x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Requirements Needed *Moderator Application* 1826

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by 1826XD, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. 1826XD

1826XD Active Member

How old are you?
      15 years old

Your in-game name:

What time zone do you live in?
      GMT+1

What country do you live in?
      Netherlands (Netherlands that is formed by the Netherlands, the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba.)

What languages do you speak?
      English / Dutch

Why do you think you should become a mod?
      Moderators are enforcers; they seek the cooperation and agreed understanding of both guidelines and rules emplaced mutually on both parties. If something cannot be agreed upon, understood, or obeyed by a player, it is the job of a moderator to correct the issue at hand. But they should not do so without having the following know-hows and model:

Respect for the player and their opinion:

The key function of a moderator is respect. If you cannot show respect towards another human being, chances are they won't return the gesture willingly. Making sure that the player feels like they are a person and not a number is a critical acknowledgement a rule enforcer needs to understand. Each players personality and back story are unique to that individual and deal a great amount of influence as to how they respond throughout the day while playing on the server. With that said, treating each case with the utmost respect and attentiveness is a mandatory procedure a moderator must follow.

Maturity:

Every person goes through life at a different pace than those around them. Being able to understand that someone has progressed into a later stage in their life where they seek out a means of self-dependence and life choices to benefit themselves and others shows the sign of maturity. Sure some people may know everything under the sun written in books, but that doesn't mean they know how to use the information. Without life experiences and first hand encounters all the information in the world will amount to nothing.

Contribution:

You cannot do your job if you do not show up. Having a disciplinary understanding of contribution towards a larger whole is important to a moderator; without it, ideas, decision making, and interactions (both verbal and physical) are not transpired to your peers.

Lack of:

As someone who is often on the Parkour server throughout the day, I have noticed that moderators are few and far between. Rules aren't applied and even in some cases aren't understood by players. The use of "unfair or prohibited" clients and mods is seen and kept at a frequent and steady rate, making other players either unhappy with the lack of enforcement, or resort to using the hacked clients themselves. The distinction between players who do not and do use these means of play is very apparent as they tend to be the ones with something to say about other players skill sets.

Honesty and truthfulness:

This is an aspect of moderating that needs to be seen as a two way street. With the inclusion of trust, players need to feel like they can depend on what a moderator says and does. The actions used are to be taken with the honest intent of doing best for both the server and its players. Letting the players know the truth about a particular incident or future action is a must. Not everyone uses the forums and not everyone follows up on the latest news. Being able to convey facts and truthful events to the masses is important.

Sincerity and friendliness:

Prejudgement and hypocrisy are often unavoidable *qualities* of every person. Starting every person at square one is important in getting to become friendly with every player, whether new or experienced. Being able to look past what people may say about someone is the best choice when getting to know them as it gives you the ability to make your own educated judgement about the individual. You may not like that judgement or see fit with who they are, but that does not give you the go ahead to treat them without sincerity.

Interlude
      A little about me

<edited>

Continuation
      How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      *NOTE* All times subject to change due to courses and work load

Holiday Schedule
      Sunday/Saturday 4-5 hours throughout the day
      Monday-Friday 5-10 hours throughout the day

School/Work Schedule
      Sunday/Saturday 3-5 hours throughout the day
      Monday-Friday 2-4 hours throughout the day

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      3 years on the server 4 weeks on the forums

Have you ever been banned in the past?
      Yes, I agree banned on Mine Fresh but I also put things learned that only after thinking something perform if I eg 'no' then think the light comes from me brains than I do hold equal a minute this I once read the rules and I think this is unwise, but I've already taught me lessons.

Do you have any past experience as moderator?
      Yes. I currently moderator for a private survival server and have been a moderator for the server for 5 months; but have been inactive due to the delay of LogBlock/Spigot 1.8. I am familiar with many of the moderating commands such as /ban, /tempban, /mute, /kick, /vanish, /gamemode and even 3rd party mod protection commands like the ones used within the LogBlock plugin. I am well versed with the spotting of x-ray use and flying.

Which two servers would you like to moderator?
      Parkour, OPPrison OPvP Kitpvp2

Parkour was the initial game-mode to draw me into the server. The community is great, even if it can be plagued with "lag" in chat at times and gave me a reason to stay on and play this server. I could never leave that server behind because it brought so many new people to interact with and get to know. I know every part of every level like the back of my hand and often do assist others when they are stuck on a particular section.

Because I felt like I was getting bored with Parkour I tried out other game-modes to see if any others were to my liking. OP Prison was the last on the list seeing that it is the newest server but it just stuck with me. It gives me something to do when I needed a break from parkour. Even though at first I knew very little about this server, it's economy, and countless other aspects, I have grown in the community as someone people come to for help, advise or know how with many of the various aspects found within the server.

I think kitpvp two very nice you can nice teaming easy to make friends and have pvp strategies you have your own skills you try as much as possible to play kitpvp2 and good stuff deserves or gets when I kitpvp2 join and play there is in all of 5 minutes I certainly like in a cartoon movie.

Closing and finmunity. You know who you are and I love you guys so much.al statements
      Thank you for reading; I hope to hear and learn from many responses.
      Please state why you do/do not support the following application. Simply stating yes or no is not going to help me improve my application or help the community improve as a whole.
      Please do not critique my application based on the "lack" of color. This is an application, not a introduction; I am taking this with the upmost seriousness.

Thank you to those that pushed me to apply for a staff position, especially those within the parkour com

2. Alana

Alana Well-Known Member

Sorry bud, you dont meet the requirements.
      Staff close this?
      @Alex @Matt

3. Alex

Alex sweet roll Premium

Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for staff on Mineverse.
      Unfortunately you don't meet the requirements for staff at this time. We encourage you to read the requirements needed and take some time to get to know the community here on forums.

Feel free to fill out an application in the future.
      Volunteers are always needed.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.