x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Survival Stack Placed Spawners (Like Skyblock GM)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nymph, Sep 17, 2023.

?

Copy SB's spawner stacking method?

1. Seems so much easier!

2. No thanks.

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. nymph

nymph Established Member

Over the past 6 months, constant lag spikes caused by too many mob farms from AFK.
      The massive number of mobs overloaded the servers, leading to downtime and other issues. Admins tried addressing this by removing some spawners from problematic farms.
      (possibly mine, whos pointing fingers tho)
      Skyblock found a solution by allowing players to stack multiple spawners together - for example, combining 14 pig spawners into one spawner and labeling it "14x pig spawners". This merger spawned the same number of mobs from a smaller footprint, improving server performance. To alleviate survival mode's mob lag, I suggest implementing Skyblock's effective spawner stacking mechanic. Doing so would let players make more efficient, compact farms, benefitting both players and admins.

Thoughts? Better/other suggestions? Lmk.

• Support Support x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Disagree Disagree x 1
    2. inh

inh Discord Moderator Discord Moderator

interesting idea/suggestion. Didn't see this in action on SB, so unclear how it works exactly (or the compared performance boost from what it was)?

If disassembly is needed, will silktouch break/save one spawner at a time out of the combine group?

but yes, lately the lag is noticeable, as to the cause, haven't been able to really identify what it might be exactly, since the lag is occurring when I'm the only one on (and not near any farms what so ever), idk

3. nymph

nymph Established Member

How have you not seen the stacked spawners!? :cautious:

4. Olieee

Olieee Established Member Premium

Support, you could stack spawners in old survival, but idk why they removed it in new survival. maybe there is a reason why they removed it? :thinking:

5. Dustyf@ll

Dustyf@ll Honorary Supporter Premium

support!

6. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

were there stacked spawners in 1.15 survival? i would assume it's not a thing on this version because of it interfering with quests... but if the spawners are causing lag we should probably do this

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. boba

boba Retired Administrator Discord Leader Premium

The issue that was previously occurring was not due to spawners, rather due to an issue on our DDoS protection provider's end. It has been fixed, however spawners have always been a skeptical thing for me because it can and has lowered TPS before. Rather than stacking spawners which if we enable can lead to some issues in the existing design of some farms, it is best that mob stacking is enabled. This is an existing feature on Skyblock and it will alleviate a lot of lag generated by entities (mobs).

Because not all farms use spawners, take for instance iron golem farms. Mob stacking will be much more resourceful than spawner stacking in my opinion. If we enable spawner stacking or add a plug-in that does, it will clump up right away and may lead to some issues for players, something we do not want to entertain.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. nymph

nymph Established Member

I definitely think adding this feature would be great *mob stacking* !!
      I doubt that would be effecting any current farms. It might even possibly help them.

9. inh

inh Discord Moderator Discord Moderator

The issue with mob stacking as experienced on Skyblock, it makes it difficulty to work with an individual. Think a pen of sheep, all the same color, combined. Attempting to shear the combine sheeps fails!?!

Froglight farm works on individual frogs consuming Magma cubes. Once the frogs are combined, the farm is a fail!?!

In such a case, I would not support mob combining

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. boba

boba Retired Administrator Discord Leader Premium

In scenarios as such, you can rename the individual sheep so they do not stack. We could also try to design a way where shearing a stacked amount of sheeps will give you the same amount of wool as you would get if you wear to shear multiple sheeps. I feel like that would add to QoL and be better for the server.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Disagree Disagree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1