x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Factions (GENERAL ISSUES) (Suggestions) Overall Review.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PurpleCookie16, Apr 20, 2015.

1. PurpleCookie16

PurpleCookie16 Active Member

Before I begin I would like to give most of the credit to Cryptic because he does have a post with some of the things I'm going to cover.
      So I am quite disappointed in what I have seen on factions from my experience playing it.
      Let me explain. I'm probably going to rant.

PvP

Every time I step outside of spawn, no matter what I will always die. Now people do team I understand that but I mean the majority of factions is a joke! And even if I were to kill someone they can just ender pearl back into spawn /heal and be done with it. I'm not saying everyone hacks but the amount of swearing, rudeness, and overall community on there is horrible.

Shops

The shops feels, like someone just put a bunch of signs together without actually checking what materials might be important to put in the shop. For example, you can't even buy spawners. I can't stress this enough.. Factions without spawners!! Well yes silk touch pick's you can go find spawners and mine them yourself! That's great for x-rayers and people who use hacks but for the people that don't well, it's not so fun is it? Now. Not every spawner hast to be implemented, for example Pigmen would make PvP worse because of OP apples. Endermen could be added but it doesn't horribly need to be. Skeleton and Zombie should be fine and so should Iron Golem. If we were to add Iron golem reduce the price of Iron! It's terribly overpriced for the sell as it is.. People that hack just make bank from that. The shop itself has empty slots in it as if someone got lazy on the job and said eh this is good enough they don't need any more.. WHY?!?!

Spawn:
      Ok, sorry if this one is harsh but I honestly have no idea how this can happen. If you do /f map
      in spawn there is a piece claimed by a faction. Why?

Community:
      This is by far the worst, I have tons of screen shots but I can't upload them for some reason. The amount of swearing, and people getting away with is very bad. I went on there for 5 minutes and I saw people swearing, arguing, and it ruins the experience. My friend I wanted to play factions with him on here, he says "it's just not a good factions server the community there is terrible and I would play it with you but it's bad." So he recommended another server. I am not giving up on this server because it should have the right to grow, and be more community friendly.

Raiding:
      I haven't had a chance to raid myself but from Cryptic's post, it looks like it's nearly impossible to raid. I won't cover this much but for example, at spawn add a demonstration build of a tnt cannon like you would add a demonstration build of a cobblestone generator in skyblock. If you wanted to make things really cool, allow people to test it only using kitty cannons. ;)

Please consider the things I have said, I would love to play factions on mineverse the server has so much potential, so many things can get done with this community. Sorry for my rant but I just can not take it anymore.. Factions needs an update I hope that most of you would agree with that. But to be honest I just can't seem to play much of factions.. The amount of disrespect I see on there and the things that need to be added make it hard to play. I will still play it but just it's hard. I would strongly suggest adding more mod's there.

Thanks for reading, PurpleCookie16

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    2. Feurin

Feurin Boss Member

Support.

3. Tdog73

Tdog73 Active Member

Support

4. UncleUrnesto

UncleUrnesto Boss Member

Before I begin I would like to give most of the credit to Cryptic because he does have a post with some of the things I'm going to cover.
      So I am quite disappointed in what I have seen on factions from my experience playing it.
      Let me explain. I'm probably going to rant.

PvP

Every time I step outside of spawn, no matter what I will always die. Now people do team I understand that but I mean the majority of factions is a joke! And even if I were to kill someone they can just ender pearl back into spawn /heal and be done with it. I'm not saying everyone hacks but the amount of swearing, rudeness, and overall community on there is horrible.

You're God right? You have access to /heal and you have abilities to obtain the item. If you hear swearing, rudeness, then report them.

Shops

The shops feels, like someone just put a bunch of signs together without actually checking what materials might be important to put in the shop. For example, you can't even buy spawners. I can't stress this enough.. Factions without spawners!! Well yes silk touch pick's you can go find spawners and mine them yourself! That's great for x-rayers and people who use hacks but for the people that don't well, it's not so fun is it? Now. Not every spawner hast to be implemented, for example Pigmen would make PvP worse because of OP apples. Endermen could be added but it doesn't horribly need to be. Skeleton and Zombie should be fine and so should Iron Golem. If we were to add Iron golem reduce the price of Iron! It's terribly overpriced for the sell as it is.. People that hack just make bank from that. The shop itself has empty slots in it as if someone got lazy on the job and said eh this is good enough they don't need any more.. WHY?!?!

So you think that Noobcrew/CypriotMerks did a horrible job at the shop? Then go play a different factions. Remember Factions have been released only 2 weeks ago and you think it can all be fixed. So you think that iron golem spawners should be added but not pigmen? You could farm iron and you can sell the iron for some good money. First off NO server can stop people from Xraying.

Spawn:
      Ok, sorry if this one is harsh but I honestly have no idea how this can happen. If you do /f map
      in spawn there is a piece claimed by a faction. Why?

Then contact CypriotMerks.

Community:
      This is by far the worst, I have tons of screen shots but I can't upload them for some reason. The amount of swearing, and people getting away with is very bad. I went on there for 5 minutes and I saw people swearing, arguing, and it ruins the experience. My friend I wanted to play factions with him on here, he says "it's just not a good factions server the community there is terrible and I would play it with you but it's bad." So he recommended another server. I am not giving up on this server because it should have the right to grow, and be more community friendly.

The community is great, if you and your friend don't like it then get the f*ck out of here, upload the screenshots to tinypic.com.

Raiding:
      I haven't had a chance to raid myself but from Cryptic's post, it looks like it's nearly impossible to raid. I won't cover this much but for example, at spawn add a demonstration build of a tnt cannon like you would add a demonstration build of a cobblestone generator in skyblock. If you wanted to make things really cool, allow people to test it only using kitty cannons. ;)

You want him to add a dermonstration of a TNT cannon when there's a thing called Youtube? I don't even know what you said at the ending.

Please consider the things I have said, I would love to play factions on mineverse the server has so much potential, so many things can get done with this community. Sorry for my rant but I just can not take it anymore.. Factions needs an update I hope that most of you would agree with that. But to be honest I just can't seem to play much of factions.. The amount of disrespect I see on there and the things that need to be added make it hard to play. I will still play it but just it's hard. I would strongly suggest adding more mod's there.

Thanks for reading, PurpleCookie16

What do you mean by an update? We all wanted a reset and it happened and everyone complains that it's not good enough. Moderators are hard to choose and they need to be familiar with the game-mode.

5. PurpleCookie16

PurpleCookie16 Active Member

I find your post extremely funny. It's not people just with /heal first of all, tons of people are hacking yet daily I see don't see mods on. As for the swearing you're a prime example "The community is great, if you and your friend don't like it then get the **** out of here." Yes there's something called youtube I use it I'm sure you do too. Again this is just a suggestion to add the cannon at spawn, it's not really needed of course but it might add something. And the part I find funny is were you say "factions have been released two weeks ago" as if they didn't have factions before.. They had a reset because of a money outbreak yes? By update I mean make things better, add things that should be added.. Before you come and tell me to get the **** out of here.. Know this, I'm trying to make things improve on not only factions, but mineverse too. And no I don't think NoobCrew and CypriotMerks did a horrible job on their server I think they did a great job. Their server is ranked at #2 on minecraftserverlist and is constantly improving. I play this server everyday and it's my favorite server. No server can stop people from x-raying yes, but it can be cut down.. there's no x-ray protection, and I say Iron golem only because it is in most factions, pigmen would ruin pvp.. You really want OP apples everywhere? This is really all I haft to say, thanks for showing me respect.. I can tell the community is really great. @UncleUrnesto

6. Terrick

Terrick Experienced Member

For one, Uncle, language.
      Secondly, the improvements you mentioned are not all out of spite, understood, however, some are just unreasonable.
      A build for a shop was built prior to its existence with signs, thus forcing the shop to be built to size, recommendations for shop items are completely warranted, but not on the top priority, shop spots will be empty.

As for X-Ray, yes, it can be stopped, there are plugins out there that make every block look like an ore underground.

Spawners in the shop, not exactly going to happen due to the lack of economy in them if that was the case, if you wish life to be that easy, OP Factions.

Factions at spawn were fixed, but occur randomly with no explanation, the region was expanded when the "exploit" was found out, and brought up immediately when it happened, ensuring a quick response to fix it.

The community isn't picked by the owners/admins, so that's not even possible as a solution, any server owner would choose a player over its lack of players, due to the need for players to receive donations and make the server look huge. While players are muted and banned, appeals are allowed, and consistent rule breakers will eventually be banned for a while until Crew finds it necessary to reset the ban list and allow them back on (only to be banned again if they do stupid things again). Side note, people who are considered a "threat" and or a "nuisance with no end" are not unbanned.

A TNT cannon would be pointless at spawn, but I understand your reasoning, however, it's common knowledge by now, and there's a better chance to find a better TNT cannon with a full explanation easier online.

As for staff, that's a pick and choose with high chance of failure. Not everyone can be a great mod, and yes, people have flaws that people tend to over exaggerate and over react to. It's just how life works, and those who are considered "bad" are reported and dealt with, it's just a lack of reports from players who complain ingame and do nothing about it, as they expect we watch over the server daily to find people ourselves.

As for /heal being a command, ender pearls are disabled outside of the spawn region for quite a bit, if not, that'll be fixed soon, however, it's a donor command for a reason. While it's OP, it's a command offered to people who support the server, sorry if that bugs you. The problem you're coming up with doesn't really make sense, as a tactic used by another player is meant to avoid death, whether they taunt you or not, you forced them to flee, that's a victory within itself.

7. Diggy

Diggy Island Boy Premium

Neutral.

8. ohMatriix

ohMatriix Experienced Member

Neutral