x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Survival Fair Baltop Prize Suggestion on Survival

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KevCraft04255, Jul 1, 2020.

?

Support?

1. Yes

50.0%
    2. No

50.0%
    1. KevCraft04255

KevCraft04255 Experienced Member

Every month there's a prize for the top 3 people with the highest total balance. I feel like instead of giving it to the players with the highest total balance, it should be done as the 3 people that earned the most that month so it can be more fair, since the top 3 people are so ahead of everyone in /baltop already.

2. jessdum

jessdum Active Member

support. :D

3. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Neutral - I can see where you’re coming from, but I think that it’ll be hard to track since some people store money on alts etc (people can just move money to alts and exploit the system)

4. Swift

Swift Boss Member

This is the main reason it hasn't been added.
      Kinsey had asked for both but in the end it was figured that it would just have the same issues of doing it for global Baltop, the command existing for /pay just ruins it that you can just move your balance to another account.

5. oliver turner

oliver turner Experienced Member

NEUTRAL

Fully understand why you'd be upset that the Top 3 are receiving winnings when they're at the top already, however also think it will encourage players to try there best to get to the top to win those prizes in the future. I also see your point with the player who have earned the most within the previous month and think that it is just as good, however one flaw would be people just paying there balances to there alternative accounts! Unless there would be a good fair way to resolve this problem.

- Oturner

6. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

Baltop being lifetime result in less issues than it being monthly. What prevents Tak from selling his 20mil right now to you for 100k on OP PvP for example? Surely you'd go +20mil this month then..? And even if we made the monthly baltop stats ignore /pay, you could easily bypass that by the use of /ah or chest shops. Let's say we make the monthly baltop ignore those too, are we purely going to base it off of selling items directly to shop then? That cuts out a huge chunk of how people make money on Survival such as selling spawners, enchanted tools, etc though... That honestly just ruins the game and favours old players with grinders, sell wands and sell multipliers. Teams could also just give all their items to their "team leader" and have that person sell it for them. Example: Discomfit, Aly and I could save up 10 dubs of diamond blocks for Accept to sell, so he's the one that gains the money. At that point, why not just let us sell it ourselves and /pay him. Tak could also spend his 20mil on blocks in /shop and then re-sell them for it to say he has gained 10mil this month. There is no way to make monthly baltop fair and will just result in unnecessary punishing.

Either way I think the real problem lays with how people make trades to borrow people's money temporarily in an attempt to get on baltop. It's also annoying how friends (gabby & tak vs sheshy & strafe) could just pay their partner to beat the other team time after time. It's hard to govern this though and I feel like making rules will just punish those who are willing to follow them. It's easy to evade them essentially. Tak could easily sell gabby 4 elytras for 250k each for her to give tak 1mil. They shouldn't be prohibited to trade just because they're a team.

Essentially: I find it more fair that baltop is based on lifetime stats and it's easier for players to understand this. mcmmo and quests are monthly - and I think it's fine to have one category that favours old players. So unfortunately it's a no from me.

7. OverLard

OverLard Active Member

I was not aware that mcmmo and quest were monthly but even without that the point is trade. It isn't always about how much you can make in a month but rather how big of an "empire" you can build.

8. Swift

Swift Boss Member

just turned mcmmo monthly pretty recently and quests has been monthly for quite a while now, maybe the first week it was global but now it goes off by monthly you could see this via /quest top for monthly and /quest alltime for global.

how will this be decided via a monthly balance vs global balance? i could easily give this to kinsey but as sando said.. it really would be no different as there's so many options that can be used to pay other people via chest shops, auction house, /pay.. and blocking them would block legitmate trades that should count towards your balance. The only difference that would be made if I had made a monthly balance was that it would turn to $0 at the end of the month, nothing more.

9. OverLard

OverLard Active Member

Edit: How did I mess up quoting so badly? I have no idea what I did.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    10. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Then it sounds like you can do this with the global balance, it sounded like you were against what sando said lol.