x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Mods

Discussion in 'Rant Archive' started by abbie, Feb 15, 2018.

1. abbie

abbie receptionist Premium

I rarely ever see mods online and if they are they never interact with us. I fell like mods should enjoy the server and playing the game. Yes life can be stressful and sometimes you just don't wanna play Minecraft that day but when you don't log on for 51 days or you log on but don't interact with the community thats a problem. But thats just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Benko

Benko Boss Member

imo most mods apply for forums fame

3. Cotner

Cotner Well-Known Member

I will agree some of the Moderator activity has been low, but there is probably a reason behind it. I have gotten frustrated as well and i'm sure most people have, but no one can stop the issues happening irl. Most moderators have school as well and Test//SATs and what not. There are applications up with people that are trying to help the server. The best thing we can hope is for xBMAN and Kinsey to keep working behind the senses as they are doing. xBMAN is coming up with a lot of new stuff for the server as I heard and Kinsey is trying his best to provide the work needed as a HeadMod.

4. abbie

Yes, that is true but if you are gonna apply for mod you should know that you need to active

5. Cotner

Cotner Well-Known Member

And I completely agree with this. If you apply you need to be active. If you can't handle it then someone else might need to take that spot. I'm not going to lie there are some issues that may be keeping some Moderators from getting online. There are two sides to the story, but I can agree that there should be some activity and not just getting online to do reports.

6. Squire

Squire Well-Known Member

The first step is to actually hire some active moderators. Look at /staff and tell me we have an active staff team. I'm not calling out specific moderators, but almost all of them are inactive as it gets. What's the point of writing "Active" in their application if they're just gonna stop playing two days after their promotion?

This is understandable. However, why is it that ALL moderators are inactive? If you're that swamped with school, then resign or something. Also, SAT's shouldn't be the reason for being inactive for months. Aside from that, you have a good point.

That said, not all moderators can be active 25/7, and I get that. The problem with mineverse staff is the lack of moderators. It's unrealistic to expect a little over 15 moderators to moderate a 12+ gamemode server. The best thing that can be done is to promote a lot more moderators monthly. It should be expected to have at least one moderator on during prime hours (6pm-10pm). otherwise we're letting the server just die off. Many players have quit due to lack of moderation and excessive amount of hackers.

7. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Okay, so I’ve been really toxic when on this topic, so I’m going to view on from both sides.

The moderator has a life to deal with, and therefore they cannot he active 24/7 or even for days at a time. When life issues come up, this becomes even harder with them, then causing more inactivity. When other moderators become inactive, it drags the whole team down in activity (if you’re missing a part of the human body, it won’t function right, will it?) When other players constantly attack moderators for inactivity, it’s not like they’ll want to be active on a server that will hate them no matter what they do. These staff members might staff on a different server as well, (as Chipemunk does [only used him as an example as I know he works on minetime]), and he has to balance both, which is hard to do. Along with this, moderators may contribute in other ways, (forums, discord, Skype, etc). Plus, with the recent drop of higher staff members, it becomes very stressful for the others, and when moderators leave, everyone gets more to do. They don’t get paid, so it’s not like they’re going to work 24/7 anyway.

On the other hand, as stated, moderators signed up for the jobs they have currently. Yeah they don’t get paid, but they knew that, and it literally says “volunteers” are always needed. The community needs the staff members to keep the community clean and hacker ridden, as without them, we’re even more screwed than we are now. They promised to be active, so they should try to keep that. Some mods get on for like 10 minutes just to renew their online status, thus not doing anything. Some are very inactive (ingame), and therefore, there isn’t a point of them being on the team (again, ingame. They signed up to be ingame moderators, forums and discord come with that).

I see it from both standpoints, but in the end, it’s up to them to be active, we can’t do anything.

8. TronicTonic

TronicTonic Experienced Member

Yes, but there are only a few.

9. Cotner

Cotner Well-Known Member

I will agree not all Mods are in school and taking SATs and what not. I also agree with the point of saying "Active" the applications. And of course not all of them can be active every single day, but when more than half the staff team is inactive it's different. I am not going to rant on the staff team because they are still doing their job. I am sure it's frustrating for the active Moderators as well. I do agree with you about the 12+ gamemodes, but you also need to understand that not all of the gamemodes are played. There is most likely going to be a change soon and I'm sure Kinsey is looking into it.

10. Squire

Squire Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree too. It's not that I'm ranting against the mods, though it might seem, I'm more concerned about how much work is put on the few mods we have. Hopefully Kinsey will consider promoting more mods this month.

11. Cotner

Cotner Well-Known Member

Yes, and to make things clear I am not trying to rant on the Moderators either. There's probably a reason behind it that no one knows about.

12. abbie

Wow I never expected to get people commenting in paragraphs

13. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

just promote @Random and the server will be saved