x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • OP PvP /duel command for 1v1s

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nicy, May 23, 2019.

1. Nicy

Nicy Experienced Member

It should be clear to everyone that OP PvP is the main attraction on Mineverse. It’s a great server with an amazing concept. However, in this server, you have people who will lose fights and then tell you to fight them on another server. People will often request to fight on a different server because they have to try to prove that they are better than you (even though they lost,) or its just a ping issue. This can sometimes drive people away from Mineverse and on to another network. Because of this, I think a great addition to OP PvP should be a /duel command. Here’s how it works:

1.) If accepted, the two players will be teleported into a flat-ground arena, away from everyone else.

2.) Each players’ inventories will be cleared and will spawn with the standard /kit op gear. (This is just during the duel, after the duel the players will be sent to their previous location with their inventories returned)

3.) Players will not receive a kill reward. (To prevent boosting)

I’d like to hear what you guys think! Although this would be a simple addition, I feel it would be majorly effective. Please feel free to type what you feel could make the feature better! I’m super open to hearing what you guys have to say. Thank you for reading :)

2. Rony

Rony Experienced Member

Add it.

3. Vincent~

Vincent~ Experienced Member

I like the idea but I can't picture this happening below the spawn for example. I can mainly see this in a special area of the map like an arena or something.

4. Lamborghini

Lamborghini Active Member

support support support support support support

5. Nicy

Nicy Experienced Member

Right? I think it would be great! People vote no support, but don’t leave constructive criticism so I can’t improve what I was saying.

Yea exactly. As stated in 1.) Players will be teleported to a flat-ground arena, away from everyone else. That was included. :)

Thanks man :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2019
    6. Vincent~

Vincent~ Experienced Member

Oof I skimmed over this and misread number 1. I like the idea honestly.

7. Swift

Swift Boss Member

I don't think you have enough suggestion within this for what you want to be added and why /duel should be a thing. Other servers that have duels have things like bets where the players can bet money and/or items for who wins the duel and while also having things like rules where they can disable potions, gapples and even bows or something of that nature. People should also have the option to duel in custom gear and not be forced to use /kit op. We also don't even have an arena so maybe if you want this to be added quicker or at all try and submit one if you can build at all.

8. Nicy

Nicy Experienced Member

I don’t understand what you mean by this, it doesn’t make any sense. I stated the reason n0 money will be rewarded regardless of bets is to prevent boosting. If boosting is something that you support, this thread is not for you. The reason the gear would be /kit op would be to keep everything equal and simple and have it solely based on SKILL. If adding custom kits like Titan for example were added, people would find ways to glitch free sharpness 30 swords out of the arena. If you payed any attention to the thread, it was stated that players would be teleported to a flat-ground arena away from everyone else. In zero ways does this require build skill. It would be a flat grass plot surrounded with glass. Please read the entire thread!

But regardless, I DO appreciate the response. It’s important to receive input from the community as you may know. Thank you.

Ah, thank you! Your support is much appreciated. I truly think this would be a great addition and I’m glad you think so too. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2019
    9. Swift

Swift Boss Member

If you think people wouldn't be able to glitch out of a flat arena with just a glass wall built then welp you'd be wrong. How would boosting happen if the dueler needs items and/or money to in fact bet anything which would be easier to just bot farm then do this method. I don't see the logic in your reply.
      I really think you just assume everything can go wrong. Put some creativity and thought into it.
      Also every single famous pvp server with duels has betting, custom rules and custom kits to use and glitching doesn't happen on there but then again this is mineverse. I doubt this will be added with the lack of detail you put into it.

Also you shouldn't double/triple post cause that's considered post farming aka against the rules and instead just reply to all of the replies together.

10. Swift

Swift Boss Member

sigh.
      1.) You can glitch out of glass blocks with enderpearls and since you want it to be a flat plot that means you can go and find the arena yourself without having to be in a duel since someone could just tell you the coordinates inside of a duel and you can glitch out of the glass dome map and just walk on over there.. also you say there will be only one arena? so only 1v1 can go on at a time? what if those players don't actually pvp and just sit there and help each other escape? how will you stop that?
      2.) They can just /pay the money why would you use the duel to get the bot farmed money, are you even thinking?
      3.) sigh sigh sigh any popular factions server or pvp server. There's a big one owned by PrestonPlayz the youtuber surely you know of it that has this exactly.
      if you don't know of any duel pvp servers that have these features that's legit on you because all the popular duel plugins even include it this isn't the case of someone being hurt lol.

[1] https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/duels.20171/
      [2] https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/duelme-beta-spigot-1-8-8-1-13-1-only.541/
      [3] https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/✦-staking-dueling-1v1-✦-1-8-1-13-x-supported-✦-duel-players-for-staked-items-money-✦.57226/
      [4] https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mcduels-pvp-bots-mysql-parties-scoreboard-and-more.42131/

The way you suggest it sounds no fun and no customization allowed so I'm gonna say no support until then.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    11. Lamborghini

You’re completely over complicating things here, and you’re putting things way out of perspective.

12. Swift

Swift Boss Member

If you're gonna add something, add it the right way :). Also was just explaining to him how a lot of pvp servers that have /duel have it setup the way I explained even the best plugins that are for dueling use it that way. Disabling features that are mostly used for duels wouldn't be fun.

13. Lamborghini

I agree completely with you. You could’ve just said that above instead of typing five essays in favor of your perspective.

Good day

14. Nicy

Nicy Experienced Member

I know man. He’s super hurt. I don’t know why he’s so upset haha.
      Agreed! :)

15. Turtle.

Turtle. Experienced Member

Support! Love the idea. It makes things easier when having 1v1s because sometimes you end up getting attacked by other people and it is annoying. This would be a great add on.

16. Boobalyboo

Boobalyboo Well-Known Member

Theres a lot of good reasons. Players will fight each other normally, and want to go on another server to see whos better, Instead of having them go off mineverse, they can have the option to do it on op pvp.
      Also, it doesnt have to be glass, use barriers. Not everything has to be about any other server. The whole suggestion is to add something fun to MINEVERSE.
      Also, this was explained perfectly fine. I don't understand why it has to be so complicated to add a simple flat arena, surround it by barries, and make a fair kit for it. I support this idea as it's convenient and well explained.

17. Lamborghini

Yep

18. trinityy

trinityy stan boba Premium

I don't see where he was hurt?

And I no support this, if you want to 1v1 either go off far somewhere since most people will pvp under spawn or enderpearl out of the glass dome and pvp out there. But that's just my opinion. But if isn't that hard to add, do it ig.

19. Nicy

Nicy Experienced Member

Exactly! Thank you for your support! It’s much appreciated :)

I agree COMPLETELY! Thank you Boo, you never go unnoticed :)

20. Swift

Swift Boss Member

I don't understand why you think that's complicated to do honestly. Look at it this way:
      [​IMG]
      This is the distance between the glass dome and the border. If a flat arena were to be added where would it go? If you were to go outside the barrier wall you auto take damage and if he were to expand the world border to go further out then people could go out and do things that the world border was there to prevent I assume. and it doesn't seem like op pvp has the plugin to create another world on it or at least that I can see it on there.

Either way I believe people go to another server to duel because it has the functions to do so properly. I don't think adding a simple 1v1 /duel here would prevent that and they would still leave if there's not really any customization about it. Sorry if that was not clear as I was explaining it but that's what I believe and I'm gonna stick to that opinion.

Last edited: May 23, 2019