x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • [Global] Screensharing/SS Plugin

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SavageTM, Jan 1, 2017.

1. iLegalTaco

iLegalTaco Experienced Member

I do think alot of people hack and should get banned but I think adding this plugin wouldn't be the best idea. On the other hand alot of people ive seen get false banned so this might help but I really don't think so. First of all mineverse is a more casual server and I just don't think a screensharing plugin is necessary. Second I can guarantee almost all the mods don't know how to find alot of injection clients and other things people use to cheat.

2. JazzMagic

JazzMagic Experienced Member

A lot of people have ghost clients for a "casual" server. That is why we want this, to stop ghost hacking (it is incredibly difficult to catch otherwise) . And as said several times, @samuelgamer123 will teach the staff everything that they need to know about screensharing.

3. iLegalTaco

iLegalTaco Experienced Member

Yea but the thing about that is I come on here to play for fun and I've seen what alot of staff consider "hacks" and i really don't wanna get screenshared on here because for me its just a waste of time. Im also sure it would be a waste of time for alot of other players. Also screensharing just isn't necessary if the staff tped to known people on mv honestly you'd probably catch them using some sort of blatant hacks or just got a anti cheat/notification plugin.

4. Legalized

Legalized Experienced Member

Everyday I come on op and I fight people, I at least fight 12 different kids with ghost clients. First of all it's 5 minutes of your life stop acting like it's an hour you big baby. Second of all I doubt you're that good to get ssed LOL if so I want to see some vids of you pvping. Anyways if you no support this I want you to give me a better way to catch ghost clients, autoclicker, radar. Waiting.. Also this method will reduce false bans.

5. JazzMagic

Like Alex said its literally only 5 minutes out of a day and can literally save you a month ban if you actually don't hack. And these known people who are good either are 100% legit or use ghost clients and there's no in between. People who want to do well in PvP don't pick up a bad client because those clients have several major flaws. They literally pay for a ghost client so the hacks aren't so obvious, but we have an idea if they're using one because their aim would be perfect, and we prove them innocent or guilty with a 5 minute screenshare.

6. Khortex

Khortex Experienced Member

this seems good on paper, but its kinda useless. if you take pvp so seriously that you want people to get ssed go on a legitimate server with good connection and tps

7. Accepted

Accepted Well-Known Member

Just noting, you said it yourself.
      How do you know? You have already caught them. You have already detected their hacks. Why do you need to screen share them? Video evidence and your explanation will already be suffice under current rule circumstances.

8. JazzMagic

Ghost clients are hard to tell apart from actual skill and here there are 12 possible hackers. Instead of banning all 12 of them, we can ss each of them and see who's guilty or not. There are a lot of people who use ghost clients though, some people have awful thing but still hit you like a pinger.

9. Accepted

@AlexHandsLs is not saying that. Where does he say "possible"?

10. JazzMagic

He could be wrong, its an assumption that had to be made with the current system we have, and the staff has to agree with such assumption. Screensharing will eliminate assumptions and we will have solid fact. If there is a better way to get rid of assumptions than feel free to say one.

11. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Changing to support, but the punishment system for refusing to SS would have to be very carefully thought out.

12. Accepted

Oh assumptions are everywhere. I'm sitting here assuming that you are human. Look, schreensharing does not get rid of assumptions, eg. old hacked client in the version folders, renamed versions, etc etc. The easiest way to get rid of the doubt is to allow hacking. Look at minetime. There staff don't have to look at hacking reports, only reports about chat etc. Or how about a better anticheat system?

13. Levis

Levis Boss Member

Support

14. Quietus

Quietus Active Member

Ah yes, invade young children's privacy to prove they aren't hacking in a block game. And what about the people who don't know what screensharing is, or find it unsafe? People whose parents disallow them to use Teamspeak and therefore can't click on the TS link? The ones who have links turned off? I wouldn't be surprised if a decent chunk of players are in that group. Furthermore, this would be useless unless you had an idea who is hacking. And imagine what a hassle this could be for actually decent PVPers: every time a staff member logs on and sees them PVPing at a high level, they get stopped to be screen-shared. Those "five minutes" add up. And seeing as users aren't banned upon logging off, as you've said, this can easily be bypassed.

I don't see the point; no support.

And if you think for a second Cypriot is actually going to go through the trouble of implementing this, promoting a whole new staff team dedicated to this, and then manage the staff team and designate another person to teach that staff team, you're wrong.

15. JazzMagic

I'd love to have an upgraded anticheat, but ghost clients can probably bypass it. If you have a better solution to catch ghost hackers besides ss then let us know.

90% of hackers would make that excuse to get out of the situation. If someone who has a legitimate excuse to get out of that, and don't hack, there is always the appeal section.

16. Quietus

Quietus Active Member

And who's to tell they aren't hackers lying in the appeal? My points still stand.

17. JazzMagic

Or they can stay banned. They would need evidence that they don't hack as well to get unbanned.

18. Quietus

Quietus Active Member

Turns hacks off>appeals>accepted>turns hacks on>continues to play>repeat

19. JazzMagic

Its harder to prove that you don't hack, and ss is the best method that Mineverse can incorporate. Do you have any better ideas?

20. SavageTM

SavageTM Well-Known Member

Join.me as a built-in Microphone option. If you aren't able to get teamspeak, than you can communicate through the session. On my server, refusing/unable to screenshare, is a temporary ban of 12 hours, but if you fail to SS 3 times, its a 31 day ban. If you admit, its a 14 day ban. Private information you say? The only files Staff would look at in a "Child's" folder is their .minecraft. You cannot see anything else. And also, it sure is logical for a 9 year old to figure out how to use an Auto-Clicker, or install, and configue Vape. And Decent PvPers? On Mineverse? Your funny, everyone here is garbage, except a select few like myself. Links can be turned on. Quietus you figure out an alternative because this system isn't working. I showed @Kolos today how to SS, and how fast/simple it is. He told me he tried to record 1 person that he knew was ghosting, but video evidence only shows so much. Sure when this format of hackers came to Mineverse... It was all blatant hacks. Now that we are in 2017, people have gotten smart. You are a reason why this server doesn't progress, let's try out new things properly.