x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • SA GbDuck's Re Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by mattenphew, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

Introduction
      Hey there! I'm GbDuck but you may know me as MCRDuck, DinnaeKenTheDuck or even genius506! Today I am re applying for a staff position! I was staff here from the 1st of August 2016 to the 5th of October 2016. So I lasted for 2 months and 5 days! Before you ask "Well I haven't seen you in game for ages" that may be true on this account but I used EthanRedwood while I tried to remember my password which I got back recently. Another reason for that is because I have been busy with school recently, but the worst of it is over! I am from England so I am in the timezone of GMT. Now enough casual chat, let's get into the application. :)

My in-game name
      My in-game name is currently GbDuck! If I decide to change it, I will update the application

What timezone am I in?
      I am in the GMT timezone!

What country am I living in?
      I am currently living in the country of England!

What languages do I speak?
      I speak fluent English, I am learning French and German at school and I know 2 words of chinese xD

Do I have the necessary means of capturing evidence?
      Yes I do. I use Fraps to record and for screenshots I use the minecraft screenshot version.

Why do I think I should become a mod?

Mature
      I believe that I am a very mature person. Yes sometime I do like to have a little bit of a laugh with my friends, but in general I am mature. I never try to start an argument or a flame war, in fact mostly I'm trying to break them up!

Helpful
      I believe I am a helpful person. If someone in chat is asking for some help, I'm normally in a competition to reply first! I also find pleasure in helping people because it makes me think I have done a good deed to help others.

Respect
      In my opinion, I am a respectful person. I do my best to keep my respect equal for everybody! Even if we have had some disputes in the past, I still think everyone is human and should be treated with equality and respect!

Loyal
      I think I am a loyal player to mineverse, if something happens that does not go my way, I would not just go and quit or start advertising for another server to get back at mineverse. Not many people who claim they are loyal, actually aren't. But I think I am a loyal person!

Honesty

I am honest with most things. The only things I am not honest about is personal things. Say if a staff member comes and says I have done something that I should not have done, I don't just lie to them, I would tell them the 100% truth.

Active
      I believe I am an active player on mineverse. I try to get on as much as I can. But I did take a month break after my resignation but that was because I needed it. I am also active on the forums! I am on daily and post on a lot of things!

Friendly
      I am a friendly person on mineverse. I am always trying to make new friends and get along with people! However rarely I can lose my cool and not be very friendly. But that is RARE for me

Awareness
      I am very aware of what goes on around me. I am always checking the chat to see what people have been saying. It's the same story on the forums too! I am always reading the changelog and the News & Announcements section.

Listener
      I listen to every message I receive and try to respond in the best of my ability. If I am to receive a long message, I read it all and respond to it as quick as I can!

Capability
      I am a very capable person. I often have a lot of leisure time and spend most of it towards playing games such as mineverse. I don't crack under pressure like some who aren't very capable for the position.

How active can I be on the server everyday?
      Mondays-Fridays: 3:30- 6:30 6:30- 10:00
      Weekend: 9:00- 11:00 4:30- 6:00 6:00- 10:30

How long have I been playing mineverse for?
      I have been playing mineverse since about December 2013

Have I ever been banned in the past?
      Sadly I have been banned in-game once. I had a small 1v1 against a guy in OP PvP but I was good back then. He reported me but I was NOT hacking. I was banned but unbanned after a appeal.

Do I have any past experience as a moderator?
      Yes I do! I was mod here for just over 2 months. I was Head-Admin on a server that had around 30 players on at once and I was mod on a small server with about 20 people on at once.

Do I meet the requirements for staff?
      Yes I do!

Conclusion
      Thank you for stopping by to read my application! Please make sure you have read it well. Feedback is always welcome! Have a great day!

Support count
      Supports: 28
      Neutrals: 11
      No supports: 10

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    2. Tigerz

Tigerz Boss Member

YES FIRST AND FULL SUPPORT

*edit* just do more reports

3. Wolfie

Wolfie Boss Member

Support. :)

4. ferras

ferras Legendary Member

No Support. You were mean to me, and you're not active.

5. Connor_

Connor_ Well-Known Member

Support!!!

6. Baby

Baby Well-Known Member

Support :). You were active as a mod

7. WhyteDuck

WhyteDuck Boss Member

Support ^

8. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

No Support: ur mean.

-- Full support.

It'd be lovely to work with you again, although you took a fall in the past couple months; you still did a good job. I'd honestly really enjoy working with you again :)

9. Benko

Benko Boss Member

No support, you're hardly ingame.

10. jezz

jezz Well-Known Member

SUPPORT

11. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Neutral.
      I think you have a good chance, and I would look forward to working with you, but do more reports and I'd love to see you in game.

At this point in time a month or half a month back you were pretty hostile to players and were being quite salty... I hope this doesn't happen again anytime soon.

After all this, I am balancing this out because I really think I can work with you and you'd be an awesome Moderator again.

12. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

Thanks and I am working on reports right now!
      Thanks Wolfie <3
      I would like to know when I was mean to you? I am working on my activity. Maybe you have seen me on my alt EthanRedwood? Thanks for the feedback.
      Thank you connor!
      Thanks Baby!
      Thanks Whyte
      Thank you Elliot!
      I acknowledge the fact that my activity has not been the greatest recently. Maybe you have seen me on my alt EthanRedwood? Thanks for the feedback :)
      Thanks Joob :)
      I do admit that I was pretty salty but I really needed to let a vent out. Then I stopped. I'm trying my best with activity and reports currently. Thanks for the feedback Andrew :)

13. ferras

ferras Legendary Member

Well, you called me a bunch of stuff on skype.

14. mattenphew

Oh then. I was joking around like we both were. I didn't want to hurt your feelings. It was simply a bit of fun.

15. ferras

ferras Legendary Member

I did not leak your skype, just what you said.

16. Kyaaaal

Kyaaaal Legendary Member

Neutral. Would've preferred if you were active in reports before you created your application, not afterwards, and on-top of that, I would like to see more of you in general. I've not really seen anything of you in probably over a month, maybe even longer.

So, to conclude:

- Get Active
      - Do reports
      - Be helpful
      - Be Mature

17. mattenphew

It showed my skype name, people can find it from there.
      I understand your reasoning here Kyle. Yes it wasn't the smartest idea to create my application when I did.
      However I do believe I have not lost my maturity and Helpfulness.

18. Kyaaaal

Kyaaaal Legendary Member

I'm not saying you've "lost" anything, I just want to see more of it.

19. mattenphew

Ahh I got you man! Thanks for the feedback :)

20. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

Honestly; to my friends, I act different than I do when I know things I say are being judged upon.
      For example; my behaviour or general respect will be much higher than when I am talking in Skype to my friend, and I think that is a natural thing.

I don't think @GbDuck was saying these things to offend you rather than that's the way he is to people he may consider friends. The reason I'm defending Gb in this situation is because: I know he is capable of being a good moderator, and being respectable, but I know friendship or the way you talk to friends does change when you know you're not (or think you're not) affecting anyone.

Again: I know GB wouldn't act this way if he were say; in global chat, or talking to a player who needed help :)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.