x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • ✦ Coastic's Mod Application ✦

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Coastic, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Coastic

Coastic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
      Intro

Hey Mineverse! I'm Savannah, or WolfWhispers/many other names. I decided to try and apply for moderator here on Mineverse because I think it'd be something that I would enjoy doing. I've been on these forums for a while and I've become more active on here and on the server. I've been able to form some friendships here as well, which is great. There are still probably a few of you who don't know who I am, and hopefully I can change that after you've read the material below. :p Alright, now with the actual application.

How old are you?
      I'm 14 years old, 15 in March

Your in-game name:
      My in-game name is 'coastic'

What timezone are you in?
      I'm in the Central Time Zone (UTC -06:00)

What country do you live in?
      I live in the United States of America

What languages do you speak?
      Unfortunately, I can only fluently speak English

Can you gather evidence?
      Yes, I can easily record hackers or take screenshots of chat. I have the full version of bandicam.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
      There are a few reasons as to why I believe that I should be a moderator. One would be that I was moderator on another large server that goes by 'CubecraftGames'. I was mod on this same server for a total of over a year, until I resigned for the final time. I enjoyed it. I know what's expected of people who want to be mod on basically any server. Most everyone hates trying to play on a server and for someone with hacked clients come ruin the game experience for everyone, or when someone feels the need to spam/use unnecessary profanity in chat. These things bother me, and I enjoy being able to get rid of them to improve the server. Some traits that I have, and consider to be good traits for a moderator, are listed below.

Responsible ➼
      I consider myself someone who is responsible. I know what's expected of me and I do my best to do what's right in a situation. I can take the consequences of my actions, good or bad. Having responsibility is important for a moderator because you need to be able to handle situations correctly and take punishment for what you've done wrong.

Helpful ➼
      I can be a helpful person. I'm always happy to help people in need of something. I'd be glad to help any new members to the server or just anyone in general that has questions. I also can be helpful in other ways, outside of anything internet related. I enjoy giving advice and trying to help if someone is struggling with something. I believe being helpful is an important trait for a mod to have because usually you'd have to be answering a lot of questions, concerns, etc.

Friendly ➼
      I usually make friends pretty easily (online at least, I'm really shy IRL). I enjoy talking to people and having conversations. I'm not a judgmental person, either. I try to put into consideration how everyone feels and act after I've thought through things, which in my opinion makes me a more friendly and approachable person. I would never reveal information about someone without their consent, and my friends, or anyone, can trust me with anything they may decide to tell me.

Approachable ➼
      Like I mentioned above, I'm also approachable. Nobody should be worried about wanting to talk to me, because I do enjoy helping and talking to people. It's easy to start a conversation with me and I'll always be willing to talk.

Mature ➼

Although I do joke around, I can be mature whenever necessary. Being mature is important when it comes to decision making, which is why it's a valuable trait to have as a mod. It's also important to not be biased, which I believe is effected by your maturity level. I also try to not overreact when something upsets me, because it usually just makes the situation worse.

Not biased
      I'm not going to be biased. I understand that it's rare, but sometimes staff have to punish people that they're close to. In my opinion, if you have to punish a friend and they let that ruin the friendship, then obviously it's not a strong friendship.

Understanding ➼
      Everyone has different views and opinions on things, and I always try to be understanding of them. Even if someone views something completely differently as I would, it doesn't necessarily make them wrong. It's important to be able to stop and think about why someone would have made the choice that they did, and then act from there.

Experienced ➼
      As I said above, I have had a good amount of experience as mod on another large server. I know the basic commands used, and although it may be slightly different, I can learn quickly. I know what would be expected of me and I do believe that I'd be able to do a good job at enforcing rules and improving the community.

Dedicated
      I will dedicate time and effort into helping Mineverse. The reason I am applying is to try to help the server and to decrease the amount of rule breakers and things like that. This will be made a priority and I'll do my best to be good at my job.

Productive

If I am given the chance to moderate here, I will be productive as far as me taking care of reports and things like that. I believe that because of the amount of reports I've dealt with moderating on another server, and the amount of work I have done, I will be able to put that same effort into Mineverse. I believe that I can truly help and change the staff team for the better.

Ability to spot hackers
      I am very familiar with the different types of hacks that people use and the most commonly used ones. I can easily detect hackers just by watching them. Skywars has a good amount of hackers on it, and I'd like to be able to catch the ones I end up seeing. Although rare, I know that some people even try to use different types of hacks to advance in Parkour as well.

Other small things:
      • I am able to gather evidence of players breaking the rules, using screenshots and recording. I can easily record a person hacking.
      • I'm a pretty fast typer, which just makes things easier when talking in chat.
      • I'm almost always available to be contacted. When I'm not able to use my laptop, I am always able to be contacted through my phone.
      • I'm patient. I don't feel the need to rush into doing certain actions.
      How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      I can be on the server for about 1-2 hours Monday through Thursday.
      On Friday through Sunday, I can be on anywhere from 1-4 hours.
      On the forums, I'm basically checking it all day.

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I've been on Mineverse for over a year. A friend told me about the forums and server, and I've always enjoyed the community. I haven't been active on the server very recently due to a break, but I'm going to start being active again now.

Have you ever been banned in the past?

I've been banned on forums twice for rate abuse. The second time was not intentional at all. I've never been banned in-game.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      Yes, I was moderator on another server running today averaging over 20,000 players a day. I've also been moderator and admin on a number of small servers that didn't really last long.

How I can personally benefit the staff team:
      I am fully aware of the lack of staff and the lack of work that is done on this server. I'm aware that there are many reports made each and every day, and I'm prepared to reply to them and get rid of rule-breakers. I'm prepared to go in-game as often as possible and enforce rules. Staff aren't robots, so obviously this isn't the only thing I'd be doing, but you can count on the fact that I can balance out my priorities. I will do my work, and all you have to do is give me the chance.

Thanks for putting the time into reading my application, and any advice would be greatly appreciated!
      [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    2. Malc

Malc The Pro Moderator Premium

Support. ;>
      I read it over Skype before she posted it

I saw her moderate on another server and she did a fabulous job btw

3. slay

slay Experienced Member

yes yes yes
      wolf 4 prezident 2016

4. Ohmic

Ohmic Legendary Member

support, good luck

5. Dark

Dark Experienced Member

Support 8/8 m8 so gr8.

6. Khortex

Khortex Experienced Member

Support

7. Electric_

Electric_ Well-Known Member

Support.

8. Bombmasaur

Bombmasaur Experienced Member

Support.

9. thorraks

thorraks Guest

Support bby

10. KingSize

KingSize Experienced Member

Support , good luck

11. xen

xen Well-Known Member

SUPPORT <333333

12. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Support 100%

13. Nightfire

Nightfire Boss Member

Support

14. SuperQuickPVP_HD

SuperQuickPVP_HD Active Member

15. SuperQuickPVP_HD

SuperQuickPVP_HD Active Member

I only support people who deserve it!!

16. PopIs_MyLife

PopIs_MyLife Legendary Member

SUPPORT omg, would LOVE to have you on the team!

17. Olivxr

Olivxr Guest

Savannah... Such wow name. Buitful. Cute. Lel. Hawt(lol I didn't even see you before, but i suppose u're hawt). Awesome. Name. Support. Cute. Purrfect. Mod. Suvannah4mod
      Aka
      #StuffinMahMuffin4Modomg

18. PopIs_MyLife

PopIs_MyLife Legendary Member

19. xen

xen Well-Known Member

More support.

20. thorraks

thorraks Guest

More support

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.