x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • ****The Lack of Mineverse Staff****

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Syndicade, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Bantz

Bantz Boss Member

tbh I see other servers doing so well because the admin isn't only the co-owner? I get it, it's hard to trust people but seriously? skyblock.net has more staff than us and they get 500 people average on. Most of the time on teamspeak I see .net mods on.

2. Bantz

Bantz Boss Member

dang I remember the 3k days we barely hit 1k now :(

3. zStrafe

zStrafe Experienced Member

I still strongly disagree with the "Trainee" rank. We already have a lot of people on the staff team. I know the excuse of "IRL" stuff has been said ALOT, but some of it is actually true. I think anyone would put life over minecraft. Yes, this excuse again has been USED a lot, but they're not on 24/7. I still support the other things excluding the "Trainee" rank. I don't really thing mineverse is that type of server to have it. Its a pretty straight forward server. Please, don't bother replying in a huge paragraph as your just wasting your own time and I wouldn't like that, as I said I do support everything else except the "Trainee" rank as it's just my upmost opinion.

4. KittyKoz

KittyKoz Experienced Member

Support. I hardly ever see a mod on the servers I play, and people are advertising, hacking, calling people disrespectful names etc. There is a nice amount of staff, but the activity is poor. This thread makes a lot of sense.

5. hannah

hannah Boss Member

I support all the way!

6. Syndicade

Syndicade Boss Member

An opinion of which I respect :)

However, I'm not too sure if MV being a "straight forward server" is a good enough of an excuse to exclude needed changes. The Trainee rank has mostly received support so far. This server is suffering because the owners are mostly running MV themselves, with occasional aid from the staff team. There are no admins, only one dev, and just one staff rank.. "Mod." Because of this, the community overall suffers. End of story really.
      I understand you alongside a couple others may not like to adjust to the new changes of adding more staff ranks. But the addition of more ranks would tremendously boost the effectiveness and size of the staff team.

Anyways, I thank you for the support :D I made this thread so that staff and players alike can come together to resolve a common problem. What makes us all human is that we all have our own opinions and thoughts.

- S

7. Syndicade

Syndicade Boss Member

I thank you guys for the support! It means a lot :D

8. l0wkey

l0wkey Well-Known Member

9. nick ok

nick ok Well-Known Member

We should also be reporting people. It's not only the mod's jobs to find out who is doing bad things. We can't just put all this work on the mods. We also have to report people.

10. Zulfqar

Zulfqar Well-Known Member

They were picked to mostly handle the job by themselves by catching rule breakers in-game, we report to give them a little help.

11. Syndicade

Syndicade Boss Member

If you read my thread to its full extent, I already addressed this.

12. TADS

TADS Guest

In-case you have not seen, these are some ranks and additions that others (players and mods) would like to have:
      • Forum Moderators
        • People who can deal with forums related issues. Such as forum reports.
      • Two forum admins; one from Australia and one from USA (overlapping time zones)
        • This would be able to do the things such as name changes, unbanning of perm banned, birthdate changes.
      • Staff Manager
        • This position would be incharge of all staff. Promotions/demotions.
      • Support Team
        • This/these people would be in charge of anything wrong happening in the shop. They would have access to the support email.
      • Developers
        • We need one or two more dev's that are able to workon fixing and producing game modes that will work.
      • Beta-team
        • These people will test any game mode before they are released to the public to find any glitches or dupes.
      • Admins
        • We need one to two more admins. Cypriot isn't a bad one, we just need more.
      • Head-mods
        • We need three head mods to cover more time zones.Making sure their jobs are done properly.
      • Jr. Builders
        • These people would help on the build team, but wouldnot get payed for it.
      • Jr. Mods
        • These people are mods, just ones who just got it. They will have every command but /ban
      • Sr. Mods
        • This will be for people who have been on the staff teamfor over a year, or have shown great dedication towards the server.

13. 5DollarBillMC2

5DollarBillMC2 Active Member

does no one realize that people have lots of non-minecraft stuff to do...

14. Syndicade

Syndicade Boss Member

I've already addressed this fully.

15. Zulfqar

Zulfqar Well-Known Member

Then why are they staff, loads of people who are fully dedicated to the team and replace them...

16. TADS

TADS Guest

But that's their excuse every time. They signed up for the job, stating that they would be active, and now they're not.

17. PiLe

PiLe Retired Admin Premium

I've kept to my promises in my application.
      Please don't throw the word "they" around. It hits me right in the feels. :(

18. Mega II

Mega II Active Member

19. TADS

TADS Guest

I'm using they because when I use names, they get offended. Pile, you do your job perfectly; I wouldn't worry if I were you.

20. Subbiee

Subbiee Legacy Member Premium

Look I understand that Moderators are not on server to Moderate
      But like you have said and stated, It is hard to cover all the server and yes we need more Moderators
      but there are problems with that not everyone meets the requirements to be a true Moderator.

If people were more I don't know, detailed in Application maybe there is a chance someone may get Moderator.
      Yes it is also Cryptic's job to evaluate the requesting recipient to see if they can be trusted.

I do support this thread I really do support but making a thread on the "Lack" of Moderators isn't going to make the process faster in my opinion, If Cryptic rushes he's job on accepting people who are not really well suited for the role then we are going to have Moderators yes, But do you really think a lot of people who request Moderator and get it are going to be Moderating the Server and Forum?? I'm not trying to be mean with everyone here but some just want to have the role to show off to there friends and threaten people.

Now next we have the lack of Moderators doing there job, Now this is were the problem comes in to play, You have stated that Moderators have a life away from Mineverse and I also understand that if they don't come on for a certain amount time they get downgraded from Moderator I totally agree.

All I'm saying is that you have made a thread on Lack of Moderators and really isn't going to speed up Cryptic's process of accepting people as Moderator?

I am going to agree not all Moderators are active on Mineverse but before shots are fired I will list the Moderators that are here a lot of the time and don't need to worry

@Alex
      @Pile_of_Butts
      @Janice999
      @MaxNinja10
      (There is more name's but these are the people I see the most)

-MrBigDaddy146