x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Josh's Forum Moderator Application[Closed]

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by joshuawebb, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. joshuawebb

joshuawebb Experienced Member

Introduction
      Hey there I'm Josh. It's well time I re-apply although this time not for just regular mod. I've been part of this community a very long time now, and I've noticed the lack of forum moderation. The moderators are doing all they can but they need a little help. I'm not very active on the server itself anymore but on the forums that's a whole other story. I'm on here sometimes 6 hours a day and I look at threads and see when I can be of assistance. Anyways let's get to the app.

Application
      How old are you?
      I am currently 14 years old but will be turning 15 in a few weeks.
      Your in-game name:
      My in-game name is joshuawebb.
      What timezone are you in?
      I am in the Pacific timezone.
      What country do you live in?
      I live in Canada
      What languages do you speak?
      I speak English, French, and understand a bit of Spanish and German.
      Why do you think you should become a mod?
      I think I should become moderator because I have a good set of skills and qualities listed below:

•Responsible: We need responsible moderators on the forums, people who we know will be able to take responsibility. I feel I am a responsible player and am fit for the position, I always finish my homework early so I don't have to finish it before class for example.

•Trustworthy: Trust if very important in my opinion. Moderators should be trustworthy and able to keep reports and ban appeals private to not wmbarrass anyone. I am trustworthy, if I happen to borrow something I return it the way I got it. If it is dammaged I buy a new one.

•Respectful: Respect, I feel it is important to respect everyone and their opinion. You may not agree with them but you should stil respect their opinions and thoughts on a situation. I always respect everyone's opinion when I am posting although I don't always agree with them.

•Mature: Maturity, maturity is important in a mod. It's good to know when to be serious and when to have fun. Maturity includes many qualities which I believe I have.

•Leadership skills: Leadership skills are a big thing. Mods need to be able to take charge and do what is required. I have been placed in many leadership situations before, for example I have administrated a server before which is good practice.

•Dependable: Dependable, moderators should be able to be depended on. When they say something their word is like a promise, they say what they do. I will strive to do what I say and do it to the best of my abilities.

•Considerate: Considerate, a mod should always consider both sides of an argument and not let friendships make them make a bad decision. I will decide by the facts no matter who it includes.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      2-6 hours every day.
      How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I have been playing on the Mineverse server for just about 2 years now and have been part of it's online community (The forums) for about a year now.
      Have you ever been banned in the past?
      In my past I have been banned once. I believe people change and I have changed. The reason for my ban was advertising.
      Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      I do have a lot of past experience.
      Which server would you like to moderate?
      I would like to moderate these forums.

Conclusion
      If by any chance I've missed something, kindly reply. Give me feedback and constuctive criticism. Be honest with me.

As always thank you for your time.

-Josh

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    2. UncleUrnesto

UncleUrnesto Boss Member

No Support, why the hell is everyone creating one of these if no one has even got promoted yet? Cypriotmerks never said he was going to do this.

3. joshuawebb

Alright I've looked through it and fixed what I could, I am french so there still may be a few errors, thank you for the feedback and thanks for 50% support, means a lot.

4. RainingNarwhals

RainingNarwhals Active Member

Overall pretty good.. What I would say though is that
      1. When you put leadership skills, you pretty much said the same thing in two sentences. Maybe try using examples.
      2. I am new, so this might now be a problem. But I was thinking you might want to moderate for than just the forums.
      Heres a few thoughts...
      Good Luck!

5. joshuawebb

I understand but he is thinking about it. Although this may not be implemented I think it is worth a shot. I am simply trying to help the moderators. Thank you for your feedback anyways.

Edit: Oh and by the way I've only seen 3 of these, mine, pile's and mineterria's which is now closed. Sooo not that many people.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    6. Valor

Valor Well-Known Member

I saw Cyp reply to a thread saying he should implement the rank. However, at the moment there is no Forum Mod rank, so I'm not sure why people are applying either.

7. joshuawebb

Fixed and thank you for the feedback.

8. joshuawebb

I am applying simply because the server is in desperate need for it.

9. RainingNarwhals

RainingNarwhals Active Member

Better :)

10. joshuawebb

11. ElectroStorm

ElectroStorm Experienced Member

Well, your very disrespectful on Kitpvp. You call people "Noobs" regularly. No support.

12. joshuawebb

Excuse me, this is for forum mod and regularly is false, try and do /seen joshuawebb. I haven't called anyone a noob in a while.

13. ElectroStorm

I am only telling what I've seen. If your disrespectful in-game, why would I want you as a forum
      mod?

14. joshuawebb

First off calling someone a "Noob" is not going to hurt their feelings, second get some recent proof from the past 2 months, third that was months ago and as I said in my app people change. The reason you're bringing this up is because I have called you a "Noob" before it just means you aren't as talented of a pvper. Either stop posting about old things that happened in the past or stop posting.

I'm sorry if I've somehow hurt your feelings by calling you a "Noob" didn't know saying someone wasn't talented at a game was offensive sorry.

EDIT: Oh I almost forgot, should I say that you're a bad person for scamming me in the past? The past is past nothing can change it the future is our choice and I have chosen to change which is why I applied.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    15. ElectroStorm

I am not here to make you upset, and its not your place tell me I'm a bad person. S it just proves your immaturity.

16. joshuawebb

Immaturity? First of all I am calm. Second I was proving a point. Third get off my app.

17. djryan

djryan Legendary Member Premium

No support.

18. joshuawebb

Ok thank you for your honesty.

19. Badlerner

Badlerner Experienced Member

Thread Locked on request.
      If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
      The Staff

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.