x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Requirements Needed mod app

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Takinator7, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Takinator7

Takinator7 Experienced Member

Preface:
      Let me please introduce myself real quick. My name is not Oliver, I am fourteen years old and live in Germany (therefore I am terribly sorry for any grammatical error which might appear in this application). I decided to give this another go, because my older applications weren't successful enough. My incentive to try again came after I realized how many hackers and spammers appear on all different gamemodes. I would love to help reconstituting fair play among all players, new and experienced, on this server.

How old are you?
      I am fourteen years old, and I will turn fifteen this May.

Your in-game name:
      My current ingame name is Takinator_,Takinator1, Takinator2, Takinator3, Takinator4, Takinator5, Takinator6, Takinator7, Takinator8, Takinator9, Takinator0. I might change it soon, don't worry, this moderator application will be updated as soon as I did.

What time-zone are you in?
      CEST - Central European Standard Time

What country do you live in?
      Germany

What languages to you speak?
      I speak fluent English, German and Hungarian. I am also learning French at school.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)?
      I can take and upload screenshots, plus I've got a recording software, which I am able to capture video evidence with.

Why do you think you should become a mod?

The main reason I thought of, is the time-zone difference. We have a lot of US-American and Australian moderators, but we don't have as many European moderators to take care of the night life of this server. People often told me to apply for mod, but I never ended up successful. On skywars, my favourite gamemode we do often need moderators to ban hackers, spam-bots, or even harassers. Because of the main reasons above, I would like to help to take over a part of this huge responsibility. As another point, I would like to prove myself to some people as a good person. I would like to make good what I have done wrong. Make faults good again is really important to me.
      I still got some other traits, which will help you to get to know me better:

Respectful
      One of my best personalities is being respectful to other players. I am a calm person, who knows where the boundaries are. I am respectful to everybody, unless if I recognize misbehaviour or intolerance towards other people.

Honest
      Honesty is the key in life. It makes people easier to decide if to trust in somebody or not. I don't see the point of lying, because lying is one of the worst things you can do in life. If I've ever lied, I regret it soon after. I learned from that. So please people, I tell you, lying won't help you much in life. My friends know me as a honest person either, I often share my honest opinion with them.

Experienced
      I played Mineverse for two and a half years now. I know some parts of the community well and I guess I am really experienced on forums either. I have moderated on a little server already and it went well. Moderating is an opportunity not everybody gets, and one of the most relevant reason for not getting that chance is inexperience.

Polite
      "How the hell can you be so vile?!", this sentence (said by my dad after an argument), made me think of my situation. When I was smaller, I honestly used to be impolite and lying. I have changed. I worked hard on my personality the last years and I think I changed. Courtesy helps you to get a job in your further life. Courtesy is another key to be successful. Meanwhile I got used to talk polite to people (except they are my friends :D).

Criticizing
      I never am contented with myself. I always try to make things better, even when my boundaries are reached already. This helps a lot to improve my way of behaviour, my appearance.

Friendly
      I will try to be friendly to those of our server, because I can imagine how far a rude staff would come. Friendliness counts to politeness, both of them are almost the same. I also got a lot of friends on the server, who I can trust. Well, how did I manage to get this much friends? Right. It's my way of being friendly.
      I will help new and old players with the fullest of my capability.

Calm
      No abusive word said to me, has ever taken me down. I've never taken them personally. I always am calm (or at least try to be :p). Being quiet and calm is a trait I am known for. I don't talk much, which gets explained by the amout of messages I have written during the time on the forums. So, how can calmness help me with moderating? Calmness is cooperating with not-being-agressive. Now imagine an agressive moderator. Who keeps muting and banning people for the most little sh*t. I keep calm, especially in tough times. This means, I can work efficiently when I am under pressure too.

Mature
      You can find out if you're mature, if these following points are matching to you:
      Humor,
      Tolerance,
      Politeness,
      Not abusive (or agressive).
      For example I don't judge people by their looks, but by their personalities.
      I've got a sense of humor, meaning I'm not a deadly serious human being.

Determined
      I am a very determined person. If i start doing something, I try my best to finish it. This trait is important for being a moderator. As a moderator you will have to keep doing things, which are important at a time. If you leave stuff behind, halfly done, you will not get far at all.

Fast-typer
      I am a fast-typing person. Typing fast is necessary with fast replies to a helping person. I Also do my best to write correctly. If a person tpyed fast, grammatical errors may occure most likely. I am working on this to be prevented. When finding any grammatical error im my application, please make sure to tell me.

Empathetic
      I used to be an outcast at my school.
      I know how it isl to be a not-liked person. I know how it is to be bullied. Being bullied day 'n' nite. Being cyber-bullied. Having fear to go to school every morning. With this trait I can empathize myself into bullied players online. I can tell them tips how to get along, I can help them. When you get that 'thank you' from any person, doesn't it feel wonderful? I love helping people. <---- Simply and easily stated here.

Time Zone
      My time zone. My time zone is really rare for the server. This server needs more European mods, due to the reason that this server is active at night too. There are not many people online at my time (about 100-400), but we need to care about them aswell.

[EDIT]: Skywars is a gamemode I often experience kill aura, anti-knockback, and similar other unauthorized modifications on. I would like to help at that point, it is badly needed. Moderators rarely join skywars; we can say, that gamemode fell into anarchy. Donators got more 'rights' above normal people and I would like to try to change that, I'd mainly try to help on Skywars. Skywars turned into a way of hierarchy:
      New players at the bottom, Titans at the top. Also, the amount of 'shoppers' (that's how people call them) is sadly overwhelming.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      I can come online around 4-7 hours online every weekdays on forums and server equally.
      On the weekends I usually go out with my family or friends,
      therefore I'm not sure how long I can be online every day. Nevertheless I will try to come online as much as I am capable of.
      [IMPORTANT] It might happen, that I will go away on vacations, where I will not be able to use my laptop, but my phone. It might happen that I won't be in reach of any internet for a week or two. This is usually in Summer, when I go visit my grandparents.

Next skiing vacations:
      24th March - 2nd April
      I will not be able to come online often in those 6 days, but I will try my best.
      I'll see if I will have internet connection in my hotel, so I can be online on forums.
      Excuse me for that.

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I am playing Mineverse for rough 2.5 years now. The first time I joined was September 2013 (I guess, I am not fully sure about that, I am sorry). Ever since I came on this server the first time, I knew I'll love playing on it. And I still do.

Have you ever been banned in the past?
      In-game:
      No, I've never been banned on the server before.

Forums:
      Yes, twice.
      Once I accidentally grave dug a thread by posting a second comment,
      and the second time I was being mean to a moderator. Most people know who I mean, I am sorry for that.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      As I already mentioned above, I've been moderator on a smaller server before, but I never experienced moderating on a server of this size. I know really well what a moderator's duty is and I'd love to help out with this kind of knowledge.

Every feedback, every comment is welcome! Please let me know how to improve myself upon my application. Just commen't below.

Thank you for reading and have a beautiful day!:cat:

2. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

Wow this is so well-written I just can't no support even tho u stole my cockatoo

3. WinterWaffles

WinterWaffles Experienced Member

yes many good reads thank you, this is one for my child's e-library

so support, yes?

4. Sparky

Sparky Retired Head-Mod Premium

Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for staff on Mineverse.
      Unfortunately you don't meet the requirements for staff at this time. We encourage you to read the requirements needed and take some time to get to know the community here on forums.

Feel free to fill out an application in the future.
      Volunteers are always needed.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.