x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Scentiful's Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Scentiful, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Scentiful

Scentiful Active Member

How old are you?
      Your in-game name:

Sazoratelon (Soon to be Scentiful)
      What timezone are you in?
      Pacific Time
      What country do you live in?
      US
      What languages do you speak?
      English
      Why do you think you should become a mod?
      My name is Tyler, and i am 16 years old and i think i can handle this staff position because i am very mature, Ethical, and Respectful, I know my responsibility's as being a staff on your server, I do you-tube as well, I make Banners, I am very kind to all people, If they say some mean things I will just ignore them, Untill they are done, But if it gets out of hand I will mute for about 5-10 minutes depending on how bad the situation is on the subject, But anyways, I am not staff on a lot of servers only 1 as a Helper, I do not hop to every server asking for staff, This is just a great server and i love kitpvp, And i love to make people feel better, I am active online, And with the forums, If you have forum ranks then yes, I am most definitely active.
      I can bring some amazing rules as in
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      Spamming: Sending too many and/or repeating the same message in chat in a short period of time.
      Caps: Sending messages with an excessive amount of capital letters.
      General Rudeness: Being intentionally rude to other players or staff using derogatory words/phrases.
      Hackusation: Accusing another player in chat of hacking.
      Chat Trolling: Saying things in chat that are misleading to players and/or are intended to cause confusion.
      Mini-Modding: Non-staff players trying to enforce the rules on players. Only applies when staff are online.
      Protesting: Arguing with players in chat constantly or attempting to argue any sort of punishment that a staff member has made.
      Advertising: Sending a link in chat which directs players to non-gotpvp related content.
      Bypassing Chat Filter: Purposely trying to send a message in chat which is a blocked word/phrase.
      Ghosting (UHC): Giving away information the alive players may not know when being a spectator. This include ore locations, armor, player locations, ect.
      Any form of Discrimination: e.g. Racism/Sexism/Religious or Homophobic remarks

Forum Rules:
      -------------------------------------
      No advertising
      No light advertising (Saying the name of a server)
      Do not make an Racist/Sexist/Religious/Homophobic remarks
      No advertising Youtube Links with No GotPVP Content
      No cursing/swearing/disrespecting players.
      Do not try to moderate the forums, leave it to the staff.
      No asking for likes (or potatoes) in your post. This includes creating threads so everyone gets a like (or potato).
      No double-posting
      No spamming/flooding the page with a single post
      No necro-posting (posting on threads which haven't been commented on in over a week)
      No excessive bumping (more than once per thread).
      No post boosting (posting irrelevant content or repeating information previously stated in the thread)
      No posting on nuisance threads such as spambots' threads. (No warning points will be given, but it is unnecessary)
      No micro-posting (making 1 word posts/posts with no text simply photos/gifs or stating you are not micro posting)

My rules i go by,
      All may not apply.
      (I did not make some of these rules)

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      I can be active all day, I am out of school as of now, I only do half days so more then 6-10 hours a day
      How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I haven't started yet, I met you on Unipire's Server, But i can get my time made up.
      Have you ever been banned in the past?
      No I have not.
      Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      I was a SR Mod on Mineplex for about 4 months untill i got deranked for somebody else because apparently i heard he "Paid"
      Which two servers would you like to moderate? (Recommended pick the two servers you play the most) KitPvP, Factions

2. Diggy

Diggy Island Boy Premium

No support yet.
      Be more active on the forums, you joined them today and this is your first thread.
      Nice application thought so
      No support.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    3. Diggy

Diggy Island Boy Premium

Also you haven't join the server yet? And what do you mean I met you on <server>

4. melgrath

melgrath Experienced Member

Good day,

I wanted to pass along some feedback for you on your application.

I would first, encourage rereading your application. There are a number of spelling and grammar errors that hurt the application. You should also take a look for run on sentences as there are a number of commas, but no periods (full stops). I also noticed quite a few instances of "i" instead of "I." While minor, these things can detract from the professionalism of the document. You may consider copying your application into a program such as Microsoft Word to do a spelling and grammar check. I believe if you do this, it should help clean up most of the grammar mistakes.

Aside from that, the base level of content looks good. I would definitely encourage expanding on the various sections, specifically the "Why do you think you should be a moderator?" and "Do you have any past moderator experience?"

In the above two sections, it may be beneficial to cover some traits or life experiences that would help prove to the community that you are ready and able to fulfill this position. Unfortunately the current application process can rely heavily on players who may never have interacted with you, so you need to do your best to convince them with a professional and thoughtful application.

As to the Moderator experiences, perhaps some details on tough situations you found yourself placed in, and the ways you resolved them. Perhaps explain how you have changed over the course of your time as a staff member and any self-improvement you may have made showing maturation over time.

Don't be afraid to use bold,underline, or italics in order to denote separate sections. Sometimes those simple visual queues are more meaningful than a change of color. The green you have chosen for the bulk of your text, I must admit is a tad hard on the eyes. While still readable, it is harder to read than some other color choices..

A snippet from another application, looked something like this.

How old are you?
      • <age>
      Your in-game name:
      • <name>
      What timezone are you in?
      • <timezone>
      Not saying you need to take formatting from another application or anything, each person's should be unique, but sometimes defining those sections easily visually can make a huge difference.

I know there are quite a few things listed above, but hopefully you found the information helpful and I look forward to your updates.

Cheers,
      Melgrath

5. Watermelonone

Watermelonone Well-Known Member

It says on you're profile that u are 46? And then say u are 16 in this? No support

6. Scentiful

Scentiful Active Member

This is for Cypriot he works with me on another server trying to help us out.

7. Scentiful

Scentiful Active Member

I don't put my real age on my profile sorry.

8. Creed

Creed Experienced Member

Nope.

9. Valor

Valor Well-Known Member

Please don't lie. No support.

10. Chibi

Chibi Boss Member

You should be a lot more active on the forums
      No support, sorry

11. Mineterria

Mineterria Boss Member

You don't even go to mineverse anyway, so why apply?

12. onesquad

onesquad i am your dad Premium

13. Realizinq

Realizinq Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    14. HotBritishNoodle

HotBritishNoodle Experienced Member

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.