x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Kit PvP New kits? The end or beginning of kitpvp?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skpye sir, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Skpye sir

Skpye sir Experienced Member

Hello my name is Skpye and I have been playing on mineverse since the stone ages (2014) and I have seen a major decline in the player base over the last couple of years on the server. I would like to help the entire server but today I and a couple of other players discussed a new idea among the kitpvp server. (Ranks) I have the rank titan which gives me p3 diamond gear and a sharp 5 sword every 15 minutes which is extremely op. This is over powered not because of the gear but because of the free kit. The free kit contains chain gear and a stone sword. The only people that use the free kit is nonranks usually new players. These new players join and use their kit fight and get slapped around for 15 minutes by players (like myself) with ranks. These new players quit after 15 minutes because they don't see the point because they physically can't do anything against someone with even p1 diamond. This is why the noobie player base is so low and the bulk of the current server is ranks (older players). There is a couple of ways we can stop this

1. (best choice) Add kits, monthly, yearly, weekly, daily ( this comes with its problems because of alts)

2.(decent choice but will get a lot of the old players mad) restart the kitpvp and make people with ranks not be able to use them for the first month.

3.(ok choice wont change the player count but might make players stay on longer) Make events boss fights, or make the kits only be used once a hour instead of every 15 minutes.

4.( Many players support this idea) A koth event

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    2. Drop

Drop Experienced Member

For myself id support the third one.
      making kits monthly or weekly will make now ranked people quit or just stop playing, and there will be no point of having a rank, just in my opinion. I love the boss fight idea, maybe it can be every week?
      If they restart/reset kitpvp again it will happen like last time, people will get mad and quit the game, even the server. Thanks for your suggestion. :D

3. windex

windex Established Member

1st or 3rd

4. ignCramp

ignCramp Active Member

no offense but none of these options are gonna really help. and the second is not even an option. people only play this because of everything theyve gained over the past 7 years.

5. Egg

Egg Established Member

Please tell me why you thought out the 2nd option and then decided to type it out.

6. Skpye sir

yes, I understand but old players will have no one to play with because all the new players just quit. They quit because they can't handle the competition because ranks have such a large advantage.

7. Skpye sir

I decided with the suggestion of the second choice mostly because if there is a reset and rank players cant use their kits for a month in that time frame new players will join and be equally geared as the old players. There are about 2ish new players on kitpvp every couple of hours but, they just quit because it isn't fun because they are getting slapped around by overpowered players.

8. windex

windex Established Member

but everything people have worked for since 2013+ will just be gone ? or will it come back in a month? LMAO

9. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

I would quit

10. Skpye sir

I'm not sure these are just suggestions because mineverse is dying. If mineverse was going to come back kitpvp would play a huge role in its revival.

Any suggestions to get the new players to stay?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2020
    11. Drop

Drop Experienced Member

Its not only kitpvp my friend, its almost all gamemodes, indeed mineverse has low players now than it used to be in the good old days, now we need to keep this up, but your suggestions are not the best in my opinion, probably the next couple weeks you`ll see a increase of players because of christmas break, We hope so :D

12. ignCramp

ignCramp Active Member

ranks really arent that big of an advantage. any decent kit player already has hella p4 sets and just throws out p1+ all the time. no ranks can do what they please with it, but once they get a p4 set which is easy, theyre set

13. Skpye sir

do u think making diamond gear and enchantment bottles less expensive would be better?

14. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

this seems like the best one imo ^ I love the idea of having boss fights similar to survival.

15. Skpye sir

yeah man, I hope they incorporate it.

16. DeathAuras

DeathAuras Experienced Member

1. Just a dumb thing to do in general, encourages even more people to use alts, isn't the best idea. Kill a guy once and he just hops onto another alt and another and another and another.

2. Worse than one, no point for anyone to use their main account with a rank, the thing they'd use it for is healing. They go on an alt and give their main the armour easy as that.

3. Boss fights yes. Extending the kit time eh

wasn't trying to be harsh or anything sorry if it came off rude

Edit: 2. do a survival and have a kitpvp2

17. whatupRJ

whatupRJ Experienced Member

Yeah, there used to be that second kit map that was kinda fun and it gave a chance for everyone to get a refresh. Then again you could always go back to the old map if you wanted to. It's a win win.

18. dune

dune Active Member

For 1, alts will ruin that idea in a matter of seconds but I do see your point. For 2, restarting kitpvp might just kill the server and also a one month kit cool down for ranked players wouldn't do anything. Some people on this server have enough ranked alts to afford waiting a month without kits to even get rich again. For 3, to be honest, I would slightly fight the bosses then just not fight them ever again even if there were a lot of players. The kit timer will of course have an effect but people with ranked alts still slightly beat this suggestion regardless if its added or not. This suggestion thread is interesting, I might think of a few ideas to maybe get something changed. Also kitpvp 2 was fun a bit, gave some nostalgia, I don't mind it being added again.

19. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

no support to the first two, people paid for their ranks they deserve perks especially after some game modes have been reset & had their perks lowered. kitpvp has just been reset, so resetting it again wouldn’t be top priority at the moment.

instead, for an event i suggest a KOTH as suggested by vem here for space prison, but could work here too:

https://forums.mineverse.com/threads/koth.158290/

it would get more players online when the events start (once a day, then once every few hours if player count starts rising)

a reward could be keys, money etc

I just think a boss fight isn’t suited to the gamemode and a KOTH would be a more suitable option

20. djryan

djryan Legendary Member Premium

this is mineverse lol this server dead af no support

21. 11Potted

11Potted Experienced Member

u are poopy