x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • [email protected]

Discussion in 'Rant Archive' started by Chain, May 19, 2016.

1. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

On countless help threads, I've noticed a trend. Someone poses a question or needs some help and yes, they usually get an answer. What looks ridiculous though is the amount of people who comment afterwards saying the exact same thing as if it helps the person who needs help. Guess what buddy? They've got the answer they need already so what makes you think they can read your post but not the one above it? Example :

Creator of thread : "guys I lost my rank on mv"

Player 1 : "contact [email protected] with proof of your rank"

Player 2 : "awh sorry to hear that dude but I'm sure if you contact cyp at [email protected] with evidence of your purchase than he can restore it!"

Player 3 : "email [email protected]"

And what we get is a lot of variations of saying the same thing. Why? Because people want to get the extra message on their total post count that's why. It's pretty obvious.

Recently I've pointed it out on two help threads by quoting everyone saying the same thing over and over; however, just a few minutes ago one of my messages was deleted saying :

"
      Alerts
      1. I need help from staff or the owner was deleted. Reason: Going around and deleting posts like this on help threads (;[/paste:font]
      "
      Why? You should really be deleting the post spammers' posts that shower the help threads with the same advice as the previous comment.

I don't know which staff member is doing this and I don't care. This isn't a staff hate thread it's just something I'm pointing out.

• Like Like x 1
    2. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

I completely, and 100% agree with this. I've always considered repeating things like this post farming.

This was me. What I meant, is I AM deleting those posts. It's post farming, imo.

I will be deleting posts from here on out that are obviously post farming like that. Especially ones repeating the famous "Email [email protected]" quote. Once it's been said, you do not need to say it again.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Oh lmao thank you. I misunderstood you as deleting posts like mine.

4. Enthusiastic

Enthusiastic Experienced Member

It's clear post farming, surely?

If one person has replied with the answer and someone replies with the exact same answer, what is the need? There is no need, that's the point.

I support these to be officially classed as post farming/message farming.

5. Surge

Surge Boss Member

Yeah it's post farming i normally ask the player if the problem has resolved then if he responds with a no i will give another suggestion.

6. elrak

elrak Legendary Member

I've reported these posts that many times, they really hit my nerves. Thanks for bringing this up.

7. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

Sometimes I actually end up on the bottom of a thread, hence why you may see me repeating what someone has already said. Other than that, I find this extremely excruciating and sometimes I feel sorry for the person who has to look at their help thread, only to see the same thing being said over and over again..

I also ask questions before asking to email support, as it might be something I can help with.

8. Torch

Torch Builder Builder

It would be nice if they worked...