x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • OCE [AUS] ParanormalPizza's Moderator Application [Global] [Accepted]

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by ParanormalPizza, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. ParanormalPizza

ParanormalPizza Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I'm ParanormalPizza. :) My last moderator application wasn't great, for many reasons. Hopefully, you'll think this one will be better. I also hope that all of you can forgive me for any mistakes I have made in the past, and I can assure you that I have learned greatly from that.

Introduction:

Hello everyone, I'm ParanormalPizza and I'm applying for mod. I'm a 14 year old, who records and reports hackers on YouTube. I have very much enjoyed playing Mineverse, and I'm now hoping that I could moderate this incredible server. I've been playing Mineverse for about 9 months. My good friend Blue_nova_pvp introduced me to this server as soon as he started, and I instantly loved it. The first game mode I played was infection, and I still do. It's my favorite game mode, although I still go around checking out the other game modes. I am mature, but I can still make jokes. They may not be good jokes, but it's the effort that counts, right? When I discovered that forums was fixed, the first thing I did was apply for moderator. It was a silly mistake, which I have now discovered. After 9 months of enjoying Mineverse, I finally believe that I am mature enough to moderate such a server. Anyway, thank you for reading, and on with the moderator application!

How old are you?

I am currently 14 years of age, and will be turning 15 on the 9th of November, 2016. I like to think I'm very mature for my age, but a few people tell me otherwise.

In Game Name:

My in game name is ParanormalPizza. Some people have a hard time spelling that name, but the name is often complimented for creativity :p

What is your timezone?

AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) UTC/GMT +11 hours

What country do you live in?

I live in Australia.

What languages do you speak?

I speak English, and I'm currently learning to speak french. My family is Italian, so I can speak a small amount of Italian.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

Yes I do. I have bandicam, and as soon as I update my computer I will have the windows 10 recording software. I also have my youtube channel where I upload my reports, and I am able to take multiple screenshots and put it into a video.

Why do you think you should become moderator?

Helpful
      I am always ready to help any players that are in need of assistance. When someone asks a question, I answer it. I love to help the new players, and I try to make sure they enjoy their stay in Mineverse as much as possible. I love seeing new players joining the server and figuring everything out.

Calm
      I am always calm, even in the worst of times. I do not use caps lock, or curse at other players. I love to be in a calm environment, so if there is a player that is upset or displeased, I can often resolve the issue and calm the player. Being moderator would especially help with resolving bad situations. Being calm is important for being a moderator because any anger or rage can bother the player, thus causing me to be disliked and it also may end up as them disliking the server.

Aware
      Being aware is very important for being moderator. I can reply to all messages sent to me in /msg and in chat. I am always paying attention to chat, and if I'm not, I'm probably AFK looking at forums. I always reply to people, and I haven't /ignored anyone because I'm not the type of person to /ignore. I ignored one person, but then later undid that because it didn't feel reasonable. I hope you forgive me for doing that (You know who you are) :)

Active

I am a very active player, and I always have time to join the server or go on forums. I have recently been up at all hours of the night looking at forums, attempting to answer any questions or help any players that are confused and/or struggling with something. I'm also very active in game, I know most players that I see on the server. Not much happens without me knowing about it because of me being so active.. With a moderator being extremely active, it is easy to find any rule breakers.

Experienced
      I know the commands required in being moderator, because I have been taught by some nice people on how to be a moderator.
      The commands I know:
      /ban [PlayerName] [Reason] Appeal at www.mineverse.com ~Pizza
      /tempban [PlayerName] [Time] [Reason] Appeal at www.mineverse.com ~Pizza
      /unban [PlayerName]
      /mute [PlayerName] [Time]
      /kick [PlayerName] [Reason]
      I often know when a player is hacking or rule breaking, and I know the appropriate punishments. I can also provide evidence before banning the player on my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1UPr0kJT3pzGtOn91EgvBw

Honest
      Many players trust me, and I'm well-known in the infection community. I always give people honest answers, and I give the best advice that I can to new players. When someone asks a question, I answer it as best I can. I don't lie. Ever. Not in-game, not on forums. I'm an honest player. Being honest is important when being a moderator, because it builds trust. Trust is very important, especially on a large server like Mineverse.

Respectful
      I respect all players. If a player disappoints me or frustrates me (which is unlikely), I will happily give them another chance. If I was to insult a player that annoyed me as a moderator, that would cause them to dislike me, and possibly dislike the server. I love to have many people on the server, because it gives me a chance to make new friends, and learn what more people are like. A player on infection gave me this advice the other day:

Live, laugh, and love.
      This taught me to respect everyone, and to keep going. If you make a mistake, learn from it, and laugh about it. You must always forgive, and never feel put down.

How long can you be active on the server every day?

Monday - 4 hours
      Tuesday - 4 hours
      Wednesday - 4 hours
      Thursday - 4 hours
      Friday - 6 hours
      Saturday - 5-8 hours
      Sunday - 5-8 hours
      I cannot guarantee that I will be on at specifically that length all the time, because I have a life too. I have other things I may need to do on one of those days. On forums, I can be on for 2-5 hours every day.

How long have you been playing Mineverse?

I have been playing on Mineverse since March 2015, and enjoyed almost every moment of it.

Have you ever been banned in the past?

Yes, I have been banned in-game before for using Kill Aura and Anti Knockback on infection. This ban was 5 months ago, I appealed, and now I'm trying my hardest to make sure that this mistake never happens again. I have never been banned on forums, and I don't believe I need to worry about getting banned, because I am doing very little wrong.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      Yes, I have been moderator/admin on many small servers. I am a Jr. Moderator on a server called JDMinecraft, which is a small survival server. The other servers I have been moderator or admin on shut down due to not having enough income. I now hope to be able to Moderate on Mineverse, because it has been my favorite server for a long time, and never ceases to excite me.

Which two servers do you want to moderate?
      I wish to be a global moderator, as I am aware that moderating 2 servers is no longer an option. I will swap between all gamemodes, always checking up on anyone and anything that needs help.

Conclusion:
      I thank you, NoobCrew and CypriotMerks, for making such an incredible server. After 9 months of enjoyment, I now wish to moderate it. I hope you can consider my application, and I give you my word that I will put in a lot of effort in moderating this server. Thank you all for reading!

~ParanormalPizza

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    2. BlackZone

BlackZone Boss Member

Neutral
      - Not active on forums

3. Flazer

Flazer Boss Member

Dates for bans? Will decide my opinion when the dates are given.
      Edit: Support.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    4. ParanormalPizza

Done.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    5. iGlitcher

iGlitcher Well-Known Member

Really think your a mature person. Bans absolutely mean nothing if they were 5 months ago. Support.

6. ParanormalPizza

I do try to be active, but thanks for your feedback :)

7. ParanormalPizza

Thank you!

8. alma

alma Boss Member

Support.
      - Active
      - Friendly
      - Mature

Try and work on your activity on forums, other than that support and best of luck to you! <3 :)

9. _Effortless_

_Effortless_ Active Member

I always say this to everyone trying out for a Moderator position "Don't just say, actually do it", and this is the first time someone has been completely honest in a Moderator application. Many would think you are too young, or haven't played for long enough, but that doesn't bother me. Someone could be 9 and still exhibit the maturity of a grown adult, but be discriminated against due to their age. It's the real values that you can see in someone that counts, not the values they state they have. Support :)

10. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

Paranormal, I think you have a big chance of doing this, because I know that you are a guy who is really great to talk/play to, and you are very mature. You are also quite active in-game and you're improving on forums. You are respectful to most people, and you are nice and helpful. I wish you the best of luck Para, and hope that one day you will be welcomed in the staff team.
      -RebornWolf, the Alpha Wolf.

11. ParanormalPizza

Thanks so much guys! You have no idea how much that means to me :D

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    12. Loominati

Loominati Experienced Member

Support. No reasons to be given. If you want them, it's all up there. :)

13. ParanormalPizza

Thank you :)

14. Robisgreat10

Robisgreat10 Well-Known Member

Neutral. i will keep an eye if you're mature and i will change to support. :)
      just try to be Active Member. :)
      good luck.

15. ParanormalPizza

I've been trying my hardest to get active member. Today, I spent about 10 hours on forums. Thank you for your feedback :)

16. TADS

TADS Guest

Support.

17. ParanormalPizza

Thanks, tads. :)

18. zStrafe

zStrafe Experienced Member

Support. This is a very nice application. Try and get active member. Good luck man!

19. ParanormalPizza

Thank you! I've been trying really hard to get active member. I've spent all day today and all day yesterday on forums. :)

20. ParanormalPizza

Should I add a Support/Neutral/NoSupport count?

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.