x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Forums Due Process?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by flames83, Dec 27, 2016.

1. flames83

flames83 Active Member

I reported a person, and they got away with advertising because of some small detail that didn't really matter. They asked people to come to creative for the IP to their server. I think there should be some process for staff members to screen viable reports from ones with a real lack of evidence. I have experienced in the past staff members throwing reports out the window because of a lack of evidence, even though someone has been affected by it. 3/3 of my legitimate reports on players have been denied, because the evidence was 'consequential'. This tells me that staff have no real process of deciding whether or not a person deserves a punishment. My evidence may have had holes, but the things these people are saying are obviously showing that they are breaking the rules, and staff is assuming a more far-fetched proposition over the more likely scenario with more evidence. I'm not trying to hate on the staff, but instead of helping innocent people remain unbanned, they're letting guilty people go free. Of course they are excellent at catching hackers and whatnot, but they are missing rule-breakers that are involved with player-to-player interactions, such as scamming, advertising, which greatly impact players' experience with the game, all because they aren't looking broadly enough at these reports. Of course, it isn't fair to just assume and accept reports for no reason, but you can't lean too much to the side of the suspect either. The staff is more like a lawyer, and they need to be like a judge.
      I've broken the rules in the past, and in a way getting caught is justice for all concerned, so i would suggest trying to create a process in which rule-breakers can be dealt with more effectively. Just a thought.

*THIS IS NOT MEANT TO CRITICIZE STAFF, IT IS TO GIVE A SUGGESTION FOR BETTER EFFICIENCY*​

2. UncleUrnesto

UncleUrnesto Boss Member

3. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

Support.

4. Baby

Baby Well-Known Member

Support. :)

5. AngeloLagusa

AngeloLagusa Active Member

Support ;}

6. Linux

Linux Boss Member

Support, but,
      That small detail was them advertising.

7. Alana

Alana Well-Known Member

Support

8. _Rlxtreme_

_Rlxtreme_ Experienced Member

First off, what was the evidence provided? Was it a modified picture or part of a screenshot? If so they can't really accept it due to fake screenshots that are modified. They also can't accept screenshots that are cut for that main reason. I don't believe they have a bad report process unless this was a legit screenshot in which case it might have been a accident. I'm neutral at this time for those reasons.

9. Kyra

Kyra Well-Known Member

Agreed, otherwise Support.

10. flames83

flames83 Active Member

The screenshots were unedited, and showed chat of the person saying "come to creative for the IP to my gta server" i went to creative, and he gave me a book and quill with the IP. My thoughts are that THAT was enough reason to suspect him of something. Him saying "who wants to be staff on my new GTA server?" And "Come to creative for the IP". Also, after i received the book, it showed in the screenshot that he had said in plot-chat "That's the IP, see you there" So i wouldn't think that them knowing whether or not he gave me that book would be all that relevant, even though he did.

11. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

Please don't shout at me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are allowed to give your Ip's to someone in a book or via /msg.
      And since he never said it in public chat, it's not a ban.

The above I think counts even if the picture is unedited.

12. ItsSniiper

ItsSniiper Boss Member

Support.

13. flames83

flames83 Active Member

He was using public chat on GTA to get people to come to creative for the IP.

14. Ertuiop

Ertuiop Well-Known Member

Support, I once reported a player for death threats and he got away with it just because it wasn't a full screenshot.