x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • EUR тєαмтуℓєя'ѕ ѕтჃ αρρℓι¢αтιση

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by TeamTyler, Jul 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. TeamTyler

TeamTyler Experienced Member

[​IMG]
      ωну αм ι αρρℓуιиg:
      Alright, I've realized for a long time that I've been having no fun on Skyblock, (not the Mineverse one) so I wanted to quit for ages. I was too addicted to their forums, so I purposely made an alternative account in the hopes to get my forum account there banned or deleted. I would have changed my password, but then I'd have ended up changing the password again, or something stupid like that. Who else has had that feeling where they just couldn't let something go? Well that was the feeling I had.
      I promise I'm not addicted to Mineverse like I was to Skyblock, so this won't ever happen here.
      I honestly respect you if you don't support me, or even hate on me because of what I've done on Skyblock, but I believe Skyblock and Mineverse shouldn't have anything to do with each other in this way.
      I really want to be able to help the server lots more, as I'll state later in my application.

ιи gαмє υѕєяиαмє:
      My in game username is currently TeamTyler. Feel free to search me up on http://namemc.com :)

тιмєzσиє αи∂ ¢συитяу:
      The timezone I am living in is UTC + 12:00.
      The country I am living in is New Zealand, I might move to England one day.

fℓυєит ℓαиgυαgєѕ:
      The only language I can speak is English. I'm going to be learning Russian and Spanish soon, so I'll be able to speak 3 different languages.

тωσ fα¢тσя αυтниєιт¢αтισи:​
      As this is a mandatory requirement, I have enabled it. We all want our accounts to be secure.

єνι∂єи¢є gαтнєяιиg:
      Of course I do. I can take screenshots and occasionally record videos. I generally get good evidence with screenshots. If people are unable to report on the forums for whatever reason, I give them my email to send me evidence and I'll post it here for them.

яєαѕσиѕ σи вєιиg α мσ∂єяαтσя:
      Hey, I understand my past on the forums isn't clean, but all I can do is try my best. I might look like I'm incapable of moderating, but never judge a book by its cover.
      I think I should become a moderator on Mineverse because I'd love to help people. I know I can help people without the [Moderator] tag, but I'd love to be able to help further. I can help with stuff like 'How do we play this game?' or 'Please can you get a staff member on?' or even help them build. I'd love to help with people who have been looted.In the mean time, I can just ask a staff member to help if I cannot. I also have lots of traits, most which moderators should have. I understand not all of these are relevant, but I believe they are.
      Helpful - I am a helpful human being, physically and socially. I'm always trying to help people if they've lost stuff to a hacker, griefer and many more horrible incidents. I'm answering as many questions as I can. If I have no idea how I can help, I do try to help. If I cannot at all, I stay out of the situation.
      Optimism - Despite my Pessimism in real life, I'm generally an optimistic person. If someone's feeling upset in game, I will take time to talk about them, after explaining who I am. If they feel upset and depressed, instead of calling them an attention seeker, I'll say something optimistic like 'everything will be fine, I know it. You're a beautiful human being.' and hope for the best. Optimism doesn't always help, but in most cases it does.
      Mature - I sometimes pull the odd immature stunt, but everyone does. It's good to have fun in your life, as long as you're appropriate about it. I know when to stop being 'immature' and I know when it's the right time for it. I just want to have fun as well as speak in a sensible manner.
      Honest - I am an honest person. I might jokingly steal something, but I always give the item back unless they say I can have it. If someone asks me a question, I will answer it honestly, especially if the question could seriously help someone. I can also accept when I'm wrong, rather than lying about it.
      Non-judgmental - I might not like your opinion, but I will respect it. If you're into guys or girls it doesn't matter. If you're black of white it doesn't matter. If you're male or female it doesn't matter. In all honesty, none of these matter. If someone shares an opinion and I disagree with it, I won't go yelling stuff like 'That's dumb!' but I will kindly show them I respect their opinion.
      Safe Account - All my accounts are safe. Nobody but my parents know my passwords, but in all honesty, none of them really care about what I do online as long as I 'don't get depressed over a bullying 10 year old' or ' don't get a virus on the computer'. I trust my parents, in my opinion, you should all trust yours, but I respect it if you don't. My forums account has enabled lots of protection on it from 2FA and I'm grateful Cypriot implemented it. My minecraft account has 5 different passwords, which I randomly change it to at random times. I also have some random backup ones incase someone figures them out.
      Fast Typer - This is excellent if the chat is full of wonderful spam. My words per minute are about 86 per minute, with two spelling mistakes.
      Knowledge - I have lots of knowledge about this server, but I still need help sometimes, but hey that's okay! I know simple things that many other don't, so I use it to my advantage to be helpful. I also have knowledge about myself, clearly. I know my strengths and weaknesses, as do some staff members that I trust.
      Willing - I'm willing to help, as I've stated enough times. I'm fairly stubborn, but with a big will to change. If it's better for the long run, then hey I'm not really losing any benefits for myself. I just want to be great in the long run.
      Observant - Sometimes I can tell when proof has been tampered with. I'm observant just encase, I observe evidence in screenshots to make sure it's not forged or tampered with. The chat goes by pretty fast, depending what server you play on most. It's rare that I'll forget who someone is, but if I do, then I apologize.
      Secret Keeper - If we ever stop being friends for some reason, your secrets are safe with me. As mine should be safe with you. Most of the time, you'll tell one person, then five know the secret somehow. Not with me, because what you tell me stays with me.
      Unbiased - Okay, let's all be honest. I have friends I wish to not ban, but if I had to then I would. They'd get bitter at me, but hey that's life. Break the rules, you take the punishment. Enemies and friends will NEVER be treated differently, unless their past and records are different.
      Reasonable - If someone's desperate for whatever reason, I am reasonable about how I react. If someone was to kill my animals, instead of calling them a rude name, I'd screenshot it and ask them why they did it. I'd still report them, but I'd be reasonable with how I react to them.
      Intelligent/Bright - I know I sometimes act a little dumb, but I'm actually pretty smart. In math tests for example, we'll be given two hours, I'll finish it in 10 minutes while everyone else takes AT LEAST an hour. It's because I'm fairly smart, ironically I don't pay much attention in class, so it's a miracle how I even manage to pass. My IQ is the 100, the average IQ for someone my age.
      Original and Not Perfect - I'm not fake, and I'm proud of it. I'm not calling anyone fake, but some people can be fake. I'm just myself. I also know I'm not perfect. Nobody is perfect. You can't please everybody, but you can try your best. As I'm myself, I'm sorry if you dislike me for who I am, but I'm who I am. Sorry if this sounds rude, but most people do act fake when applying for a staff position on a Minecraft server.
      Independent - I don't rely on others to get things done for me that I should be doing myself. I'll either do it myself, or not get it done at all, preferable doing it myself. I don't rely on others for help and that, but if it's offered then I appreciate it. I don't have many people to rely on, so this is one of the reasons I don't rely on others much. If I trust you, then I rely on you. I don't trust many people but it won't get in the way of anything.
      Active - You might as well not even apply if you cannot be active. I am honest about my activity and I'm a really active person. I might be inactive compared to some of you, but I'm as active as I possibly can be active for. If I need to go inactive for whatever reason for however much time, I will let people know. I won't bottle it in, giving myself stress, have too much stress and eventually resign or get demoted. It's better to not bottle things in, no matter how big or small, it all adds up.
      Teamwork - I have the ability to work with other people, even if they really irritate me. I don't really get along with many people, so it's not really much different to real life than moderating an online game's server. I'd have strong inputs on things and listen to other's ideas.
      Leadership - I'm a pretty good leader when it comes to organizing events, teams and much more. I feel it's a good skill, as if you have good leadership then more people will look up to you.
      Spare Time - I have so much spare time, but most of it's used on my everyday life. This is why I can only spare a couple of hours a day at least. I do have spare time, if I have extra time I'll use it.
      Caring - I care so much about the forums, the server and the community. I'm always putting others before myself, or I try to at most times. I'm just so happy when others feel welcome on the server, so I try to keep it that way for everyone.
      Forgiving - If someone's done something that people would consider 'unforgivable' I'd be pretty darn angry, but I try to forgive people for their mistakes. I know that nobody is perfect, so all you can do is forgive sometimes.
      Blackmail and Bribes - It's so easy to fall for blackmail and bribes. It's impossible to blackmail me to do things against my will, or to bribe me for personal gain. I don't like being 'used' so I'm honest with my thoughts on things that you can be bribed or blackmailed on. If someone's seriously blackmailing me, I simply report it.
      Against Drama - I don't find it 'cool' when people start gossip behind other's backs. I know how it feels to be gossiped about, so this is why I try to stop others from doing so. If there's something going on causing a fight in chat I'll try my best to stop it. I don't like starting fights, I prefer finishing them.

α¢тινιту:
      I cannot promise specific times, but I can say how long I can be on everyday. These will be updated when I find out. I can be on at least 10 hours a day on forums, as I'm a rebel who goes on during school.
      Monday-Thursday = 1-3 hours a day.
      Friday = 2-3 hours a day.
      Saturday-Sunday = 3-7 hours a day.
      Remember, there aren't promised times, but most likely after school. On Mondays and Wednesdays school finishes at 3:30pm, while on every other day, it finishes at 2:45pm.

мιиєνєяѕє нιѕтσяу:
      I've been playing for almost three years. Almost two years on the forums.

ρυиιѕнмєит нιѕтσяу:
      Forums - @Teeeb and I used to have non-stop fights, as we had a horrible first impression. I got a few mutes and a ban from it. I've also been banned for deliberate rate abuse once, which I've stopped now. Pile has also banned me quite a few times for rate abuse, as I didn't understand the full concept of it. I understand now and I've been really careful ever since.
      In game - I was banned for death wishes for a month on Survival and banned for a day on KitPvP for saying a word that wasn't in the filter, yet still inappropriate. I also got a ban for having an X-ray texture pack, which I believe was an unfair ban. Texture packs are texture packs.

ραѕт мσ∂єяαтισи єχρєяιєи¢є:
      I do indeed. On a couple of small servers that shut down. I know how to use some commands such at:
      /ban (Permanently bans a user)
      /banip (Permanently bans a user and their IP)
      /tempban (Temporarily bans a user)
      /kick (Kicks a user from the server)
      /mute (Removes a user's permission to speak in the chat)
      /tp (Teleport to a user without having them type '/tpaccept')
      /sudo (Forces a user to type a certain command)
      I unfortunately have no idea how to use every moderating command, but I can learn.

яєqυιяємєитѕ ѕтαтυѕ:
      I sure do, I've even checked them all off!

¢σи¢ℓυѕισи αи∂ ιиfσямαтισи
      Okay, I wish good luck to all those applying. I'd also love to thank you for reading my application if you took the time. I appreciate any constructive feedback, preferably in a polite way. If I get accepted as a staff member or not, I'll have my head held high with dignity.
      Please note I am most active on Survival, Hellblock and Op PvP. I'm sometimes on the prison servers and Archer PvP.
      I also understand I hardly report people, but I hardly see anyone breaking rules, so yea. :p
      School's also starting, so RIP me.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    2. TeamTyler

ѕυρρσят

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    3. Galaxy_Storm

Galaxy_Storm Active Member

Support! Good Luck ;)

4. TeamTyler

Thank you Galaxy, do you have any feedback for me to follow?

5. meme boi

meme boi Experienced Member

Support. Good luck.

6. TeamTyler

Thank you Hammy! Do you have any feedback I can follow?

7. meme boi

meme boi Experienced Member

Nope, not really.

8. TeamTyler

Alright, let me know when you think of something, if you do ;)

9. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

Support, good luck.

10. Galaxy_Storm

Nope, none that I can think of.

11. TeamTyler

Aw thanks! Any feedback I can follow, Max?
      Alright, thank you.

12. Methylone

Methylone Experienced Member

No support as of right now.
      If you improve the following i'll re-consider.
      You have 21 banned reports in total only.
      The reports are only chat offenses I want to see more reports that come from people hacking as I feel that is more important.
      Other than that good luck.

13. TeamTyler

The majority of them have all been recent, but thanks.
      I'll work on this, thank you.

14. Galaxy_Storm

Report's are not everything. 21 is a significant number of people banned. He is watching the chat which is a very good thing. It's the number one place where offenses occur, and children can see things they shouldn't.

15. TeamTyler

Also, I've only gotten 9 people banned with reports, I believe?

16. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

Maybe add more detail in your reasons? You have a lot of reasons but little detail in them. But that's just a small thing you could improve on, I think you'd be perfect for the position.
      EDIT: You can also make more reports, that would help.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    17. TeamTyler

That's really kind of you Max. I really appreciate this.

18. Methylone

Methylone Experienced Member

I'm not trying to go off topic but I want to inform you of the information you don't know. I never said chat offenses was not important i'm just saying that I BELIEVE that hackers are more important but thats only my opinion. TeamTyler I searched your name in the Reports:Banned archive sections of Mineverse forums to see how many people reports that were accepted and 21 was the number. Your first was report January 28th.

19. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

Neutral. You're very helpful on Survival but I rarely see you do reports.

20. TeamTyler

Oh, my bad. I searched up my name and only came up with 9. Sorry about the inconvenience.
      Remember, I will work on this.

Thanks. For a start I'm going to try be on almost every server. I'll also try be more active in the report section :)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.