x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA [Mexico] StrKillr's Moderator Application. (Updated)

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by StrKillr, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. StrKillr

StrKillr Boss Member

Hi community. This is my Mineverse Moderator application.

[​IMG]
      Intro (must read):
      Early on March I stumble across MineVerse, a server that had a Survival gamemode (what I was looking for) and I loved from the very first day I logged because I found great and friendly people who helped me (really helped me). That day I told to myself: “What a wonderful server” and decided to settle down.

However the second day I was (tragically) murdered by a tp-killer.
      This situation got me mad and sad at the same time and I didn't want that to happen to any other player. From that day I started to report any player breaking the rules to try and seek the best environment for people to play and have fun.
      In my early days I used to report hacks and rule breakers on SkyBlock forums (could't sign up to MineVerse forums at that time) and gratefully one mod (Larry) attended all of my reports.

Later days I was invited by a player to join him in a good KitPvP fighting session. I joyfully accepted and what was my surprise that it was flooded with hackers.
      This situation upsetted me and I tried to get a mod but I had no response in any server for about 30 mins.

Now I am recognized on Survival as "the tpkiller killer" (LOL) and a guy who always helps people and try to keep the server in peace.

I don't really mind to report (70+ reports) but let’s be honest. Who here likes to file a report? The majority of people just rage or don't do anything about it because they don't know how to do it or just let it to another people, and it is frustrating to not be able to do anything but file a report and wait.

I want to congratulate CypriotMerks for the wonderful mods he promoted last month; he made a wise choice with every single one of them. Now reports take less than an hour to be handled efficiently. But, as always when new mods come good mods go (resign), we loosed some good mods after the promotions and we may need to reinforce the staff team to cover all the traffic in the server.

Knowing this and with the encouragement of my friends in the server I decided to apply for moderator and try my best to help this server.

Your in-game name:
      StrKillr
      better known as "str" or "starkiller" (Yes, it is a reference to Star Wars) and previously known as xStrKillrx.

How old are you?
      I'm 23 years old.

What timezone are you in?
      Pacific Daylight
      Time UTC/GMT -8 hours.

What country do you live in?
      I currently live in Mexico and I travel often to the United States of America.

What languages do you speak?
      I speak and write Spanish (Native language), and English (US).

Have you ever been banned? (if yes, why?)
      No
      , and being banned it's not on my future plans.

Why do you think you should be a mod?
      -More than "should", I want to be a moderator because at my time zone rush hours there are no mods logged on and there is no actual support for the players at the time they need the help a moderator could provide.
      -As a player I expect to have a good experience in game. Therefore, I want to help this server to be better and to be the best one.
      -Based on my knowledge on working with people and the roll moderators plays on MineVerse, I can provide an excellent control over the people I'm in charge.
      -A long the time I've been on the server I noticed an increase on Spanish talking people joining, and, it came to my attention that none of the moderators can understand them. Therefore there is no real control and/or support over Spanish people.(Quick example: Once a Spanish guy was insulting other players (a mod was on), the players involved and I asked the mod to ask the player to settle down, he did but he said: I can’t do anything because I can’t understand what he is saying.)

-I would see this as a real life job and provide my best to proof you I am a good moderator.

What qualifications do you have?
      - Maturity: Instead of following basic instincts I am able to respond to problems in an appropriate manner. Always knowing the time and place to act in an effective way according to the circumstances.
      I personally apply this phrase on my daily basis "
      What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
      - Follow Rules: My knowledge an interpretation of rules can be a crucial point to develop the best solution to problems that can occur.
      - Always seek to be better: In my life I always try to proof myself be better improving in both mind and spirit. It’s important to know that even in the lose a lesson must be learned.
      - Friendly: Everyone was a newbie at one time. That in mind I can put myself in other people's shoes, that way I am able to help people with whatever they need and I'll be pleased to walk them through it.
      - Neutral: When in a conflict between to parties I can be a neutral mediator and lead the people involved through the process of developing a friendly solution to a disagreement.
      - Patience: Under difficult circumstances (provocation, anger, annoyance) I always get my facts straight.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      Server: 3-4 hours straight a day. And I'm on in short periods of time along the day (Yes, I love playing Minecraft).

How long have you been playing MINEVERSE?
      I've been on the server for about 9 months now.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      Yes
      , Currently I´m an admin on a small server in development in wich I was a builder but got promoted. Apart of this I have pretty much "In Real Life" experience dealing with people.
      - As a Civil engineering student, most of the time I have to work with a group of people.
      - I've been VP on the student society of my University for 1 year.
      - Actually I am General Coordinator (6 months now).

In all 3 cases I help planning, organizing and executing any events or tasks needed always before a death line.

I know the basic commands and rules moderators should follow and I am familiar with xenforo tools.

I have the experience to know what is on and off limits based on my experience in real life, my knowledge on rules of the server and basic common sense in overall game experience can make me an efficient moderator.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc).
      -Yes, I'm prepared to record any player breaking the rules to provide solid proof of what happened.
      I use the xBox software included in Windows 10. Here's my channel where I upload all my reports videos. https://goo.gl/TAADqe

Outro:
      Some may say this is a short application but I compressed all the important information to make it easier to read. That way is more attractive for every person who stumbles upon it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application <3.
      Any suggestion or comment about my application is welcome.

Extra links:

My MineVerse Reports: http://goo.gl/Gh41Jl
      My Survival stats
      : http://goo.gl/YSlblp
      My YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/TAADqe
      My Instagram: https://goo.gl/JHmSXv

==========May the force be with you.==========

Support count:
      Support: 94
      Neutral
      : 14
      No Support: 6

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    2. Mariselle

Mariselle Experienced Member

100% Support.

3. Marko The Cat

Marko The Cat Experienced Member

no support

4. BigDoggoGoBorkBork

BigDoggoGoBorkBork Experienced Member

Check grammer.

5. StrKillr

StrKillr Boss Member

Thanks it means a lot to me. :D

I tried my best as English is not my first Language. Thanks for the observation.

6. Chibi

Chibi Boss Member

Try being a bit more active on the forums? No support for now

7. BlackZone

BlackZone Boss Member

No Support

8. Jackislife

Jackislife Experienced Member

Neutral for now.. you've had no experience as a moderator.

9. Scorv

Scorv Gaming Warlord Premium

No support.

Good luck.

10. Alex

Alex sweet roll Premium

I'm neutral for now as I believe you could be a tad more active.

Your use of complex and sophisticated words does impress me though. Good luck!

11. StrKillr

StrKillr Boss Member

As everyone says, I need to be more active on forums. I know no one here knows me because there's not that much people here from survival. But I'll try my best to participate more on forums, and be a better player on Survival. :D

12. Carmiel

Carmiel Active Member

I'd love to see you as a mod. We need one who wanders by late at night my timezone. Hope you get it!

13. ZeldaNinja

ZeldaNinja Boss Member

Always!
      Anyways, your app is really good, I can tell what you are trying to say. I already see you becoming more active, keep it up!
      Support!

14. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

No support.
      You can try to be more active on forums and also try to reduce the number of times your friends and you tease other players... Some players may take to it badly.

15. Mariselle

Mariselle Experienced Member

Eres humilde. Estoy segura que lo conseguiras pues eres muy paciente con la gente.

16. StrKillr

StrKillr Boss Member

Thanks Carmiel I really apreciate that someone from survival supports me :D

Thanks zelda :D I won't betray your confidence.

17. StrKillr

StrKillr Boss Member

Gracias por todo el apoyo y animos que me has dado. Si no fuera por ti no hubiera aplicado para moderador. :D

18. MrDrag

MrDrag Experienced Member

100% Support i always see you and and you are active a lot :)

19. StrKillr

StrKillr Boss Member

Thanks dragon. Don't forget to vote today. :>

20. StrKillr

StrKillr Boss Member

Bump <:

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.