x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • OP-PvP is coming back, but we need your help!

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by boba, Jul 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. boba

boba Retired Administrator Discord Leader Premium

Hi Mineverse,​

We hope your summer is going well! With this being said, we understand how excited you guys must be about spending hours in front of your PCs grinding games, and so the administrative team would like to ask for your input on one of Mineverse's most popular and loved gamemode, OP-PvP.

The admin team has been working hard on ensuring that when this gamemode is released, it is consistent with what players want and what players need. We understand your frustration with the delay in release, and we promise you we're working as fast as we can to open the gamemode for you guys with new additions, modifications, etc.

This thread is designed to get a player perspective on the gamemode and to further understand what you guys would like! Here are some things we have noted down:
      • Alterations to crates and crate rewards
      • Custom death/kill messages
      • Updated donor perks
      • Keeping the sharpness 40 sword... :')
      Here are some minor changes already done:
      • Increased the world border
      • Made some changes to spawn
      • Reset all files
      • New databases and cleaned up some stuff
      We also wanted to know your opinions on the spawn area! The map will remain the same, but we would like to know if you guys would like a slightly modified spawn area, or a brand new spawn! View the images below in the spoilers to get an idea of what we had in mind!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Let us know what you want added, modified, or removed from OP-PvP! Please ensure these suggestions are EULA compliant.

Please keep all replies respectful! No flame/derailing/off-topic comments; they will be deleted and may lead to warning points on your account. We appreciate your endless support and look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions.

Thank you and kind regards,
      The Administrative Team.

• Like x 1
      • Informative x 1
      • Friendly x 1
      • Fire x 1
      • Cookie x 1
    2. dopee

dopee Moderator Moderator

My suggestions upon the release of Op Pvp:

-Keep the old spawn

-change the key rewards (ultra, epic and legendary)

-Punch II instead of Punch V

-Add rods

-Add some kind of «Killfeed» in chat where it states who got killed by who.

might I add that we also remove the damn kb axes please

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Funny Funny x 1
      Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
    3. bre

bre Active Member

Okay. So imo, a new spawn would be great, and love to hear that we’re keeping the s40. But tbh.. I think a lot of people were hoping for a new map. The old maps been around for AGES, and although iconic, perhaps something new might be a decent idea. But please not something like kits because kits map was.. uh. Oof (imo). And I kinda hope we won’t be able to buy kb. Because despite it being absolutely amazing, it is absolutely awful to deal with for pvp. And as I just saw brodie send in the disc, tbh a parkour thing might be cool to add, maybe to the spawn or just around the map in general. Honestly, idrk where im going with this, but hopefully it makes sense to someone :) hopefully we get OP back soon!

Okay, after reading a ton, I gotta say, not loving the rod hate. Although I get it. Ngl. I only want rods for fishing (please keep fishing spots). Also, I personally think punch5 should be the highest it goes. Punch 2 is just so. Slow and boring. 5 was great with 7 being the ultimate best.

• Agree Agree x 2
      Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    4. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

Update the map, keep the same basic map but modify it slightly to make it feel new but still nostalgic. (More flat areas, more decor, more detailed buildings, maybe even expand the perimeter)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. SmogX

SmogX Legendary Youtuber Premium

I am more than excited to reply to this thread and here’s my ideas and stuff I would like to see implemented into OP even if I already did a thread about that.

- Kill Streak rewards (ex : 5 kills = speed pot, 10 kills = ultra crate etc …
      - Anti loot steal plugin (if you get a kill your the only one who can pickup the loot for 10 seconds for example)
      - Fishing quests or grind ( ex: get multiple rewards from fishing and leveling up your level get you better rewards)
      -New crate loot would be nice
      -New spawn would be nice
      Reducing punch 5 to punch 2 is a great idea ! Shoutout to @dopee
      - regular updates with clean change logs on discord, and theme changes (ex: new spawn and new crates at Christmas Eve and halloween for example)
      -keep s40 for sure
      - add a ./heal cooldown timer in the scoreboard so people are aware of when their /heal * is ready.
      - new daily pvp évents like koths, tournaments and maybe mini games for the non pvp players.

• Like Like x 3
    6. boba

If you want, you can also reply with open suggestion threads on the forum that you want implemented! : )

7. Pain

Pain Active Member

Keep /heal and heal all

• Funny Funny x 1
    8. dune

dune Active Member

How has it been this long and the final decision you thought to agree on was keeping the same map. I personally don't mind the same map, but what kind of revamp doesn't introduce noticeable changes?(Like a new map?)

As for the spawn, both new spawn ideas are ugly in the kindest way possible. You're better off keeping the same spawn(which is fire) if your options are too change it to those ideas. Either that or tell Torch or Halex they have free reign to build whatever they wants.

Next up, actual ideas. I kinda like the punch 2 instead of 5, so I'm staying neutral on that. Maybe maybe 5 the cap and everything else be a lower level value? I'm pretty sure punch 15 existed which is braindead in hindsight. Rods already exist, but were just hard to obtain. If you wanna pvp with rods, do /kitpvp and don't bring it over to op because literally close to no one used it for combat. For fishing, which idek why it's even brought up, it should stay the same? It's a pvp gamemode, so the fact that we were already able to fish was good enough. /survival is always open if you want to right click your mouse for hours. For kill messages, it already exists but custom ones aren't added. I support custom messages as long as there is staff approval for obvious reasons. (I should note that staff should be open minded when choosing what to accept or not because there's no point in adding it if they are going to be strict.) Crate rewards are already being changed so there's that. As sad as it is too say this, KB should be removed almost completely. Maybe KB 5 would be fine but thats a discussioin for the comm. If KB is removed, I hope it'd be replaced with something just as enjoyable but I have no clue as to what that is so yeah. Also, why are you able to buy fire aspect when the damage from fire is literally disabled? Weekly events should be a no brainer which actually engages the comm more to the gamemode than it just being a childhood server or "remembering the good times." Also, fix up the clan/gang/guild/group wtvr feature. I don't remember if it even existed on op, but if it didn't, it should be added and the plugin for it should be crisp with little to no bugs because clan fights and clans in general are cool. Also, a wager feature would be cool for isolated 1v1s.

I think that's all for now? I'll be back.

• Like Like x 1
    9. SmogX

I agrée your statement 100%, I feel like calling it a new version and waiting months for it to be back without even a new map or spawn is “weird”, personally I would prefer a brand new spawn and a brand new map or a warp old spawn like kitpvp did, I think it could be great.

10. Jaden/eoqa

Jaden/eoqa Active Member

I think a new spawn would be cool, definitely keep same map just an updated version? Be sure to add a few good flat spots for pvp!

11. dopee

dopee Moderator Moderator

I like what your saying and I agree with most of it. There are just a couple of points im slightly a no supporter to.
      First up is the killstreak rewards, in my opinion this will just make it like soup (ex; 50 ks=nuke). A issue that could happen is when a player gets their 5ks, their inv is full and the pot will lay on the ground for others to pick it up, tho if you change the rewards with lets say money it would be better. With the money you could buy as you said, speed pots or whatever you want. The fishing option I agree with @dune, I say keep the fishing as it is.

12. boba

I get you on this. I wasn't admin when OP went down in the beginning but I guess the map wasn't fully changed was to keep a nostalgic effect and because the amount of hate people gave on the new Kit-PvP map when it was released. We can for sure add some noticeable changes to the map but bare in mind that we're very limited on blocks because once again, it's 1.8. Crew and I were talking about it and it would've been better to have 1.19.x blocks which are nicer and can help to revamp certain aspects of the map, but I will sure try my best to make some changes to the map.
      For sure, we can do this!
      :winner::winner::winner:

13. ProdBrodie

ProdBrodie Active Member

Some Suggestions

- I think if it took this long I'd rather see some modifications if the team has agreed to keep it the same map

-Add "Streaks" gives people a reason to keep a streak for rewards and a leaderboard position if that was also added

I also think donor kits are a little bland a lot of the player base will have a rank I assume and we only get armor which sucks unless you spend like upwards of 150 for a rank, a stick with knockback which was the most obnoxious thing ever, and a fire stick that doesn't work because fire is disabled :speechless:.

- And to add one think please add like, a parkour? something to do at spawn, I kind of just be running around the whole spawn sometimes and doing nothing.

Increase the time of /heal you dont actually need A heal that much reduce /feed sometimes i be needing to eat fr.

- As smog said add A loot protection, I agree give the person like a few seconds or something to get what they earned.

-Reduce the punch wasn't it like 20? make it max out at 5 maybe?

- In my opinion No rods

- definitely keep Koths , give titans maybe an option to host a koth once a day or once a week? they were fun as groups lol

- /duel possibly could put money on it too?

- For crates I mean they were okay, but no like sticks or potions, bigger money pouches? maybe a donation crate like everytime someone donates to the server it gives keys out randomly.

- Possibly fix the clans/gangs maybe have a top 10 or something

- you could add warps, to certain spots on the map where there is a lot of action.

-

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

Please keep the strip club!

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Salt Salt x 1
    15. Salvation

Salvation Experienced Member

Do an unban all to increase the playercount

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Disagree Disagree x 1
    16. Malik Shahid

Malik Shahid Established Member

Zephix is going to come back for round two because of the "new databases" part. lol

17. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

Remove the glass dome :android:

• Agree Agree x 4
    18. SmogX

The /duel idea is a good idea

19. Olieee

Olieee Established Member Premium

don't add Anti loot steal plugin, there should be a way for me and the new players to get good loot easy. other than that i agree with everything said by SmogX

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Disagree Disagree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    20. loadist

loadist Well-Known Member

I agree with this
      Also-
      *Is there any word on Kitpvp because a lot of people loves playing that as well?

• Agree Agree x 2
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.