x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Closed Application. -Toby [Locked]

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Marc-Antoine Ranger, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Marc-Antoine Ranger

Marc-Antoine Ranger Active Member

THIS APPLICATION IS CLOSED. YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT. I'M GOING TO MAKE A NEW ONE!

Hello,

Just to mention that this application is made by me, and I'd definitely like to keep the copyright of it as i don't want people to use it back.

My In-Game name is Tobyranger

I am Currently 18 Years old born on November 29 1996.

I'm living in Canada, Montreal. So my time zone is obviously East Timezone (Utc-5:00)

What language can i speak? I'm speaking English And French. My based language is French, even tho I'm talking perfectly English.

Why do i want to be mod ? Why should i be a mod?
      I have a passion for Help. When I moderate, I feel decent. I feel excellent knowing I did my part to help stop all the hackers, bullies, and such. Even so, Helping isn't a solo job. It's a team job. You must work with the other moderators. Not one person can do all the work, though. That's why it's a team job. You must know your team, trust your team, and work with your team. And I know I can do just that. I haven't had an issue with a moderator yet. It's a good sign when you don't argue with your "team."

And then in every team, there is a captain, or leader. And I want to do just that. I may not be the most experienced of the pack, but it doesn't mean I can't step up to the plate and try to be the best I can be.

I also have a lot of confidence and maturity when dealing with ban appeals, player reports, and arguments in general. I try to keep the arguments as calm as I can, but I'll get a staff member if it gets out of hand to the point where I can't do anything.

I also love helping. I play it cool though. I play it natural. Most of the time I won't go out in chat and ask if anyone needs help, but if someone has a question, I try to answer it as quick as possible. I also like helping the new players who often get ignored.

How long can i be active on the server? From when do i play minecraft?
      I've played minecraft since the alpha version of it. I've played Mineverse since 1 year and a half (Aprox.)

Have i ever been banned on the server?
      Yes, I'll say it, i was a ''Trouble-Maker'' in the first month's, I've played. I was lying about my age and was pissing off the server. That's basically why i quit for over 6-7 month. However, now I'm back into a new person, and I'd love to help the server moderation.
      Do i have any past experience being a moderator?
      I've been staff on multiple decent popular servers. 2 exactly, ObsidianPrison and ReactiveMc. I think i'm not bad at it and i know how to be really serious and be really funny. (I've resigned on the 2) I never really got 'demoted'.

Which 2 servers I'd like to handle and moderate?
      I'd love to moderate KitPvP And OpPrison if possible.
      Anything else i'd like to add?
      Hey, I'm 18 years old I know everyone tends to say that, but I nearly never get angry with anyone, and instead deal with it how it should be dealt with. I tend to have a very playful and memorable attitude and. In my experience, that attitude creates an environment where people are more willing to cooperate and strive to enjoy themselves. I tend to come across as extremely motherly and caring, and that's because I honestly do wish the best for everyone and hope to aid them in all areas. I'm quick to warn and correct, but always keep a polite attitude, even when the situation remains unchanged after a warning. The only thing that may hinder me from being a good mod is that I can't stand discussion about politics or religion, and may jump at that. Otherwise, I'm very creative and organized and love to spend extra time keeping everything neat and manageable.

(Note: I'm good with Coding/Installing/Setuping plugins. I've begun coding with Html and CSS and a bit of Java. Currently taking a college class for java. If you ever need help with installing something, ask me. :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    2. melgrath

melgrath Experienced Member

Good Day,

I wanted to take some time to offer some feedback based on your current application. There are a number of things that I think may help you moving forward.

The largest thing I noticed was some grammar issues throughout the application. There were a number of abbreviated sentences and too few commas. Keep in mind that this is fairly minor, but if copying and pasting the text into something like MS Word helps resolve a few of those, it may lend more professionalism to the application.

You may also wish to do a read through one more time as I noticed a few typos that would be easily remedied. Examples of a few provided below.

Please keep in mind this application is in many ways similar to applying for a real job. You need to work to convince not only the owners of the server, but the community as well, that you are professional and would be a good fit for the position. Taking the time to eliminate grammar, spelling, and "shorthand" typing will go far in showing the audience this.

I would definitely encourage expanding on the various sections, specifically the "Why do you think you should be a moderator?" and "Do you have any past moderator experience?"

In the above two sections, it may be beneficial to cover some traits or life experiences that would help prove to the community that you are ready and able to fulfill this position. Unfortunately the current application process can rely heavily on players who may never have interacted with you, so you need to do your best to convince them with a professional and thoughtful application.

As to the Moderator experiences, perhaps some details on tough situations you found yourself placed in, and the ways you resolved them. Perhaps explain how you have changed over the course of your time as a staff member and any self-improvement you may have made showing maturation over time.

The last small thing that bothers me, is your birthdate versus age. You mention that you are 18, but born in 1995. Being that this is 2015, this implies you should be 19. (as November has not happened of course yet meaning you would be 20) You have also mentioned you had lied previously about your age so hopefully this is not the case now. If you could please let us know why there is this discrepancy, it would be appreciated.

Best of luck with your application.

Cheers,
      Melgrath

3. Blocky

Blocky Experienced Member

This is a good solid start however!
      -Become Active member.
      -Fix spelling/grammar mistakes.
      -Know the community better.
      -List qualities/qualifications that can help you. e.g.
      Calm
      Patient etc.
      ~Blocky

4. Valor

Valor Well-Known Member

Good luck.

5. Naga

Naga Experienced Member

I saw you today for the first time.

6. Marc-Antoine Ranger

Hello,

Yes you probably have saw me today for the first time as it's one of the first time i come online, the last time i came online was about 7-8 month ago, which is a long time, i totaly agree i need to fix some grammer, i would require just a bit of assistance as i'm not based english. I'm a French Canadien who basicly try his best to become an english man, but with minecraft servers, the problem is that people are normaly 10-16 years old. So they use abreviation, most of the time i don't even know it's an abreviation haha. I will inbox you, melgrath, hopefully you can help me fix my application. Thank you for the rest of the people who support's me.

-Toby
      (EDIT: I just fixed a bunch of errors on the application)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    7. Blocky

Je peux parlez français :)

8. Marc-Antoine Ranger

Hello,

Haha that's funny, (Not going to talk here in french) But you can inbox me for sure :p.

9. HotBritishNoodle

HotBritishNoodle Experienced Member

10. Spice

Spice Boss Member

No support.
      You (if you are the one and the same tobyranger) were terrible to the people of MV back then, and it will take a lot of time for you to prove your newfound decency.

11. Marc-Antoine Ranger

Hello,

Yeah it's me parkourguy :P. I'm back, and i would love to be considered as a new person. Will you keep something of 10 month ago still up ?

12. Skylanderdavid

Skylanderdavid Experienced Member

No support.

I've only seen you online once, that was on survival and you were death warping

13. Marc-Antoine Ranger

Hello,

First of all, i have never 'Death warping' or whatever you call it. It's probably the first time you see me on because you weren't online 10 months ago.
      I was active 24/7 10-11 months ago, you just weren't there.

14. Skylanderdavid

Was your old name tobyranger12?

15. Marc-Antoine Ranger

Hello,

Indeed, it was, i changed it to Tobyranger due to the '12' anoying people haha. You probably saw alof of /warp toby or /warp tobyranger or /warp tobyranger12. they were probably all death trap, we're they made by me just because it has my name ? No.

Thank you,
      -Toby

16. Skylanderdavid

image.jpg

17. Marc-Antoine Ranger

Hello,

In the screenshot you just sent, you see that someone ask me if i made warp toby, i reply ''Nope'' Because i didin't DUH ?
      You screenshoted me saying Warp Toby, you didin't even screenshot the rest of the conversation.
      Why is there a warp there ? It was set by Stevepigman or a person like that that already came to my base, after it got destroyed my me and some naza member. It's the same day when i blowed up my 70 double chest of loot.

18. Marc-Antoine Ranger

Bumping the thread as it as been over 10 days now :).

19. Naga

Naga Experienced Member

Is this how a player applying for moderator should act? Giving out other players accounts? I don't know if these are real, but if these are other players accounts then shame on you. You gave 3 accounts email and password.
      2015-04-12_20.10.17.png 2015-04-12_20.10.21.png

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    20. Blocky

Thanks I needed a new account to ban evade! jk jk.
      Good job!

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.