x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Let's talk: Prison

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by djryan, Aug 15, 2016.

1. djryan

djryan Legendary Member Premium

Prison, a fantastic server. By far the one I've made the most memories on my time here on Mineverse.

Once, a prosperous server, played by 70+ peak, it was populated with a rich and somewhat kind community. Once you got into prison, you just couldn't shake the addiction.

It had the best of all worlds, Creative with plots, Factions with freeworld, PvP in the D block, and so much more.

However, over the past year and a half, prison has been slowly deteriorating. Now, Factions is rendered pretty much useless, as claims are not tnt-able. Most of freeworld is covered with cobblemonsters. There are many plots leaking water as we speak and still not fixed. D block is now a hacker hotspot. Mcmmo has been glitched and abused, with hard earners being topped by hackers who have aura. And now, you no longer receive no experience for grinding pigmen.

I could literally go on for hours listing all the many problems, from the sweeping player clearances of balances and homes (Me, @Dyna_Mighty, @tin15cro, and @Chain were a few of the long time players who lost it all), but the tl;dr is that prison has been rendered unplayable.

Now, the max player count is 13. There is only really 1 mod that ever goes on anymore, and that's Dyna. Half the plots have been broken due to worldguard failing.

The point is, prison really, really needs a reset. A new map isn't even too necessary, we just need everything cleared. Not only that, we need a new McMmo, fixes to longstanding bugs, and a fixed flatlands, which if you have a base there, it is basically unraidable. Also, we need to remove the fact that Chestshop signs, which are meant for Plots and sales at the Plots, out of the Factions game, as people can just prop a chestsign and a power 10 claim and they are basically unraidable, it's insane.

Many of the old players, including myself, would like to see a reset go down. We will wait as long as we need to as long as we will have it done.

Tagging vets: @lukey_luke @tin15cro @Dyna_Mighty @Chain @Fruit1k @DoctorDistructo @Durt

• Like Like x 8
    2. Cade

Cade Well-Known Member

Well worded. Even before the world guard went down, there were many plots without signs. Imagine someone breaking all of the signs?

Indeed, the population is very low and continues to decrease. We cannot gain any players due to OP people destroying them as soon as they join. That just automatically makes people want to quit. Some also get salty which makes the community more toxic.

This is personally my opinion, but the prison before this one seemed to be better without mcMMO. It was more fair. Someone happens to have about 23k mcMMO due to leaving alts at grinders which also creates a fair to extreme amount of lag..

To add on to not being able to raid with tnt.. I believe this is a bug, but you're only able to raid people when at least one of their faction members are online.. I'm not sure if this is a bug also, but we can look in chests as on /factions we cannot. I'm not sure if this is a glitch.. If so, what's the point of using creeper eggs to blow up chests..? Ripperoni.

Due to a pretty new mod called Bhop / bunny hop hackers just have to vote, buy potions and just kill whoever is in pvp.. When fastbow / rapid fire came out, we had a plugin that was able to stop that, there could possibly be a plugin to stop bhop, but probably not yet. If so, we need something like GCheat.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    3. Fruit1k

Fruit1k Experienced Member

Okay, to be honest, you have made these prison reset threads a bunch of times. Nothing has happened. I doubt a reset will be released anytime soon for prison, and that is just how it is. The people tagged in this post could probably rant on and on about the problems with prison. But nothing will happen. Meli you have already made a thread stating the problems with prison, and no reset has occurred. It sucks, but Cyp/Crew won't reset this gamemode even though many people want it to be reset.

4. djryan

djryan Legendary Member Premium

One of my favorite quotes can be applied to your statement.
      “It’s probably my job to tell you life isn’t fair, but I figure you already know that. So instead, I’ll tell you that hope is precious, and you’re right not to give up.”
      C.J. Redwine, Defiance

• Like Like x 1
    5. lukey_luke

lukey_luke Experienced Member

I feel bad that I don't know you yet you know me.

6. Cade

Cade Well-Known Member

Lmfao xD and @Holo I edited my post.

7. Fruit1k

Well gl on not giving up. A reset isn'tt going to happen for a while imo.

8. Beastbooming

Beastbooming Active Member

You know this needs to happen. Like right now.

Support

9. Jguns99

Jguns99 Experienced Member

I would love it if prison ever resets but it will never happen due to the fact that CypriotMerks and NoobCrew just dont care for prison at all for some reason. You can tell they dont care for prison because nothing ever gets fixed on prison if something does get fixed on prison it will probably take like 20 years to get the job done. Prison is dying and its a shame that the owners of mineverse dont care enough to fix the problems and listen to the people that are trying to help mineverse be a better place to play.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    10. AngeloLagusa

AngeloLagusa Active Member

11. Smiley

Smiley Legendary Member

I prefer changing it than an actual reset.

12. thxrrxks

thxrrxks Experienced Member

I do think prison should reset but not just reseting the map and mcmmo, there are few changes that needs to be done.

for example, the ranks are really hard to get, I remember the last reset prison had (most of you guys weren't playing prison back then) it took a month before the first player got free-man and that was when we had donor ranks. I dont really know how to say it but what im trying to say is the ranks are way too hard to get for what they give and im pretty sure no one today is going to spend one month mining in the mines to get money to rank up. The in game ranks should be really easier to get.

I also dont like how the map is made, there should be only one pvp area, way more plots & way less cells that aren't even rentable and are just making people lag because the map is too big & we dont use half of the map.

& one last thing, even if prison reset it will never be the same without gwism & pledgefree because lets be honest the best part about prison is owning un-legit items that no one understand how u got it and they offer ridiculous prices to get them.

I wish @Gwism was still admin, he wouldn't have let prison down like cyp and crew did.

13. Valor

Valor Well-Known Member

When you weren't tagged in a game you've been playing for almost 3 years.

But yeah, Prison has a lot of issues, mostly because of the lack of attention. I don't see a whole lot of mods going on Prison, and while I know mods are busy, it still is a gamemode that deserves moderation. A lot of Prison issues could have been fixed, but they weren't because of lack of attention. I feel like if Cyp and Crew would have worked out some of the problems on Prison instead of 'adding' Towny, then this server in general would be a whole lot more successful. I'd love a full reset personally, nothing would really be missed about this broken Prison that couldn't just be added back better. No hate, just putting in my 2 cents.

14. Cade

Cade Well-Known Member

I liked the old map, it didn't lag me and I had a pretty crappy comp

15. Clones5

Clones5 Well-Known Member

Needs a reset. Smh

16. Alan

Alan Experienced Member

How about instead of trying to add other servers like Towny we try to fix what we have?

• Like Like x 2
    17. Jguns99

Jguns99 Experienced Member

. True dat

18. ArouDragons

ArouDragons Active Member

I'd love 1 of 2 options.
      Option one: a reset, obviously, or just a mass update on prison, teak some things and all that.
      or Option 2: a new prison. new prison gamemode, scrap this one, make it fresh, or just have a second prison. just like they did with PVP. if you can do it for one, you can do it for another.

Why I say this is because PVP is always a fan fav, and Prison is my personal fav. I don't pvp, and for a game like Prison or OP Prison, where we try to upgrade and get to Freeman or the top of the ladder of ranks. Whilst a reset would be good, that means everyone who earned their ranks like Highroller or Citizen, Veteran, Titan, all those high ones. If it a complete new Prison, I'd say less people mad, more people happy. that's how I think of it.

19. Fruit1k

still waiting on one lmfao

20. _Rlxtreme_

_Rlxtreme_ Experienced Member

As said by words of myself,
      "If the Galactic Empire can come back from the most extreme annihilation of its alliance, then so can a reset be applied to Mineverse."
      Prison is in desperate need of:
      -A reset
      -A new map that is less laggy
      -A better plugin system that won't break
      -A community that will enjoy the server that has been fixed in the last 3 options I listed.
      Prison lacks the ability to keep the attention of an average player because the goals to become free rank are really stupid. Once you become free, there's really nothing you can do now. All the land is claimed and cannot be destroyed, nor can you really have nice things with cobble monsters everywhere. Plus, if you start from the lowest rank, getting from the spawn to D mines is near impossible with hackers during the times when people are actually on. There needs to be change or else Prison will die like many of the game modes we have. Obviously something is wrong or a lot more people would be on during the day and night.