x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Moderator Application - ksrit

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by ksrit, Feb 7, 2015.

1. ksrit

ksrit Active Member

How old are you?
      Your in-game name:
      ksrit
      What timezone are you in?
      UTC
      What country do you live in?
      India
      What languages do you speak?
      English, French (Learning) , and many other's of my native tongue.
      Why do you think you should become a mod?
      Well Mineverse is going to be very exciting. Very Very exciting. I want to express my feelings to all of you and more apart become a family member of the community. Mineverse is where I'm starting a life at, actually a new life here. I want to make this a a feeling or expression to all of you. I've known some of the staff In-Game and in the forums. I browse consistently on the forums and try to help as much people as I can. I've seen all the staff helping and being friendly to others. I want to be a kind of staff like that. Even if it takes the effort. Some things I look forward to helping people is to do something BIG. Something BIG that everyone will notice. I want to help a lot of people. I want to be a Mod that helps a lot and doesn't do things awry. Mineverse has been growing BIG BIGGER and I want it to be the BIGGEST community ever.A few things I can help in is Ban reports,appeals,spamming,sex,racism, and profanity. In real life I help others. Help others from being bullied and most importantly I do the appropriate thing. Not like some people I know how to act and operator appropriately not like the kids in my school. I NEVER cursed and I NEVER did anything erroneous. That's how all staff should behave.
      Being apart of the Mineverse team could be tremendous but that's not why I am applying right now. I'm applying so I could help people. Cyber-Bullying is a big thing right now and I could cheer up everyone who gets caught in this incident. Mineverse is bonded with me and I can't let it go. I won't Moderator any other server except Mineverse. I want to be called helpful by many people I have heard from but I want to be called helpful by a stranger or somebody i don't even know. I want to show how helpful I am I want to show what I am made of. if people of Mineverse says I am helpful I can make the community flourish. The Mineverse community has gone really far and I will make it go farther than ever. I hope to good on this application as I worked on 20 minutes for the first part. I am yearning to be a part of the Mineverse staff :)
      I can help by showing how exceptional I am. I want to be a staff member like MrPakourGuy and others. They have been through many hardships that I would want to face. Mineverse is a outstanding and i would like to help on it. I'll help with Ban reports. Ban appeals. Mod applications. And solving others questions. I can build hub's (I'm very good at building) and I could build maps for the community. I can ban hackers and exploiters. I could solve appeals and I could even solve mysterious going on through the server.
      I love the minecraft community, even though it is harsh at times and I am harsh at it sometimes, but I still enjoy helping it. I like building creations for the good of the community and for my own enjoyment. I don't rage, if I were to leave, I would say my goodbyes and demote myself, not blow the server up first, and I see myself as a good member of your team.
      My greatest strength I would consider is helping others. I have many others but this would be my BIGGEST strength. I help people daily even when I'm sick at home. *cough* *cough*. Things might happen to others and I have a great strength for helping them. All I have been doing in my life is Helping HELPING HELPING. I believe that helping others is a big part of your life and that you should do it.
      Other strength's would be how active I am. Sometimes I could be on the server for 12 hours a day sometimes I'm a average person that goes on the server 4-6 hours a day. It could be helpful to choose me because I'm am a really active person. For example, on my server I moderate it most of the time. If I join Mineverse I can moderate this server as much more than my server. Then Mineverse could prosper and grow and I could help a lot of people out there that need help :)I don't post silly, unneeded threads or posts.
      my greatest weakness would be my rage. I tend to rage a lot and I could get a bit harsh. But I know how to fix my problem as I would say. I would rage if someone was disrespecting me or if someone was cursing. This would tend me to yell at them. But I know how to avoid that. I could make Mineverse a user-friendly community so I don't rage. Most people can't do that but I think I can. I could help others and have fun with them so I wouldn't rage. I know I could stop me from raging because I know how to behave in front of others and I know how to make them happy.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      During the weekdays I usually spend 4-6 hours. On the weekend in fact I spend a 12 hours maximum of hours so I could help others on the forums and in game. This is what a average Moderator would do and I think I could be a average mod. This would be great for the Mineverse community so everyone could have a fun time playing without any hackers. I would ban any hacker I see and I have a great knowledge on different types of hacks.Everyone would get a fun time to play with me and nobody would have to worry about anything :)

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      About an year.

Have you ever been banned in the past?
      No

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      I have been staff on a one of my friends server and I had a Moderator position on Shadow PVP, a 26 slot public server hosted by MCProHosting in the U.S.. It was successful and had alot of players per day, but I didn't like the way the owners were treating the problems (letting the the staff members do all the work and then having them take all the credit) and I didn't like the fact that the chose the worst staff members possible, almost of all of them corrupt. I was also a Owner on LumosityCity, a big 500 slot which usually had 9 users on avg. and 1-2 staff on at one time. It was a fun community but was shut down do to lake of time and lack of good staff (most of them were leaving because they wanted to become staff on a bigger server and they couldn't picture the server growing. I have also been staff on a 100 player server called "RazorPVP"

Which two servers would you like to moderate? (Recommended pick the two servers you play the most)
      OpPvp and Infection

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    2. Zulfqar

Zulfqar Well-Known Member

No Support. Sorry.

3. ksrit

ksrit Active Member

Suggestions?

4. Zulfqar

Bit more Info. Bit of Colour. Good Luck. I may change my Mind.

5. ksrit

ksrit Active Member

Thanks.

6. Zulfqar

Try to check out some other Moderator Applications to help you give you some ideas.

7. ksrit

ksrit Active Member

Well I checked out yours... I'll check out others to :)

8. melgrath

melgrath Experienced Member

Good Day,

I wanted to take the time to provide some feedback on your application.

First, I am glad that you appear to have taken some time in putting together the content for your application, but it would benefit from some better formatting. I know I had some issues reading a few sections due to them being crammed together with minimal separation. You may want to add some additional spacing specifically for the "Why do you think you should become a mod?" section.

Don't be afraid to use bold,underline, or italics in order to denote separate sections. Sometimes those simple visual queues are more meaningful than a change of color. That being said, I know many members of the community like to see color in applications. If you were to add a bit of color, I am sure other community members would approve.

I would definitely encourage expanding on the various sections, specifically the "Why do you think you should be a moderator?" and "Do you have any past moderator experience?"

In the above two sections, it may be beneficial to cover some traits or life experiences that would help prove to the community that you are ready and able to fulfill this position. Unfortunately the current application process can rely heavily on players who may never have interacted with you, so you need to do your best to convince them with a professional and thoughtful application. While you have told us a bit about how much you like MineVerse and what you hope to aspire to, we have yet to get an idea of all the traits that would make you a good fit.

As to the Moderator experiences, perhaps some details on tough situations you found yourself placed in, and the ways you resolved them. Perhaps explain how you have changed over the course of your time as a staff member and any self-improvement you may have made showing maturation over time.

Lastly, how are you working to do better on your anger issues? As a staff member on the server, you will be looked to as the face of MineVerse. That means that any yelling at players, abusing power in anger, etc would be heavily frowned upon. It is good that you know it is a weakness, not help convince us you are working diligently to be better about it and that it would not impact your behavior should you get Moderator.

I know it seems like there is a lot here, but please understand that I am impressed with the initial version of your application. You took far more time on the initial draft than most players do. Hopefully you can do some tweaking to it over the coming days/weeks and will have a truly solid application.

Refraining from any support/no support and look forward to your updates.

Cheers,
      Melgrath

9. ksrit

ksrit Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions and I will add the colour in the application. Lastly I know I don't have anger issues and I woudn't abuse the moderator powers on banning, kicking, muting anyone for no absolute reason. Thanks for taking your time and leaving your suggestion.

10. elrak

elrak Legendary Member

No Support, yet.

11. ksrit

ksrit Active Member

Suggestions

12. Valor

Valor Well-Known Member

Good luck.

13. ksrit

ksrit Active Member

14. finchy

finchy Experienced Member

No support, I'm so sorry.
      Instead of saying what you will do for the server, explain why you are worthy of being promoted to Mod.
      Say things about responsibility and how you respect other players and such.

15. ImTopmass

ImTopmass Boss Member

I do not support that you have been inactive for a while now.

16. l0wkey

l0wkey Well-Known Member

No support. Good luck.

17. ksrit

ksrit Active Member

Please tell me why you don't support... If you don't support leave me suggestions so I can make you support :)

18. Jguns99

Jguns99 Experienced Member

no support good luck :)

19. ksrit

ksrit Active Member

Why doesn't anyone post any suggestions! Just saying you don't support won't help me...

20. Creed

Creed Experienced Member

21. ksrit

ksrit Active Member

Thanks for the support :) Will do this