x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA Bill's app {MV}

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by BillCipher, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. BillCipher

BillCipher Experienced Member

Disclaimer
      Unfortunately, I have lied, cheated, and hacked in the past. I believe in light of recent events, that I have what it takes to become mod. I fell like I have matured over the 3 years that I have been playing mineverse. I am confident that I can do this. I don't want people to think of me as an immature kid. I want to show them that I can do this.
      Your in-game name:
      BillCipher_

What timezone are you in?
      MST

What country do you live in?
      U.S.A.

What languages do you speak?
      English and Spanish. I am planning to learn Russian in school.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No
      Yes.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
      Yes I do. I currently have video editing software downloaded. I also have bandicam, and my laptops screen recorder.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
      Strict
      This is what a lot of mods are soft about. If a mod sees a hacker they kick them or most of the time, mute them. If someone is breaking the rules they kick them. If someone is spamming they temp mute them. If I was mod I will ban hackers. I will kick/ban rule breakers, and I will mute spammers. I was not raised strict, but if I have too. I can be strict. I will also warn people for their offense if it isn't a big problem

Kind
      This is also what a lot of mods are soft about. If mods see a spammer they ban them. With me I will be kind, but not too kind. I also am kind within game stuff. If someone needs money, I try to help them out and give them money.

Lack of mods/Active
      Mods are sometimes inactive in game; I see them active on forums but barely any mods in game. I am active on forums AND in game, I keep my forums account open all day and I check it every 5 minutes while playing Minecraft. The main point is, there should be mods on every server and there are a TON of hackers and no mods. On skyblock there are even More hackers when I am on late an night. I hope if I become a mod, I will record, and ban the hackers.

Honesty
      I am honest, and truthful in all situations. I sometimes see mods that aren’t honest or truthful. Also I only lied once. I told person that I will pay him money on skyblock because he was poor but I had no money. I understand that some mods were demoted for abusing but I wouldn’t ever think to abuse. I am honest. I have lied before., but I hope that you all can forgive me. I keep all my promises.

Temperate
      This goes with the last part of Honesty. Also I wouldn’t abuse out of anger or temper. I would use my powers to ban and mute correctly. One more thing, I know how to control my temper and not lash out or rage when I get mad.

Patience
      This is a major thing that mods need to focus on. I have a lot of patience for in game stuff and in real life stuff. I practice patience almost every day when I order items online for my personal needs or my family needs.

Helpful
      I am helpful. When someone needs help I help them. When someone needs a mod I try to help them by getting a mods attention. If someone has a problem, I will go to their aid almost instantly because not only is it my job. I love to help people

Steadfast
      I am Steadfast. Other people’s opinions and any player reputation wont apply to any punishment I would make. I may have a reputation of being immature and a hacker, but I hope that I can show everyone that I am not immature. I don't hack anymore.

Fair
      I am fair with all decisions I make. I try to be fair with everything I do and I will be fair with any punishments I make. Some mods aren’t fair with punishments but I will try to be fair. Also some mods ban people right on the spot, without proof. When I ban I record the proof then ban them, or else I wouldn't be following the rules

Mature
      I may not be the most mature person ever, but I try to be mature. I believe am mature for my age and I believe up for the task of moderating

Organized
      I am very organized, and I will be organized when I am a mod. The best piece of advice I have ever heard was "everything you do, do it perfectly." I will try to do everything 100%, and really help this server.

Hard-Worker
      I am a hard worker. When I am a mod I will give my uttermost attention and work and I will give 100%. Hey, when I do my work I try to be fun about it, but I make sure the fun does not get in the way of work

Friendly
      I am also friendly. I never criticize anyone, and I try to make people feel better when they are sad. I try to support and help new people the best I can. Here is a quote that my idol says. "A real man will make other men and women feel like kings or queens". And this is true. I will try my best to make people feel like they are kings or queens.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      Monday: 10:00 am till 6:00 pm
      Tuesday: 6:eek:oo am till 6:00 pm
      Wednsday: 6:00 am till 12:30 pm. 3:30 pm till 6:30 pm.
      Thursday: 6:00 am till 6:00 pm
      Friday: 6:00 am till 6:00 pm
      Saturday: 10:00 am till 6:00 pm

Sunday: I am usually not available on Sundays. If I am. 10:00 am till 6:00 pm
      How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      For about 3 years. I have been playing on the sever longer then I have been on the fourums.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
      Unfortunately, yes. I have been banned for hacking, and advertising. I believe I have learned my lesson and wont break the rules. Sadly some people still think of me as an immature kid. I hope to show you that I can do this. I am mature.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      Yes. I currently own a server. I owned 2 other servers. I developed a server before it closed. And I administrated an old server.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No
      Yes. I believe I meet the requirements for staff.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    2. Herf

Herf Boss Member

no support i dont even remeber the last time i saw you on forums

3. BillCipher

Thanks for your opinion. i have been on the forums but i haven't been posting due to school, vacations, and family troubles.

4. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

No Support.
      • Not very detailed
      • Only have seen you in game once recently, I am aware we have different timezones but I want to be sure you are helpful and mature in game
      • Not very active on the forums
      • You have some reports, but I checked and you have very few
      • Grammatical errors
      • Not knowledgeable about the server
      Along with this, there are some things about your application that keep me from supporting you.
      They are doing their best, they are in a variety of timezones and just because you don't always see Moderators in game does not mean they are inactive.
      Such as? Can you provide an example? And if you saw this, why didn't you report it?
      Again, the mods are doing the best they can. Also, how can people hack on Skyblock? Why don't you record and report these people?
      Again, you bash the Mods. Can you give an instance when this happened? Or a Moderator who did it?
      If Mods see a spammer they perm ban them? You are aware that Mods have to request a perm ban from a Head-Mod, they cannot personally do it. This shows you have a lack of understanding as to the rules of the server.
      How do we know you will not make these mistakes again? I believe people can change, but unless you explain how and why you have, it doesn't seem genuine.
      This is a bit off topic for something to put in your moderator application.
      Go into detail as to what you did on this server? How many people played on it? How long they each were/have been up for?
      The requirements is an actual list of criteria you must meet in order to possibly even be considered for Moderator. The requirements as stated by CypriotMerkz are...
      The Requirements
      • 50 Post Count
      • Two Factor Authentication - Click here to set up 2FA.
      • 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums
      • Moderators are required to have Skype or Teamspeak 3 for offline communication.
      Failure to follow the requirements will have your application ignored.
      Note: Please remember that these criteria may change at any given time. If so, we will do our best to let you know so you can adjust accordingly.

Good luck.

5. BillCipher

unfortunately I do not want to expose the players as they have been demoted or they quit. I do know about the list of requirements as I have read them before and after I made this app. My server info isn't important at all. I know mods try there best. I guess I'm just defensive because of so many mistakes mods have made in the past. I know it is in the past so I will try to move on.

6. BillCipher

For anyone who supports and doesn't support apps. Please do so without a biased mind. I am not bashing ANYONE, but some people don't support because they don't care. And people support because of bias or they just like people. Please think about what you do.

7. Goner

Goner Experienced Member

No support,
      you contradict yourself SEVERAL times in this post, for example:
      -You state under "Honesty" that you have "never lied before". But you state in your intro that you have lied in the past
      -You also say in you "Active" section that you will be online at late hours. But you also said that you can only be online as late at 6:30pm, which to me, and I'm sure to others, is not that late.
      -You also say that mods are "soft about" being Strict, but you also say they are "soft about" being Kind too.
      -You also say that Mods only kick and temp-mute rule-breakers in the "Strict" section, but then say in the "Fair" section that you will be fair about punishments, if you are being fair, wouldn't that mean that the other Mods are properly punishing other players? Please clarify....

8. BillCipher

I mean that I will be strict and fair. Some mods(not going to name) are too strict and aren't kind at all. Some mods are too kind and they unban anyone. Or they don't ban at all.

9. Kenju

Kenju Experienced Member

No support, reasons stated.
      Also, I would like to point out the "strict" section of your app;
      The mods MUST follow rules, you CANNOT go around kicking and banning people. There are procedures you must follow as a mod. I read your app and it seems you are very immature and for the reasons stated, Im sorry but good luck.

10. cuban

cuban Experienced Member

neutral for now.

11. BillCipher

If a may. You think I am immature for 1 section. I have witnessed many mods breaking rules and getting demoted. Me seeing that doesn't make me immature. Or my whole app immature.

12. BillCipher

13. Kenju

Kenju Experienced Member

If I may quote myself; "I read your app and it seems you are very immature and for the reasons stated..."

14. BillCipher

And you quoted 1 reason.

15. Kenju

Kenju Experienced Member

That was the most disturbing one tbh.
      I could also say to work on your grammar because there are a lot of errors.

16. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Neutral..

17. BillCipher

Examples. That would be helpful. Thanks

18. BillCipher

Thanks

19. gabby

gabby Legendary Member

What gamemodes do you play most often?

20. Kenju

Kenju Experienced Member

"I may not be the most mature person ever..."
      Now maturity can have many different definitions according to one's belief's. My definition is different from yours and everyone else's, (We are all unique). That being said, from what I read, my opinion is that you come as immature. That's all I'm trying to say.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.