x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Global /report ~ In-Game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ATruePitato, Apr 6, 2019.

1. ATruePitato

ATruePitato Active Member

Heyo!

I tried out multiple different servers, all of them had something you can alert staff members in-game. However, we are all aware this server does not. This is what the suggestion will be about. We need an alert system to notify staff if there is a rule-breaker, so they can then punish the rule-breaker. This will be very beneficial because there's a higher chance more rule-breakers will be punished.

The commands would be something like this; /report (user(s)) (reason). If you'd like a link to report someone on the forums you will do /report link and that'll give you a link. I doubt users will use the /report link, but it's still helpful in many ways.

The main issue with is the fact that multiple users online will most likely spam this staff report suggestion. However, a cooldown will do. You can report multiple users in one report, but if there's a hacker it's usually about 1-3 hackers / rule-breakers. The cooldown will be one report every 3-4 minutes...which I think is reasonable, if someone does it multiple times or it's purposely done to be false, they will be punished. To answer a question that users might ask, yes, you can report a botting situation.

If you guys decide to implant this suggestion, I highly recommend you adding the /report link, because there can be a situation where no staff member is online, and then the user can just report on the forums.

I'd like to see what you guys think of this suggestion!

2. Lamborghini

Lamborghini Active Member

That thread title is misleading.

3. ATruePitato

Changed the title. Apologizes for the inconvenience.

4. hannah

hannah Boss Member

support that would be cool

5. ATruePitato

Ah, thank you! :)

6. ATruePitato

7. Lamborghini

Lamborghini Active Member

Good suggestion, however requires time to find the right plugin.

8. ATruePitato

Yes, it does require time, but you have to be able to commit to the server to add what's best. We can even custom make it.

9. Drowsy

Drowsy Active Member

Support, I believe that it would be smart and easier to report people.

Good idea.

10. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

In a perfect world, this would work, but in a perfect world we wouldn't need it anyhow.

I can immediately see tell problem of people report spamming if this was implemented. It wouldn't even matter if we punished / had a cool down as most of the time people would get 5+ people to do it.

Also the obvious sign of tons of false reports from salty players that just got killed. Which would just lead us in a wild goose chase and we wouldn't be able to catch actual hackers.

11. ATruePitato

Yes, you do have a point and I wouldn't like you guys, as staff members, going through false reports and having to find out if it's false or not. I wouldn't like you guys to be spammed either, however, there are a lot of non-toxic players on Mineverse. It will just be a quick and easy way to report, overall. I suggest having 1-2 staff members on OpPvP mainly because this will be were all the reports will come from, then quickly checking for hackers. If someone is actually hacking you can punish beforehand...and if it's just toxicity you can warn them.

12. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

This is the exact problem with it, players will abuse (sometimes without knowing) the ability to quickly report people.

It's already very easy to just contact us over discord or make an actual report, but it's at a perfect level of easy. The problem with a /report command is that due to the fact that you don't even have to click off mc to do it, players will immediately go to report whoever they think is hacking without really thinking about it. Which would lead to a lot of reports.

It's not even a matter of toxicity, just about anyone has those moments where they die, rage, and accuse the other person of hacking, if they can just /report them then they're going to use that instead of just accusing them of hacking in chat (or do both).

This simply isn't possible with the amount of staff and the playerbase we have. Even if we were to promote new staff the playerbase simply isn't big enough to promote as many as we would need to constantly have 2 moderators on OP. Not even counting other gamemodes that need moderating.

Overall like I said, this suggestion would only work on a bigger server or in a perfect world, even on bigger servers most of the time the report gets directed to an anti-cheat, not just staff members.