x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Scammers

Discussion in 'Rant Archive' started by iReALiiiTy, Jan 2, 2016.

?

Do you think there should be a bigger punishment for scammers?

1. Yes, they're getting way out of hand!

23 vote(s)
      71.9%
    2. No, I'm the 0.0000001% of the players who just wanted to select this option.

9 vote(s)
      28.1%
    1. iReALiiiTy

iReALiiiTy Experienced Member

Okay, I have absolutely had it with scammers on this server.

Hello, it's me, iReALiiiTy.
      I am sick of always having to record people, and take numerous screenshots of trades because some people are not trustworthy or are to immature to take things seriously.
      People aren't even afraid of being banned anymore! They continue to scam anyways.
      Like today for instance. It was like any regular day on skyblock, and then a [God], MrPvper, claims to be "quitting" and says that everyone must pay $1000 to enter a raffle to win his account. Considering he had a forum post about his departure, we believed him. In the end he gave his account to his own ALT. Nice right? Oh and then he raged which was the cherry on top. Anyways this isn't just about him. People who scam need a severe punishment so others don't try to follow in their footsteps. There's literally no one to ever tell about these situations because, believe it or not (notice my sarcasm) there is never any mods on. Shock right? No I am not insulting Mineverse. If I didn't like the server I wouldn't be playing on it. However, something needs to change.
      #LockThemScammersUp2016

2. StrKillr

StrKillr Boss Member

Classic @fweft

Also wrong section (rant).

• Like Like x 3
    3. Naga

Naga Experienced Member

Your name seems like a 10 yo on Xbox Live. No offense, had to throw it out.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Fweft

Fweft Well-Known Member

Lol screw you.
      It is true though

5. Fweft

Fweft Well-Known Member

Lol I wonder who MrPvper is...

6. kinsey_kid

kinsey_kid Developer Developer Premium

I know what you mean but hopefully after a 30 day ban they have quit the server

7. Fweft

Fweft Well-Known Member

Lol I am MrPvper, and floflorian123 is a friend irl

8. Silence

Silence Experienced Member

Technically you couldn't ban MrPVPer because he could have actually done a legit raffle and drawn his own name out. It wouldn't really be his fault if that happened. I admit it was very sneaky of him, but not really scamming.

9. Fweft

Fweft Well-Known Member

OMG MY IRL FRIEND WON FOR REAL

10. iReALiiiTy

Keep it lowkey ;)
      I'm not 10 though lmao

11. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

I dislike this thread. Although scammers are kind of pathetic, this problem is not beatable.
      There will always be scammers, and we can't perm ban every single scammer, as 30-40% of Mineverse's community would unfortunately be gone. Maybe.
      Also, I know how enraging getting scammed is, but what should we actually do? Also, do you have proof that MrPvper gave his account to an alt? Also, it's not entirely a safe thing to do, give away $1000 in-game to some random person.
      I could make a thread saying i'm an Alien, would that mean I'm an Alien?

12. Statikk_Shiv

Statikk_Shiv Experienced Member

I agree...
      However there is a great way to decrease the chances of being scammed. I always just msg the person who I'm trading with to go first. When they don't want to I always just say "You first or no deal." If they are legit they will almost always go first. I've had amazing results by doing this. It's also how I caught @fweft red handed; trying to scam me.

13. iReALiiiTy

Listen, if you had READ my post you wouldn't be asking why I believed him. He had a legit reason. He was quitting the server for getting banned and he even made a post on the forums, and he seemed to be a trusted player.
      You can disagree all you want, but scamming needs to stop. We should at least get our items back once the person is banned because as far as I know, they keep the items after being banned. I have some screenshots but I'm not sure it will private anything. In recent comments he "gave it to an irl friend" and he has told other players that the account he gave it to was his brothers.

14. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

Yes. But the person who is 'going first' is probably thinking the same thing, that if you're legit, you would go first.
      It's impossible to know a scammer, best thing to do, is to record every session you play, like a flashback recording, then if anything does happen, you've got it.

15. iReALiiiTy

Yeah I do the same!
      Sometimes it's not really possible when you're doing rank upgrades and such.
      However he told us to join this raffle and if you check his forums account you can see he made a big deal out of this event.

16. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

Look, I read this post. I disagree, again, just because he says something or 'seems' to be something, doesn't mean he is.
      Also, there are many threads on getting items back after being scammed, and one of them is mine. Yet there are so many problems with allowing players to get their lost items back. Eg, false scamming with Alts etc.

17. iReALiiiTy

True. Although, I don't see how scamming your own alt would benefit you? Unless the alt keeps the items too. Then they could clear the items or money out of their accounts.

18. Statikk_Shiv

Statikk_Shiv Experienced Member

It's called trusting the seller. If you message someone about their offer you're going to have to trust them. Even with that said I still never go first. Don't get me wrong; you should always record before doing a deal! But since I'm extremely good with trading (so my friends say xD) letting them go first eliminates the problem of scamming.

19. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

I can't quite remember how it went, do some searching and you'll uncover a whole freight of threads about scamming.

20. StrKillr

StrKillr Boss Member

I can think on many ways of tricking mods into tell "someone" (an alt) scammed me and then getting free stuff if this is implemented. Best way to not be scammed is getting your own items, otherwise you have to take the risk. :/

P.S. RIP @fweft