x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Survival Reset the end/nether

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jessdum, Jul 1, 2020.

1. jessdum

jessdum Active Member

So literally within the first week of survival being released, every single end city and nether fortress has been raided. I think it should reset periodically because, what's the point of having a raided end/nether, ya know? Also, expand the end so there are more end cities to be discovered!!!!

2. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

yah sure, just make set dates which each dimension can reset

Nice signature ;)

3. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

Support

4. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Support

5. OverLard

OverLard Active Member

I agree with atom. Should be a regular occurrence with a date attached. I would suggest Nether resets every month whereas end resets every 2. The end has a longer reset to keep up the value of elytras and shulkers . The nether doesn't have a lot of specific loot besides armor and saddles.

6. Swift

Swift Boss Member

personally I'd say maybe every 4 months or more. I feel like that any shorter and the economy for nether/end materials quickly turn to nothing. If you reset the end too often then elytras become easily achievable while if you get reset the nether too often blaze spawners do (assuming you can break those in the nether with silk).

7. Arararagi

Arararagi Kokorowatari

This is a good point. Some materials from the Nether would be too easy to obtain, therefore too frequent resets could change their value massively. But once players hear about a Nether/End reset, it might lead to a ton of people actually going to the reset dimension to raid as much as they can, so it would make sense not to wait too long.

I support the idea, but it's not easy to tell which timeframe would be the most adequate.

8. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

Support for the end, which is already the case, there is just no official statement of when it'll reset. As others have commented, I think it would be good to have an official date & time it'll reset. Might want to disable elytra usage in the end once this does happen though, cuz otherwise all end cities will be raided within 30 minutes and it'll only be people with elytras that end up with more elytras.

I feel like the nether is a bit different though since it's both bigger and there is no real reason to be there other than wither skeletons. I believe expanding the size is what Kinsey has planned but I'm not 100% sure. Claiming is enabled in the nether because it's not getting reset like the end.

Silk touch is only enabled in the overworld meaning you'd have to make your grinder in the nether directly around a spawner and claim it. (alternatively buy it from /shop or get it from a crate and make it in the overworld)

9. Takinator7

Takinator7 Experienced Member

agee with this ^ i've found a lot of nether fortresses untouched and chunks unloaded last week

10. Rasmus

Rasmus Active Member Premium

Support!