything wrong? Why not report these members of staff? Most likely because you are just saying stuff in attempt to prove a point as to why some mods just get randomly hated on.

12. KingAlex

KingAlex Well-Known Member

The memories.
      Preach man.

13. funmaker

I'm not disrespecting moderators? Nor am I making excuses for the way I've acted towards them in the past, I'm just saying for some players it's a matter of feeling like you're powerless and wanting to take it out on someone, and seeing as what started it would be the staff member disrespecting the community/abusing, I just assume one reason to do the same back might be because it makes them feel better about the situation.

14. Kyaaaal

Kyaaaal Legendary Member

I've personally experienced the amount of hate mods get back when I moderated here. It comes with the tag, not the way you act. Any mod will tell you that. Although, I don't disagree on the point made about mods having more power, so the community hate on them for that reason alone. I'm not 100% where the hate comes from, as I've never been in the position yo constantly hate on them. It's an online game, what is the need?

15. funmaker

I get where people are coming from in the terms of staff getting generally disrespected, although I've never moderated here I've moderated a few fairly popular servers and I get that people throw around disrespect a lot. One thing I feel that happens though is that moderators and really just people in general tend to say as a defense to disrespect(even though said disrespect shouldn't happen in the first place) that they're not robots, that they're humans and volunteers, etc. but when the time comes to it they have no actual problem with abusing and flaunting their power to make it harder for people, and I feel like staff could get away with a lot of things, like certain ones have back when I originally played. tl:dr I really don't think disrespect to anyone is good, I don't get why it's needed, but I just know that in some situations people feel it's a better answer than doing nothing, no disrespect.

16. Syndicade

Syndicade Boss Member

There is no need. People are just bigots, and think the Mods are apart of some evil conspiracy simply because they have the staff rank alone.
      Although for some reason, the hate seems to be worse on Mineverse than any other community I've visited.

17. SnakeVenomPvP

SnakeVenomPvP Well-Known Member

I will kindly agree with this just whatever mod sees this can you remove it once it reaches 500 views. I just want it to get as many views as possible.

18. Sound

Sound Experienced Member

Lol you were a bad mod though that's the thing...

19. KingAlex

KingAlex Well-Known Member

Duck you. Eat some salt.

20. Kyaaaal

Kyaaaal Legendary Member

Mods whom have been caught abusing their power, are simply demoted. That is a fact, it isn't tolerated, I know that fairly well. And honestly, I don't want to see an abusive mod, ever. If I personally see a mod abusing his or her powers, I will report them, no questions asked. It isn't on. I don't play here for an abusing member of staff to do as they please to the community. Luckily, the staff team here is actually good, you just don't see much of what they actually can do.
      I can't even deny that fact, the community on Mineverse is extremely toxic. When I was mod, we got a request to check out OP Factions, as this user felt it needed moderation, so, we did. Straight away, people were being warned, muted and banned. Not hackers being banned, people being banned for disrespecting others.