x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA ✯ ♥ Ꭶwift's ℳoderator ᗩpplication ♥ ✯

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Swift, Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. RicochetfromtheD

RicochetfromtheD Active Member

And by the way, I visited your Youtube channel and saw an enormous amount of players you accused to be "hacking" who were absolutely legit.

I cannot express my fear and worries of you ever becoming a staff member.

2. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Thanks for your input. But I indeed saw hacks as well as the banning moderator until you provided evidence that you were not hacking. I'm sorry you feel this way but it did look like in most of my reports you did indeed hack. My youtube channel has mostly accepted banned players expect for a few videos. You also harass me about how you don't hack in-game on Archer PvP and then I fight you and it looks like you are hacking and then I report you. No hard feelings.

3. Lifeless

Lifeless Experienced Member

Joining in the chat a bit, but that is so true I always look at the reported players everyday, and I see lots of people who gets falsely ban especially when u report in op pvp/kitpvp sometimes the players just get "combos" in you and you can't hit them doesn't mean they hack but I still don't get how they got banned for killaura and such...

4. Swift

Swift Boss Member

That's not true? Some of my reports were denied because they thought they were "combos" but others are flat out obvious when they hit you 6 blocks away each time. :> Just because one player doesn't see hacks doesn't practically mean it's not hacks.

5. RicochetfromtheD

Like I said, this is nothing personal, so no hard feelings indeed.

I don't know the overall ratio of accepted reports to rejected reports you have posted, and I don't want to take your words for it since it really doesn't look like you know what you're talking about in those reports. Not to mention cases like my own where players have to appeal to be unbanned because of the way they look in your videos.

Also, I'm only speaking from my personal experience through our interactions. You reported me three times, none of which were correct. That's your capability as far as I know and am concerned.

Lastly, please don't refer to me calling you out for the FACT of your incorrect accusations as "harass". It's hard to stay silent when you get repeatedly reported while playing absolutely legitimately.

6. Swift

Swift Boss Member

If it is indeed false, how come they get accepted? Maybe you don't hack, but it certainly looks like you do in my videos. Sorry if they may be false, but I'm just going off what it looks like.. I get opinions from others on Skype and they'd say the same. I do know what I'm talking about of course because I report players and they get banned, it's up to them to appeal and say it's false or not.

7. RicochetfromtheD

Let me ask you this: If it was indeed NOT false, how was I able to get unbanned after being banned twice from your report?

You're going a bit off track here. I'm not saying you post false reports on purpose, because I refuse to believe anyone does that. I believe that you report because you think the players you report do hack, and that's the problem of you becoming a moderator. Because if you're the person who bans a player when you have convinced yourself that he/she hacks, and you're the mod they have to appeal to, then what are the chances of them actually being accepted?

I'm merely commenting on the fact that the ratio of false reports among all your reports are a bit overwhelming. The second report of yours that I linked above was you reporting me after 5 minutes of what happened in your video, which means you probably recorded me, edited your video within 3 minutes, and then proceeded to using it in your report. That makes me question if you watch your own video AT ALL to confirm your own claim.

Again, I'm only pointing out what I experienced, and I welcome anyone to jump in this conversation.

8. Swift

Swift Boss Member

This issue is between you and I, I would prefer you not to have just "anyone" to jump in because a lot of people probably do believe that if I reported them it is false. Anyways, You got unbanned because I assume you recorded and proved your innocent. And yes, I report people I believe hack and I show people on Skype before submitting the report if the hacks aren't as clear to see if others can spot them. If I were to become moderator I wouldn't just ban without getting opinions first If it's a player report and on my own side, I believe that my mentor would train me about false banning.

9. Lifeless

Uhh if u ban someone (in your own persepctive and you're already a mod for example) it wouldn't appear in the archives reports:banned section right?

10. Swift

Swift Boss Member

No, it would not. I believe you would have to log the ban though.

11. RicochetfromtheD

No no, this issue is not restricted to only your and my input because I have said multiple times that what I said wasn't personal, as I was pointing out a general issue of you jumping into conclusion of someone hacking without feeling that you're responsible of your accusations.

Also, you're the one who's applying for mod here, so I'd really like other people to know about this problem and if they have similar issue with you.

I do appreciate you saying that you will be cautious with using your power if you do become a mod.

12. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Thank you for the input but as I said I've gotten multiple opinions from others if I believe the hacks are hard to see in the video, and one of the people I have gotten opinions from is an Ex-Moderator. If they see hacks then I usually report, If not.. Then I wouldn't report them. But your video was one of the ones that I was unsure of because FastBow isn't easy to catch in my opinion. I'm sorry if your ban was false though.

13. Jorge

Jorge Active Member

support

14. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Thank you for your support :).

15. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

Moderators are allowed to wait a few days until submitting it to their ban log. Bit of advice for @Swift, if you were to become a moderator I suggest you log every punishment. Not necessarily in your ban log. Maybe a folder on your desktop. The new ban plugin (banmanager) will do this for you. But it's always nice to have a back up.
      Just being informal.

16. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Thank you for the suggestion, I will be sure to do this If I were to become moderator, I'll make a folder named "Mineverse Ban Logs" :P

17. Lifeless

Just like having your recordings in a folder for more than 2 weeks without being deleted to make sure if they ban you maybe 1 week later the event happened you have a backup appeal :)

18. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

If he has enough GB on his HDD/SDD then he can create folders for each month. And within that month he can can create weekly logs. Something I always did when I moderated this server (and regret).

19. Lifeless

I tried organising my recordings like putting all the vids I recorded today in a folder with the date on it but no.. didn't work out my laziness is just too much basically all my recordings from the last 3 weeks are all dumped together in 1 folder xD

20. Jorge

Jorge Active Member

lol we share the same birthday although ur older than me by 3 years

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.