x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • OCE [AUS] PrincessPayne's Mod Application [Infection/OP-Prison]

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Jen, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

How old are you? 14

Your in-game name: PrincessPayne

What timezone are you in? AEST (GMT+10, Australia)

What country do you live in? Australia

What languages do you speak? Italian and Chinese, (Very Limited) and of course, English.

Why do you think you should become a mod? I strongly believe I should become a moderator for the following reasons:
      Not Abusive
      Well, first of all, I'm not a silly abuser like some people are who ban, kick and punish for the fun of it. Whats the point of being a staff member to help the community if you're not really helping the community?
      More mods in different timezones
      That's why I took up the position to be a mod, I'm not saying the current mods are bad and all, but I do think we need a few more mods that can help out, I saw almost 60 people on infection and not one mod! This maybe might be of timezones, but anyway.
      Humorous
      I also think I should become a moderator on mineverse because I can always throw in a joke or two, nothing makes me happier than people being happy on mineverse. Although, I do know when something has been pulled way too far and out of line, that's when I aim to stop. I remember when someone first pulled a funny joke on me, first I started crying but then when I found out my best friend pulled it on me, I just burst out laughing and giggling, it was one of the best moments of my life.
      Giving appropriate punishments
      If I see someone breaking the rules, I will give an appropriate punishment, I wont just blast it out willy nilly and give them a permanent ban, that's way too harsh, isn't it? So this is why I am trying to step up mineverse a notch.

So this is how I'd set it out, if I see someone rule breaking:

x1: Warning
      x2: Last Warning
      x3: Mute
      x4: Another Mute
      x5: Temp Ban
      I'd pretty much leave it there, if they still continued I will discuss with mods for further punishment.

Too many rulebreakers, not enough mods to handle
      When I'm on at my time, around 4PM Australian time, there's about 30 people on roaming wildly and no mod, what if someone was to break that rule, that's why I would step in and stop them. There may be moderators on forums and all but those moderators may just need to moderate their own 2 servers and most likely that may not be infection or op-prison.
      Kindness
      I believe I am nice person, but if you do get on my bad side, it won't be a pleasant outcome, I can tell you that right now ;). If I am feeling down, try cheer me up, if I cheer up, you're a wonderful person to me, if I'm not cheering up well, at least you tried.
      Maturity
      Well, one more reason is, I know I'm only 14, but I can handle things very seriously. I can be someone who's very cheerful and jolly, but when it comes to being a moderator, I enter a state of mind that is very precious to me, and that is dealing with pressure, you can't handle it lightly and you can't handle it very strongly.
      Knowledgeable
      I'm very knowledgeable with all the mineverse commands and actually most of the staff commands, unless there's a few custom ones and what not. For example there's /tempmuting and banning, /muting and permanently banning.

13 Servers, 500 People, 3 Mods
      Another reason I should become a mod is, the timezones, when I log on at 4PM AEST time (Eastern Australia), there is more than 500 people on mineverse and about 2-3 mods to handle them all! Seriously is this helping anyone? We only have about 2-3 mods from Australia and most of them can't be online all the time or they can't handle the other servers that they aren't controlling.
      Helpfulness
      I can bring my helpful personality to the community of mineverse by giving every mineverse player the fulfilments of their needs. I'm not just going to laze around on the server and brag about being mod, it actually means doing work, not just lazing around all day.
      Responsibility
      Like I said, being a moderator isn't just about being cool and being a staff member. It actually means doing work for the community, you can't just apply for mod and brag about it all day and do nothing. You have to apply 110% to help the mineverse community, and that is what I'm going to do if I get moderator.
      Not just about rulebreakers, it's about being helpful.
      Trust me, I know there is a lot of hackers on mineverse, I'll try get around to it, but it's also the help that is needed, not just finding sturdy hackers around the server. It actually means doing something for the community.
      Supportive

I can be very supportive in various ways. When I see someone who needs help and support, I offer the comfort that they really need. It saddens me deep inside to see someone just give up when they've got so far in something, and sadly, some people still do it. It doesn't make me furious, it just doesn't make me feel well. So as I was saying, if someone is pursuing their dreams, i'm not just going to crush that dream, i'm going to help them rise and push to their limits, gradually to reach that goal.
      Good Under Pressure
      Well, in tough situations, I do not just freak out and everything like that, I try to sort things out in the most organised way I can, I don't go one sided, even if they're my friend or not, it's unfair. I can take various occasions well especially under pressure for example, 6-10 people calling my name out at once, I will go to the one who has asked first, and will do it bit by bit.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      Rest of the holidays (5-12 Hours Everyday - 11 More Days)
      After holidays
      Monday - 1-4.5 hours
      Tuesday - 1-4.5 hours
      Wednesday 1-3.5 Hours
      Thursday 1-3.5 Hours
      Friday - 3-6 Hours
      Saturday - 4-12 Hours
      Sunday - 4 - 12 Hours

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I started playing mineverse in about November, 2013.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      Yes, I've been a helper on a server called "Swag-Craft"

Have you ever been banned in the past?

I've been banned on skywars but it was by Grayson and I can't even remember what I did..
      In conclusion, I really hope you guys can pick me, even if there's a remote chance I'll get mod. I give good luck to everyone else applying for mod, and thank you mineverse staff for letting me apply for this position!

Which two servers would you like to moderate?
      Op-Prison and Infection.

Ciao and Zàijiàn (Goodbye in Italian and Chinese)
      ~PrincessPayne

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    2. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Bumpity bump

3. Nerdobob

Nerdobob Active Member

Support but the color hurts mah eyes. and i support becuse in my timezone, i never see a mod (Once wen Scofu was on.)

4. kitkat6605910

kitkat6605910 Legendary Member

I support!!

5. lachie_jones99

lachie_jones99 Active Member

dont know you that much I saw you on infection and seem nice so best of luck

6. UncleUrnesto

UncleUrnesto Boss Member

No Support, Good Luck ;)!

7. elrak

elrak Legendary Member

Support.

8. Alixilyn

Alixilyn Experienced Member

I would suggest to bold out the questions, so more its visible, maybe experiment with colors, and more information on the 'Why do you think you should become a mod?' section. Other than, I will give you my support because you are very nice and no one would regret having a friend like you. <3

9. Alixilyn

Alixilyn Experienced Member

100% support now! Your application is detailed and easy to read. :)

10. rjnosidam

rjnosidam Guest

Please do not mention your donation rank in your application, as this can be taken as a bribe.
      As far as the application goes, you could use some more information regarding why you would like to become a moderator.
      Until then, no support, good luck!! :)

11. Grayson

Grayson Well-Known Member

Hmm, I think this application could use some work. Large text doesn't help, in-face I prefer smaller text.
      Also, pick a theme with colors, don't use a rainbow. It seems quite unkempt with the large text and bright colors.

Good luck. :)

12. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the support, I followed your tips, Beefy, Madison, Alix, thank you!

13. Mr_Wisdomguy

Mr_Wisdomguy Active Member

Support! PrincessPayne is active and a great person. PrincessPayne deserves to a mod. Best of luck :D

14. Van

Van Boss Member

Support.

15. ChloyyBear

ChloyyBear Well-Known Member

Nicely detailed.
      Support.

16. ImTopmass

ImTopmass Boss Member

No support, I see you on Infection all the time and you joined Sunday on the forums. You're new though. I suggest playing more than just 3 weeks.

17. xxEVILxELMOxx

xxEVILxELMOxx Active Member

Much support!
      Very detailed mod application<3

18. SavageTM

SavageTM Well-Known Member

Support.

19. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

I actually started in November 2013 but never got around to forums until last month.. :\ I quit for like 4-5 months because I had school.

20. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Bamppp

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.